PDA

View Full Version : never try repair volks

calgary350z
03-21-2005, 10:20 PM
just thought i would let other volk wheel owners with a polished lip know never to try get them repolished. It is not worth it, buy another wheel or if it is a small enough dont bother. Alberta wheel repair tried twice and had my wheel over three months in total and wrecked my wheel. I would suggest never using them as well as they are the most unprofesional buisness I have ever dealt with. They wrecked my wheel and wont do anything for me. Nice way to deal with customers. Oh well there is always small claims court.

buh_buh
03-21-2005, 10:21 PM
I don't think the issue is really repairing the Volks, I think its more that Alberta Wheel repair is probably the worst shop ever!! Sorry to hear about that though.

calgary350z
03-21-2005, 10:26 PM
do you think I could get it repaired somewhere else

ninjak84
03-21-2005, 10:47 PM
Alberta Wheel Repair is such a bad shop.
Too bad they ruined your Volks.....

I would definitely take them to small claims if they ever fucked my wheels up. They get away with way too much at that place.All they need is some competition, and they'd be out of business.

Someone start up a wheel repair shop in Calgary!
Lots of money to be made...

*EDIT*
Depends on what happened to the wheel if it can be repaired. Put up some pics or describe the damage?

X_plorer
03-21-2005, 11:00 PM
Can someone suggest a good wheel repair shop? They are the only ones I have heard people talk about (Alberta wheel repair) and I have some Konigs with a polished rim that I bit the curb with, nothing huge but I did want to get it fixed.

86max
03-21-2005, 11:01 PM
Oh fuck.....I have a my 5zigens in there right now:eek:

jdmakkord
03-21-2005, 11:02 PM
Fuck Chris, get your money out of the bastards!!!! Send them a copy of the receipt, and if they dont respond, take em to claims.

calgary350z
03-22-2005, 11:01 PM
well i found out today from getting Mark from Tunerworks to look into it for me, that a Volk with a diamond cut finish cannot be repaired by pretty much anybody in North America. The reason is you have to a lathe that can shave a mm off the lip and that rules out the jackass's at Alberta wheel. To bad they could not be bothered to check with the manufacture ahead of time and told me this info after I told them how expensive it was. And for the guy with 5Zigens I would get them out of there, I saw them and because they are Gunmetal with a small lip I can honestly say they wont come out good. You should send them to the US it wont be that much and they will come out good. Mark knows of a place in California that is supposed to be amazing, it is called True Wheel.

JAYMEZ
03-23-2005, 12:52 AM
^^^ So there is no place at all in calgary? I need to send the STi BBS' in...

calgary350z
03-23-2005, 07:42 PM
none that I would trust, your wheels are worth sending somewhere that has more expertise:dunno:

kevie88
03-23-2005, 08:14 PM
Alberta wheel is awesome, Santo fixed a wheel for me that I nev er thought would be repairable. he charged me very little for the repair also.

Why you would try to fix a rim like that is beyond me, I would have just bought a new rim in your case.. I bent one of my FN01RC's and I'll be buying a new rim. Most lightweight aftermarket rims should NEVER be fixed.

Originally posted by calgary350z
Alberta wheel repair tried twice and had my wheel over three months in total and wrecked my wheel. They wrecked my wheel and wont do anything for me. Nice way to deal with customers.

Your wheel was wrecked when you brought it to them, but they wrecked it? :confused: After the first try, why the hell did you try again??

TurboMedic
03-23-2005, 08:43 PM
Hmmm, I have one of my Privat's there right now....just a refinish cause a friend of mine laid it face down on the pavement, but stillllllllllllll..........

calgary350z
03-23-2005, 09:39 PM
well smart guy when I brought it to him at a had small one inch surface scratch that he told me would cost $60 and the next day he called me and said it would now be $150 and nearly a year later after him feeding me bullshit the whole fucking lip looks like someone took sandpaper and gave it to a kindergarten to have fun with. Had I known in the first place you cant polish a wheel like that do you think I would of tried to have it polished. Iam glad you like the guy so much. Maybe you should know the whole story before you try rip into me.

jdmakkord
03-23-2005, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by kevie88
Alberta wheel is awesome, Santo fixed a wheel for me that I nev er thought would be repairable. he charged me very little for the repair also.

