PDA

View Full Version : Advice on What I should do

5hift
03-20-2005, 11:30 AM
I came into the parking lot last night by 1st street to find some nice scrape on my back bumper from someone backing up into my car and driving off. The scrape isnt that big but its deep and I think it goes deep enough that its at the primer.

What I'm wondering, is should i start to expect rust where the scrape is on the back bumper if left alone? Im not even sure if it could just be patched and painted or if the whole bumper would have to be re painted. The main reason Im trying to get an idea of the process and costs involved is because within a year i plan on replacing the bumpers with a kit so I'm trying to figure out if its worth even repairing it.

danno
03-20-2005, 11:55 AM
aren't your bumpers made of plastic or poly urethane, they're not metal. anyways i would just leave it until you get your kit no point in fixing it just to replace it. i could be wrong with the bumper but i have a scratch on mine and it won't rust. good luck

knox
07-26-2005, 10:39 PM
if your bumper is plastic it won't rust

calgarygts
07-27-2005, 09:51 AM
If you're replacing it next year anyways I would do some reading on wetsanding and polishing techniques and give it a go. You may very well be able to reduce or even get rid of the scratch, depending on how bad it is. You could also look at airbrushing from someone in town, or get an estimate at a few body shops on fixing it.

sabad66
07-27-2005, 09:57 AM
Your Prelude's back bumper is not metal...it won't rust. And if your going to be replacing it in a year, I wouldn't even bother with it unless its REALLY noticable.

lastprodigy
07-27-2005, 09:59 AM
unless you use touch up paint, which is ghetto on such a big area youll need to get the whole bumper painted