PDA

View Full Version : Eggs

Neil4Speed
03-20-2005, 01:59 AM
Well I have a kind of general question for you guys.

I am 17 years old, 5 10" and about 138 Pounds and scrawny. I have been looking to put on some good mass, and have turned to eating eggs. I really like em, I make some mean eggs scrambled and throw random stuff into them and they are amazing.

Anyways, I started having half a dozen eggs every morning. Its about 4 times my recommeded level of colestrol, but overall, its fantastic since I get allot of Protien, Omegas etc. And, it keeps me going for a really long time.

This should probably ask my doctor about but like, any opinions on if eating half a dozen eggs daily will be bad for me for a temporary period.

YCB
03-20-2005, 04:42 AM
keep an eye out for the egg yolks, egg albumin is mainly protien so that should be ok.. eat more egg whites than the yolks.. and don't only rely on eggs. When you wanna gain mass, you have to eat anything and anything (healthy) that is available, 6 meals a day, eat til you feel the food in your throat, in a few months you'll gain 10 lbs easy

Carfanman
03-20-2005, 10:30 AM
The yolk has the most protein, it wouldnt make sense to have more whites. Also, get Omega 3 eggs, they're healthier.

Toma
03-20-2005, 10:45 AM
LOL.... egg whites?? That's 80's thinking.

No harm in eating that many eggs. Ingested cholesterol is not a problem at all.

Watch the high GI carbs though as they clog your arteries.

Think of an egg as natures perfect nutrient. During the chick embryos develpment and growth, its sole source of nutrition for growth is the egg YOLK. The egg white is never used, it is simply there for protection and impact absorption etc....

1badPT
03-20-2005, 12:15 PM
I assume your doing some sort of weight training to aid your weight gain? I have the same opinion as Toma, when I eat my eggs, I eat the white and the yolk. Just make sure your doing some weight training so all those nutrients stay in your body.

Also if you want to gain weight, first and foremost is you have increase the amount of calories you eat in a day. Whether those calories come from protein or carbs or fats, you won't gain any weight without increasing the amount of calories you eat in a day. Once you are eating enough calories, then you can change your diet to get the right ratios of carbs to proteins to fats.

Carfanman
03-20-2005, 03:42 PM
Dietary cholesterol is not as bad as the FDA and the media makes it out to be.

Doctors have found lots of cholesterol around the arteries of people who have had heart attacks, and so they decided that cholesterol causes heart trouble. What really happens, is that the cholesterol is there to help take care of the heart attack.

Example:

Fire=Heart attack
Firemen=cholesterol
Bystander=Doctors

There is a fire. A bystander goes to the site of the fire, and sees firemen all around. He therefore assumes that the firemen are the cause of the fire, because wherever there is a fire, firemen can be found. Really the fireman come to help take care of the problem, they don't cause it.

statick
03-21-2005, 01:34 PM
eating that many isnt a bad idea. just look at me, i eat 13/day and i'm fine:rofl:

davidI
03-21-2005, 07:13 PM
I always eat 6 eggs in the morning when I've got time. My newest thing has been to toast 4 pieces of bread, cook the eggs into 2 'paddies' and make some Egg McMuffin type things by tossing a couple pieces of ham on each sandwhich. Makes them a bit more portable too incase you have to eat on the run!

PGTze
03-21-2005, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Carfanman
Dietary cholesterol is not as bad as the FDA and the media makes it out to be.

Not much is lol...

Just as long as your not throwing down 2 dozen eggs a day and sitting on your ass all day you should be fine.

Tyler883
03-23-2005, 07:53 PM
Lecithin is known as a fat emulsifier...ie it is used in chocolate to keep the coco butter spread evenly through out the chocolate....

some people also claim that lecithin will help disolve the fats and chloesterol build up in your blood vessels...

...if this is true, I wouldnt listen to the people that are down on egg yolks because "its high in chlorestorol" ........

just tell them that egg yolks are also an excellent source of lecithin, too.

(soory about the spelllyng)