Why you would try to fix a rim like that is beyond me, I would have just bought a new rim in your case.. I bent one of my FN01RC's and I'll be buying a new rim. Most lightweight aftermarket rims should NEVER be fixed.

Your wheel was wrecked when you brought it to them, but they wrecked it? :confused: After the first try, why the hell did you try again??

19x10 volks dont come cheap man!!!! It went in for cosmetic repairs, and got fucked up way worse.

illeagle
03-23-2005, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi
^^^ So there is no place at all in calgary? I need to send the STi BBS' in...

DON'T SEND THEM !!!!! i sent in gold STi wheels in for repair, (one for fix, one for refrence) they tried 3 times, and coulden't get the color right, after the 3rd time they got it a bit closer, but it's got less metallic in the repaired wheel compared to the other 3...and yes, it's a bit noticable. BUt the downfall is they are the only wheel repair joint in town...Ship the wheels off to a different province, you'll save money and time....Unless you want a steelie repaired :rolleyes:

JAYMEZ
03-24-2005, 01:46 AM
^^ Alright where should I send them?? ^^

Maxt
03-24-2005, 07:00 AM
I heard a rumor of a new shop in Edmonton, cant recall the name though, sorry...
After my wheel ordeal, the only thing I will give to Alberta wheel repair is my middle finger....

MPowered
03-24-2005, 09:37 AM
Call Andrzej(Andre) from Alloy Wheel Repair at 861-3582.

He does an amazing job!!! Tell him Mike sent you.

He finished 2 rims on my M3 and they are 99% original!!!

I have some Volks also and will be contacting Andre soon for some minor repairs.

PM for details.

95acc
03-24-2005, 10:22 AM
I have had nothing but good luck with AWR.
sometimes they are a bit slow but that is to be expected, i have never had a problem there and i have been sending customers wheels there for years.

heavyD
03-24-2005, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by 95acc
I have had nothing but good luck with AWR.
sometimes they are a bit slow but that is to be expected, i have never had a problem there and i have been sending customers wheels there for years.

Me too. They have repaired four wheels for me and an OEM 18" G35 wheel of my friends and honsestly you couldn't tell the repaired one from the others.

You guys have to realize that they repair bent damaged wheels. If they were garenteed to be exactly as new after repair they might as well charge new wheel prices.

calgary350z
03-24-2005, 12:17 PM
trust me on this one you wouldnt put it on your car after what they did to it. I'm not an unreasonable person as I had one wheel repaired before and I think they did a pretty good job. It matched decently, but my issue is if he would at least looked into this by I dont know maybe calling the manufacture he would have been told you cant polish that wheel. Instead he wasted alot of my time and his time and now they have all but ruined it. I did not say I expect it to be like new but I would have rather had a small scuff on it that nobody but myself would have noticed instead of having to pay him for a repair + the cost of a new wheel and a 2-3 month wait for one to come from Japan as they are special order. I also dont think $160 is cheap to fix one wheel as well and when a buisness that specialzes in restoration tells you it will be "no problem, 2 days at max" they should follow thru. $160 repair+$800 for a new wheel=one angry person.

ZorroAMG
03-24-2005, 02:40 PM
While I feel your pain about having the wheel fucked up, ultimately it is your wheel and your responsibility. You can't expect a company that is obviously very busy (judging by how they take so fuckin long to do the work) to research and call all sorts of manufacturers for every customer with a different wheel, do you? That's your job. I guess you'll do your homework a bit more before sending wheels to be fixed, huh?

kenny
03-24-2005, 02:51 PM
I totally disagree! Thats why we bring things to professionals to be done. You're saying a shop, because they are too busy, shouldn't have to worry about doing something properly? That sounds pretty absurd.

Its like saying when I goto the doctor, I should know what type of medicine he should give me because its my health and my responsibility. If he injects me with something that causes my heart to stop functioning and I die, its my fault because he was too busy.

