PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know of some good All-you-can-eat joints?

Komplekshun
03-21-2005, 04:22 PM
I know Vlasis on mcknight and edmonton trail got all you can eat pizza for 8.50. Pizza is decent, the atmosphere is wack... Bikers/truckers/hicks.

any other options that have gone under the radar?

cidley69
03-21-2005, 05:05 PM
I like the Korean BBQ on 16th Ave NE (near SAIT). All you can eat sushi and meat to BBQ for 20 bucks. Great deal and good food!

:D

Despair*
03-21-2005, 05:47 PM
The Korean BBQ sounds awesome. I'm definately going to have to give it a try sometime soon. If your looking for all u can eat buffets, there are alot of decent chinese ones around, like the Ginger Beef Peking House, and Treasure of China, both are down south.

Stratus_Power
03-21-2005, 08:15 PM
all you can eat Hot Pot at resturant in TnT is awesome

kiwi
03-21-2005, 10:30 PM
Go to the Chinese buffet in Deerfoot Mall! They have salmon sashimi, crab legs, frog legs, & prime rib!!! :drool: :clap: :thumbsup:

Madspinner
03-21-2005, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by kiwi
Go to the Chinese buffet in Deerfoot Mall! They have salmon sashimi, crab legs, frog legs, & prime rib!!! :drool: :clap: :thumbsup:
yeah i would suggest them too, and good price too

Zero102
03-21-2005, 11:17 PM
That's not the old Foody Goody, is it??

t-im
03-21-2005, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Zero102
That's not the old Foody Goody, is it??

it is...

:barf:

kiwi
03-21-2005, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by t-im

it is...

It's a lot better now compared to when it was Foody Goody.

Speed_69
03-22-2005, 12:53 AM
that place in deerfoot mall is so good!!!

irwineering420
03-22-2005, 04:44 AM
All you can eat?

I just had some this afternoon at Namaskar on 16th by Peter's at lunchtime. They got lunchtime buffet everyday from 11 till 2p and its soooo good! I ate like a pig for about $13, and I was full all day! hahaha...its pretty heavy food, but its sooo good! (I think i mentioned that already!)

Most Indian joints have lunchtime buffet, and Butter Chicken has become a staple of those buffets...so if you haven't had it yet, I suggest trying it once, and u'll be H00ked!!

hahah....i usually go to Glory of India on 4th ave and 5th street...thats really good food too, and their buffet is huge and always so busy!

I'm addicted to Indian food, and got a bunch of buddies from work addicted too....haha...its great!

k_dawg
03-22-2005, 09:18 AM
singapore sams, last i was there it was good i don't know haven't been there in ages though.

BokCh0y
03-22-2005, 10:04 AM

It's a lot better now compared to when it was Foody Goody.

more or less the same IMO :barf:

Zero102
03-22-2005, 11:03 AM
I dunno, I was in the kitchen at that place once doing some electrical work. What a filty sickening place. After seeing the kitchen, I didn't eat chineese food for 2 years.
I will never return to that resteraunt.
They had a serious mold problem, not to mention just plain old sanitary problems.
I reported them to OH&S along with the food inspection guys (can't remember the name of the department right now).
I was rather hoping they were shut down, and that resteraunt was destroyed.

A_3
03-22-2005, 11:19 AM
hi-ball on 16th ave (in the strip mall with Luciano's and Wendies in it), 11am all you can eat chinese, so so good but chalked full of msg.

kiwi
03-22-2005, 11:36 AM
I dunno, I was in the kitchen at that place once doing some electrical work. What a filty sickening place. After seeing the kitchen, I didn't eat chineese food for 2 years.
I will never return to that resteraunt.
They had a serious mold problem, not to mention just plain old sanitary problems.
I reported them to OH&S along with the food inspection guys (can't remember the name of the department right now).
I was rather hoping they were shut down, and that resteraunt was destroyed.

Well, chances are, most restaurant kitchens are probably like that... & not just chinese restauants too.

