PDA

View Full Version : CRX owners with broken heater controls... How do YOU get by?

ricosuave
03-21-2005, 05:44 PM
As the title says!

For those of us with the broker heater control knobs, or the cracked and breaking housing... What have you come up with to get you by?

Have you replaced it with a JDM one? Left it as is stuck in the cold position?

I'd like to hear your thoughts... me, I'm planning to leave it as is, and install a 1/2" valve on my heater core line for heat control...

Rico

core_upt
03-21-2005, 05:52 PM
i broke two housing on my CRX and just replaced them with ones from wreckers or people parting out their cars. 88-91 Civoc ones fit too. if oyur actual lines are broken i thinik you need to re solder them - my heater is stuck on defrost - the lever moves, it just doesn't change the settings

Weapon_R
03-21-2005, 05:54 PM
I'd imagine that most people get around that issue by repairing it.

Go to pick n' pull and get a new setup, they are dirt cheap and you don't hvae to ghetto rig it.

G
03-21-2005, 05:55 PM
If you reach under the center console you will find the mechanism that the heater control moves. Once you find it you can either slide it front or back for tempuratur settings.

ls/vtec-crx
03-21-2005, 05:56 PM
there is a piece under the dash which is connected to a cable running to you heater control......it is very easy to get to by hand and adjust by hand........if you look under the passenger side of the dash closest to the center console.....you will see a cable running to a black sort of box with a small silver spring and the cable attached to it..........if you turn by hand you should be able to change heat from hot to cold.........even when in the driver seat you can reach over and feel it by hand once you know where it is and adjust it...........i never bothered to fix mine cause it was easy to adjust if needed so......i hope this is some useful info for you

xDiMSuMx
03-21-2005, 05:57 PM
mine's cracked but all controls still work

what causes them to crack and break?

ricosuave
03-21-2005, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
I'd imagine that most people get around that issue by repairing it.

Go to pick n' pull and get a new setup, they are dirt cheap and you don't hvae to ghetto rig it.

i wouldnt say they are dirt cheap, nor would i say they are plentyful. everyone ive seen on beyond has gone for ~$50, and they havent been in better shape than mine...

keep em coming!

GTS Jeff
03-21-2005, 06:25 PM
If the cable itself is fucked, just adjust the valve directly on the heater core.