AllGoNoShow
03-24-2005, 04:20 PM
I'm with Zorro to an extent. You take your wheels into a shop to get them repaired and fixed and sent back out to you. You pay them for them to fix the wheel and do their best to repair it since thats all they can do, there is no set in stone this will work for every wheel they work on type thing. If you send your wheel in for repair, expect repair, don't expect research and time wasting matters. If you sent it in and they called out and they couldn't fix it because of something like what happened above, they would still charge you for the time that they put in, calling around and trying to figure out if it is repairable and how to go about it, you would then be bitching about how they charged you for research and they didn't even touch the wheel.

I know we send any wheel repairs we get out to them (I believe it is them, sounds like it, if not I will get you the name) and every wheel I have seen come back, looks better then the good ones on the car.

Basically if your going to have your 2g set of wheels "repaired" then maybe you should spend some of your OWN time on research so that you don't run into the chance of someone fucking up your rim while it is out for repair, I know I would.

Bucktown
03-24-2005, 05:14 PM
there is a great shop in edmonton called wheelworks. they did my rims for me, and they turned out great. there the best ive seen, my rims came out looing better than they did when they were new (18in niche shocking shocks. got them powdercoated gunmetal, and had the lips polished. the great part was they polished the whole flat surface of the rim, from lip to lip. they look crazy.) only problem is there crazy busy. ask for darren, you wont be dissapointed.

calgary350z
03-25-2005, 12:37 AM
well this is my last post on a subject that is beaten to death, if you run a buisness and someone brings something in you should know what to do with it before you touch it. I can tell you alittle story about what my company had to do because we actually take responsibilty for stuff we take in for repair. We took in a customers computer repair and a tech somehow ended up not asking the proper info when we signed it in and we erased vital info. I work in the service feild and that would be the day we took something in for repair and fucked it up because we were negligent. We do free estimates and let the customer know the low down before we touch it. End of story and for all the people who disagree I hope someone screws you over but good. I guarentee your tune would change.

calgary350z
03-25-2005, 12:41 AM
sorry I missed a part to the story in my last post. We ended up paying another company $2500 to restore the lost information we screwed up and that is how you take care of a customer. Not by avoiding them and taking no responsibilty to what you did

fatchicksdigme
03-25-2005, 12:43 AM
They have two shops in Saskatoon

- Saskatoon Wheel Works - Ph 306-652-7374 ask for Dave.

- Kelvin's Wheel Repair - Ph 306-955-5552

Sometimes Kelvin's is over priced because they have been around longer but Sask Wheel Works is my choice known Dave for about 8 years and he does awesome work.

calgary350z
03-25-2005, 08:14 AM
Thanks

CRXguy
03-25-2005, 11:01 AM
Here's the info for Wheelworks in Edmonton. I've heard good things from them from the Subaru Forums.

WHEEL WORKS
5405 76 Avenue Northwest, Edmonton, AB
T6B 0A7
(780) 463-4763

pjwheels
04-21-2005, 07:54 PM
I can try to fix your volkl wheel. I did some already.Please call me 861-3582. Andre

accord823
04-21-2005, 08:12 PM
Andre
Can you PM me your location
I need to fix my 18" as well
Thanks

jdmakkord
04-21-2005, 09:01 PM
This car has been sold, along with the wheels.

alpha
04-22-2005, 06:59 PM
I have a rota subzero that was on my car when I went sideways into a flat curb at about 15 kph, (no traction on snow). here are some pics, is it worth getting these fixed from alberta wheel repair, I was going to buy a new one but they are on backorder and will be for months I was told.

tonygeewhiz
04-16-2009, 04:53 PM
I have had a couple of diff. wheels done by Santos and his work has always been primo. The only thing I make sure to do is get the price up front and if I don't like it, I negotiate.

top_speed
04-16-2009, 04:56 PM
nice.....but did you check how old the thread is??

ls/vtec-crx
04-17-2009, 09:42 AM
Andre @ PJ&J Ventures

He fixed my Volk RE30 (bronze) in 2 days i couldn't tell where the damage was, and he matched the color perfect.

pinoyhero
04-19-2009, 07:24 PM
Damn, such mixed reviews with these guys, someone needs to set up a reputable shop!