As long as you don't see anything digusting & you don't get food poisoning... cuz otherwise, might as well only eat at home & never eat out.

BokCh0y
03-22-2005, 11:44 AM

Well, chances are, most restaurant kitchens are probably like that... & not just chinese restauants too.

As long as you don't see anything digusting & you don't get food poisoning... cuz otherwise, might as well only eat at home & never eat out.

acutally i worked in a few resturants while attending assassin school and i must admit, the chinese ones were mostly :barf:

RSeXy
03-22-2005, 02:43 PM
I ate at the buffet in Deerfoot Mall a few months ago with the bf. Selection was great...food wasn't! We both felt pretty gross afterards. :barf:

AsianCaucasian
03-22-2005, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by cidley69
I like the Korean BBQ on 16th Ave NE (near SAIT). All you can eat sushi and meat to BBQ for 20 bucks. Great deal and good food!

I'm not so sure about Sushi BBQ Inn... their food is not too bad but their service is really terrible. My friends and I were pretty pissed off last time we went there so we didnt leave a tip.

Stratus_Power
03-22-2005, 06:28 PM
The All-you-can-eat Beef Hotpot you find At most Japanese Resturant is pretty damn good!!! ( ~$14 too, not bad) and not alot of ppl knows about it. everytime we order one there are always ppl in the othertable who give u the "WTF IS THAT " expression

Doesnt Tony Roma have All you can eat Ribs on Tues??

kiwi
03-22-2005, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Stratus_Power
The All-you-can-eat Beef Hotpot you find At most Japanese Resturant is pretty damn good!!! ( ~$14 too, not bad) and not alot of ppl knows about it. everytime we order one there are always ppl in the othertable who give u the "WTF IS THAT " expression

Doesnt Tony Roma have All you can eat Ribs on Tues??

Oh! yes yes yes, Sukiyaki House has that!

DarkDream
03-26-2005, 01:35 PM
hahah the buffet place at deerfoot its gross sometimes but good sometimes.... its random.... but anyways compared to foody goody and all the other buffets there previously this one would probably be the best.....

I think the reason why the buffet sucked was because its difficult for them to make alot of food when there is only like 6 tables of people eating right... so usually they leave alot of stuff just sitting there throughout most of the day...... Maybe if you tried going there during the morning the food should taste better..... Or you also might just get left overs from last night hahahha

JDM_RS13
03-26-2005, 03:04 PM
Try Treasures of China...

Zero102
03-26-2005, 05:06 PM

You're only saying this because you haven't seen what I have.
I expect a bit of filth, but they had a VERY serious mold problem. Big clumps of it on the walls, TONS of it through the ceiling, etc.

I saw one cook who was intermittantly scratching various body parts, then handling food, don't ask where, you don't want the answer.

It only goes downhill from there.

Now, I do not plan to never eat out, perhaps some clean freaks will do that, I'm just saying, this kitchen was truly exceptional.

Sorath
03-26-2005, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by cidley69

word bro

kiwi
03-26-2005, 05:51 PM
You're only saying this because you haven't seen what I have.
I expect a bit of filth, but they had a VERY serious mold problem. Big clumps of it on the walls, TONS of it through the ceiling, etc.

I saw one cook who was intermittantly scratching various body parts, then handling food, don't ask where, you don't want the answer.

It only goes downhill from there.

Now, I do not plan to never eat out, perhaps some clean freaks will do that, I'm just saying, this kitchen was truly exceptional.

Was this just recently?

tictactoe2004
03-26-2005, 09:25 PM
omg, go to smugglers on macleod trail for brunch...

its around $14.00.... its all you can eat... it sunday from 10:30-2:00 i think.... and it includes everything dessert, drinks, crazy food... best brunch i've ever been too in calgary....

Zero102
03-26-2005, 09:57 PM
kiwi, this would have been the summer of 2002. I haven't returned since. A problem like they had would have required no less than tearing the whole kitchen out.

hampstor
03-28-2005, 09:01 AM
I don't suppose anyone remembers "the fabled table buffet" up on 32nd ave (in horizon square) about.. 15 years ago? :D kind of like buffers...

