PDA

View Full Version : Past time to appeal for a grade?

BloodBaneZXY
03-21-2005, 07:56 PM
I recently found some of my old quizzes from a class I took in fall, and noticed that my mark should infact be higher than what I received, I already E-mailed my prof and informed him. But I was just wondering, is it ever too late to appeal a grade?

in*10*se
03-21-2005, 08:16 PM
no... grades can be changed for as long as there is reason...

(unless the prof explicitly says that grades for a specific test (ie. quiz/final cannot be changed past a certain time)

other than that

FINAL grades can always be changed by the prof.... (the official appeal process is different there's a actually an expiry date)

ShOwOfF
03-21-2005, 08:21 PM
The official deadline for a reprassial of grade work for the Fall semester was March 1st.

Marsh
03-21-2005, 09:52 PM
there is no deadline...u can always change ur grade like in*10*se said, and if your prof won't do it go to the dean of ur faculty...did it quite a few times no problem, even way after the semester was over

camby
03-21-2005, 09:54 PM
If there's one thing you should know about university it is that lobbying is the key to success... seriously go talk to the prof and if that doesn't help, the dean.

Ramdawg
03-27-2005, 07:05 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

biggie_82
03-29-2005, 11:43 AM
There shouldn't be a problem but I'm pretty sure the prof might have stated a time limit of which you could have gone to appeal your grades on the quiz but if the quiz/exam/assignment/final marks don't add up I'm pretty you could get that changed after the fact.