PDA

View Full Version : F#$@ Honda Usa Customer Service

nit78
03-21-2005, 12:09 PM
I decieded to purchase a prelude from the states, and to import the vehicle I need a Vehicle Recall Clearance letter. Obtaining this letter is usually as easy as making a call to the manuf customer service line. Honda on the other hand does not want vehicles to be imported or exported so they will not issue these letters. So here I am sitting with my prelude, but I can't register it because F#$#@# HONDA will not give me the letter.

Has anyone ever ran into this problem? Does anyone have any recall letters for any Honda car that they might have imported?

camaro
03-21-2005, 12:34 PM
get a recall letter from calgary honda. is the car already here in canada? if so, you can just forge one, i know my friend did it no problem. though it is bad, there is no other way.

lastprodigy
03-21-2005, 12:47 PM
ahahah ...good idea though

BMPnRIDE
03-21-2005, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by camaro
get a recall letter from calgary honda. is the car already here in canada? if so, you can just forge one, i know my friend did it no problem. though it is bad, there is no other way.

That's why I think he wants a letter.
LOL

69cougar
03-21-2005, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by camaro

I would think long and hard before uttering a forged document. It may be fine short term but could come back and haunt you in the long run. :dunno:

oddjob
03-21-2005, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by 69cougar

I would think long and hard before uttering a forged document. It may be fine short term but could come back and haunt you in the long run. :dunno:

its only for one time use then it gets thrown out... i've imported a car before and its no big deal. They simply look at it and thats about it.

QuasarCav
03-21-2005, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by oddjob

its only for one time use then it gets thrown out... i've imported a car before and its no big deal. They simply look at it and thats about it.

And thanks to this being a public forum, your cover may have already been blown.

Notice how he said "uttering".

oddjob
03-21-2005, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

And thanks to this being a public forum, your cover may have already been blown.

Notice how he said "uttering".

or not, its just a letter. The guy at the inspection didn't even care too much about it. He even passed my car with the tint on the front windows.