PDA

View Full Version : fountain pop

d-UNiT
03-20-2005, 11:39 PM
which do you prefer ... fountain pop, or pop from a bottle.. i dont know what it is but ide rather have fountain pop.. i guess this is lame.. just wondering what some of you think

SteveMo600
03-20-2005, 11:43 PM
Dude a lame thread is asking how many times people shit in a day...

Anyways, I try to not drink pop at all cause it's SOOOO bad for you. If i had to choose, it'd be bottled because it's always guaranteed to taste the same. Fountain pop tends to be inconsistent, somtimes really strong and somtimes watered down.

d-UNiT
03-20-2005, 11:44 PM
true that.. maybe its what i like the, spontaneous pop mmmm

djayz
03-20-2005, 11:44 PM
isnt fountain pop like outta the machine into a glass or cup?

and i believe fountain pop is a little bit watered down so it doesnt stick up the machines if it stops working

i prefer fountain pop tastes better to me

Weapon_R
03-20-2005, 11:46 PM
fountain pop tastes soo mch better!

d-UNiT
03-20-2005, 11:46 PM
i worked at mcdonalds.. and wede have these 50lbs crates of syrup (coke sprite etc), and theres a hose that you plug into it.. that mixes the tonic water with it, i believe, when it gets pumped the ratio is probably not very consistant, hence the flavour variation

Rockski
03-21-2005, 12:06 AM
coke from a can is best, then fountain, then bottle

otherwise, its fountain all the way:thumbsup:

FiveFreshFish
03-21-2005, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Rockski

Yep, except if the bottles were glass, I'd rank it first. Too bad they're all plastic now.

EK 2.0
03-21-2005, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

Yep, except if the bottles were glass, I'd rank it first. Too bad they're all plastic now.

those were SO the days...the old 2 Liter Glass Bottles...man oh man...I still have a few of those empties kicking around...

finboy
03-21-2005, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by SteveMo600
Dude a lame thread is asking how many times people shit in a day...

Anyways, I try to not drink pop at all cause it's SOOOO bad for you. If i had to choose, it'd be bottled because it's always guaranteed to taste the same. Fountain pop tends to be inconsistent, somtimes really strong and somtimes watered down.

:werd:

i've cut back on the amount of pop i drink, but i like it from the bottle.

t-im
03-21-2005, 01:04 AM
All pop taste the same to me...whether it's from a fountain, bottle or can...Pop is bad for you so I don't drink it much..I try to drink only water..:(

nismodrifter
03-21-2005, 01:05 AM
hrmm...can is definately best, then from fountain then bottle. Fountain just tastes good because you're out and about when you're drinking it and usually you like NEED a drink bad when you have one so maybe thats why it seems like it tastes better.
I never used to drink pop much (maybe 1 can a week?) but since I've been living on my own during the school year pop consumption has gone way up....definately not good

Melinda
03-21-2005, 01:14 AM
Can't beat a well mixed fountain pop :)

X_plorer
03-21-2005, 01:31 AM
I like fountain pop, doesn't taste so damn sugary.

JordanEG6
03-21-2005, 08:43 AM
pop is pop. bad for you, but i drink it anyways.

i prefer pop from a bottle.

sputnik
03-21-2005, 09:08 AM
I prefer Pepsi from a can.

EK 2.0
03-21-2005, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by finboy
but i like it from the bottle.

so, you like your liquids from something long and slender hey Adam??

Kirbs17
03-21-2005, 09:10 AM
Fountain pop is awesome. As gross as McDicks is, they're fountain coke is really good

BokCh0y
03-21-2005, 09:11 AM
canned or bottled.

sillyd
03-21-2005, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Rockski

Exactly! A can of coke every day for me.

rage2
03-21-2005, 10:53 AM
Fountain pop varies from place to place, and time of day you get it at. Most restaurants, if you're the first one to get fountain pop there when they open, you'll get a great metallic taste in your drink, thanks to the pop sitting in the rusty pipes overnight. Very very annoying.

The best place to get fountain coke IMO is earls. Very syrupy, super sweet.

EK 2.0
03-21-2005, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by rage2
Fountain pop varies from place to place, and time of day you get it at. Most restaurants, if you're the first one to get fountain pop there when they open, you'll get a great metallic taste in your drink, thanks to the pop sitting in the rusty pipes overnight. Very very annoying.

Isn't Earl's Pepsi supplied Rage??...I might be wrong...

sputnik
03-21-2005, 10:59 AM
Earl's is Pepsi :thumbsup:

Dope Dealer
03-21-2005, 01:10 PM
In Charlottetown they only have glass bottles since it is one of the main factories there. No plastic anywhere... Pretty cool to see..

rage2
03-21-2005, 02:19 PM
Pepsi, coke, same thing! ;)

Phy
03-21-2005, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

Jones Cola, man.

sputnik
03-21-2005, 02:40 PM
Pepsi, coke, same thing! ;)

Do you remember that old Pepsi ad campaign with the frat house and the old folks home?

TDA
03-21-2005, 03:02 PM
Used to work @ a pop company...

The flavour variation is mostly due to the quality of water used to mix the fountain pop. Some places filter, some straight from the tap, etc...

Also depends if its a BIB packaging or the Tanks.

I was told that sometimes the company refuses to sell fountain pop syrup to certain locales, and only sell the premixed (and ready go to, except for the C02) stuff, due to the variations in water quality (read: they have crappy water)

X_plorer
03-21-2005, 08:09 PM

All the fountain set ups I have seen have plastic hoses and aluminum or stainless steel cannisters. No different then bottled or canned pop I don't think...

Barking_Spidre
03-21-2005, 09:28 PM
Definately fountain pop, then can, then bottle.

Slurpee's are number 1 anytime of the year! :thumbsup:

hampstor
04-03-2005, 04:39 PM
I miss coke / pepsi in glass bottles... though if you go to some developing countries you can still get it in a glass bottle :drool:

Here in Canada, I prefer pop in a can over fountain or plastic bottle.