PDA

View Full Version : s13 sr20det starter

mval123
03-20-2005, 10:08 PM
Just got done with the swap...have a bad starter,where can i get a relatively cheap starter...or who can I have it sent to to be rebuilt?

Lo)2enz0
03-21-2005, 08:52 AM
get the part number and order it through nissan. I do that with the ca18det all the time and it only take 2-5 days before it here.

lancer_evo_7
03-22-2005, 05:50 PM
Talk to shoaib at JDM (japan domestic motor) He may have one.

dymz999
03-22-2005, 10:50 PM
If I remember right there is a shop on 40 av ne just off of centre st that can rebuild it for you, around $60 or so for a starter. I haven't gone there in a year or so since they rebuilt mine.

The problem with the SR20DET starter in particular is that there is not another starter that crosses over to be used. You can't just go and order one from nissan. If you gave them the number off of the starter they could order you one from Japan but that would be a good 2 to 3 weeks and that's if you paid for the $$$$ shipping.

It's a PITA since the starter is quite different from the KA24E and KA24DE starters. Your best bet is getting it rebuilt though, that way you'll know your not getting another dudd. Buying used parts when it comes to Japanese motors that have been sitting in junk yards for a good 5 years plus is never the best solution.

jdmakkord
03-22-2005, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by dymz999
If I remember right there is a shop on 40 av ne just off of centre st that can rebuild it for you, around $60 or so for a starter. I haven't gone there in a year or so since they rebuilt mine.

The problem with the SR20DET starter in particular is that there is not another starter that crosses over to be used. You can't just go and order one from nissan. If you gave them the number off of the starter they could order you one from Japan but that would be a good 2 to 3 weeks and that's if you paid for the $$$$ shipping.

It's a PITA since the starter is quite different from the KA24E and KA24DE starters. Your best bet is getting it rebuilt though, that way you'll know your not getting another dudd. Buying used parts when it comes to Japanese motors that have been sitting in junk yards for a good 5 years plus is never the best solution.

40 ave and center ne in Calgary, or Moscow Idaho?