PDA

View Full Version : Accident Need INFO Fast Please

LiquiDFirE
03-21-2005, 07:10 PM
Last Tuesday i was involved in an accident. I was the driver of my girlfriends vehiclewith her permission, which is a '93 Acura Integra and was hit by a lady that ran a red light. There were two witnesses that saw the accident. It was her fault but she does not have insurance. My girlfriend has full coverage including uninsured motorists. I know my girlfriend will get a settlement but will i recieve a settlement at all for my injuries? Thanks.

Hash_man
03-21-2005, 07:51 PM
I know that with my insurance, it only covers me driving the car... if someone else is driving the car and is in an accident or something they and I am kinda screwed... :dunno:

X_plorer
03-21-2005, 07:56 PM
Depends, some companies if the person driving your car is over 25 they will cover anyone as long as they have a license. I would think if she has all that coverage, they should cover any costs from the accident caused by an uninsure motorist as far as medical bills. But I don't think her company is going to pay you a settlement just for being hurt, you would probably have to sue the other lady personally.

Xtrema
03-21-2005, 08:23 PM
Well, review her policy before talking to them. People just hate reading the fine print these days.

Zero102
03-21-2005, 08:40 PM
You have the option to sue the other driver personally, which as a matter of choice, I would. I'm all for busting uninsured drivers.

Keep in mind, when you get hit by an insured driver, technically, you have to launch a law suit against that person, and it's up to their insurance company to defend them, and take the financial responsibility. The only difference for an uninsured driver, is nobody steps in.