Any of those kinds of buffets still around?

Neil4Speed
03-28-2005, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by hampstor
I don't suppose anyone remembers "the fabled table buffet" up on 32nd ave (in horizon square) about.. 15 years ago? :D kind of like buffers...

I don't quite remember what your talking about exactly (I was only 2 at the time :D )

Is it kind of like buffet Royal and Buffet world in Edmonton? (funny how calgary doesn't have anything like that)

gggunit
03-28-2005, 11:13 AM
I was driving my the royal inn hotel in the N.E they have a sign lunch buffett $9.99. check it out and let me know if its any good:poosie:

kiwi
03-28-2005, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by hampstor

Wow, fabled table... that was soooo long ago!!! I went to the one in Scenic Acres back in the day! hee hee

hampstor
03-28-2005, 11:17 PM
I miss the 99 cent sunday lunches there! it was too cheap for such good food. No wonder they went out of business :cry:

BokCh0y
03-28-2005, 11:21 PM
fukin fabled table on 32nd ave rocked. too bad those kinda joints are gone now. wish foody goody would go away. :D

max_boost
03-28-2005, 11:25 PM

Wow, fabled table... that was soooo long ago!!! I went to the one in Scenic Acres back in the day! hee hee That was one of my favorite restaurants, I still talk about it to this day, my gf thinks I'm crazy when I bring up the Fable Table. The food was fresh, prices were rock bottom, good for the customers, not so good for the owners. When I think back, knowing what I know now (being in the biz), I have no idea how they made any money, which would explain why they are no longer around.

Sushi Ginza (Chinook Center) $17.99/weekend all you can eat sushi/teriyaki/tempura etc. It's a good deal considering the sushi bill with my gf always comes out to over $50. Just make sure you get things right the first time you order, usually by the second round, you have to wait quite awhile before you get your food.

rinny
03-29-2005, 12:39 AM

it is...

Yea, the same foody goody that im pretty sure were on the news for serving mice a few years ago? Im pretty sure it was that location, looks to me tho that they just changed the signs and opened back up, I really wouldnt doubt if its the same people managing/owning it.

I try to stay away from the mall chinese food/cheap chinese buffets from now on because of the stories i've heard from people...completely disgust me

Speed_69
03-29-2005, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by max_boost

Sushi Ginza (Chinook Center) $17.99/weekend all you can eat sushi/teriyaki/tempura etc. It's a good deal considering the sushi bill with my gf always comes out to over $50. Just make sure you get things right the first time you order, usually by the second round, you have to wait quite awhile before you get your food.

i've been there 3 times..and all 3 times i've gotten food poisoning .:barf: hence i have never gone back.

cman
03-29-2005, 12:53 AM
ginger beef house in brentwood has a buffet lunch everyday for a reasonable price.
there always pizza hut too?

t-im
03-29-2005, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by Speed_69

i've been there 3 times..and all 3 times i've gotten food poisoning .:barf: hence i have never gone back.

Wouldn't you have learned not to go there after the first time? or at LATEST the second????

Speed_69
03-29-2005, 12:58 AM

Wouldn't you have learned not to go there after the first time? or at LATEST the second????
i wasn't aware i got food poisoning from there the first time. i thought it was something else. then the second time i knew it was from there and the third time so i'm just guessing the first time was too.

69cougar
04-20-2005, 10:36 AM
Surprised no one has mention Mother Tuckers on 10th. All you can eat lunch for $13.00. Includeds prime rib, turkey, salad bar, breads, wings, potatoes, desserts everything. Really good lucnhc joint.

:thumbsup:

Nalgene
04-22-2005, 03:22 AM
Smugglers on Macleod is awesome for brunch buffet (all you can eat)
Best brunch in ton hands down for a decent price.

hexified
04-22-2005, 03:28 AM
China Rose.....