PDA

View Full Version : Scripted news segments?

BloodBaneZXY
03-20-2005, 12:13 AM
I was watching the news earlier today and saw a piece on the american government claiming to have been writing scripted news stories and selling them directly to TV stations. In a press conference Bush apparently justified it by claiming that as long as the information is factual it's perfectly legitimate and legal. Personally I think it's a huge breach of trust, regardless of whether the pieces are real or not, it's the viewers right to know if it's real or fake. I've also heard that many of the scripted segments contained false information and incorrect facts.

BlueGoblin
03-20-2005, 12:20 AM
That's not surprising. There has been little open criticism of the bush administration in the american media. Unfortunately, despite the so-called liberal bias in media, the major media in the states is all owned by a small number of massive coporate entities who know where their bread is buttered.

Right wing government = tax breaks for mega-corporations = media cheering section for right-wing government who do and say what they are told to do and say.