PDA

View Full Version : Disc read error- ps2 Help!!!

d-UNiT
03-21-2005, 05:33 PM
umm.. get a dvd lens cleaner.. if that doesnt work.. open up your ps2.. and put some rubbing alcohol on a cotton swab.. and rub it on the lens.. thats how i fixed mine.. but dont blame me if you fuck shit up you gotta be careful

heavyD
03-22-2005, 09:00 AM
Aren't PS2's biodegradable? If you just stare at a PS2 long enough you will get the error.

dragonone
03-22-2005, 04:39 PM
thnx for the heads up
eboi sent me a link as well b4
it worked on mine as well, kinda hard to fuck things up imo unless you're yanking or watever

d-UNiT
03-24-2005, 12:13 AM
its easy to fuck things up dude.. its just like opening a computer but a lot more delicate, because ps2s are made so that you arent suppose to open it, theres like traps in it that if you just rip off the lid youll wreck the ribbon thats connected to something (not sure what it is).. but its good that it works for you.,.. i had to do it because i didnt play my ps2 for over a year

Hash_man
03-24-2005, 12:26 AM
Well, i don't know why i didnt think of this before, but i put my ps2 in the upright position,a nd guess what... it works lol... I think the laser might be on the way out though... we'll see.

dragonone
03-24-2005, 04:14 AM
well that's what i meant by yanking
i read my share of threads and ebooks b4 i attempted >.<

but if it doesn't work even if u clean the lens, then you might have to try turning on the multiplier
i know it'll shorten the laser's life time, but i think a 6 month ps2 is better than one that doesn't read at all