PDA

View Full Version : Anyone work for Nissan?

ecstasy_civic
03-22-2005, 11:08 AM
I need a part for my car, but I cant afford to pay the ridiculous amount there asking for.

If you can help me out, please PM me, the sooner the better.

vietdood
03-22-2005, 11:12 AM
yea me too. looking for the front spoiler assembly but i don't wanna pay $400

ninjak84
03-22-2005, 11:33 AM
Haha, yes, me too.

I'm looking for a 350z, but I don't want to pay for it.

BokCh0y
03-22-2005, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by ninjak84
Haha, yes, me too.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

BerserkerCatSplat
03-22-2005, 01:08 PM
Haha, yes, me too.

:rofl: Aren't we all? :D

Mikey_008
03-22-2005, 01:17 PM
Haha, yes, me too.

Hahahahaha :thumbsup:

Welcome to the exciting world of tuning cars where everything costs alot!

Why don't you try aftermarket parts ??

2002civic
03-22-2005, 01:33 PM
the part he needs cant be aftermarket, hes asking a simple question and doesnt need stupid replys

ecstasy_civic
03-22-2005, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by 2002civic
the part he needs cant be aftermarket, hes asking a simple question and doesnt need stupid replys

thanks chris, ya they dont make that part aftermarket part, I need the OEM.

lastprodigy
03-22-2005, 04:31 PM
if you cant afford the maintenance you shouldnt be driving the car!:eek:

B20EF
03-22-2005, 04:31 PM
initialD does,ask him

ecstasy_civic
03-22-2005, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by lastprodigy
if you cant afford the maintenance you shouldnt be driving the car!:eek:

thanks for the comment, I can afford the maint. but im trying to sell, so I dont want to put more into it then I have too.

Weapon_R
03-22-2005, 04:50 PM
Any reason why this part is such a secret? Maybe someone has a used/unused part sitting in their garage

ecstasy_civic
03-22-2005, 04:51 PM
Nope, no secret.

Its the MAF sensor.

But I highly doubt to many people will have one sitting around for a QR25.

SilverBoost
03-23-2005, 02:06 AM
yikes.... yeah they want an arm and two legs for that stupid part. And I know that there aren't a whole lot laying around yet because it's still a fairly new engine. I know there was a baseline SER 2.5 in a yard in Edmonton a few weeks back. Don't recall the name though sorry. But they were def parting it out.

GTS Jeff
03-23-2005, 02:25 AM
Finding a Nissan employee won't help. 10% staff discount on a $500 part is still $450.

I'm wondering how your MAF died though...these are meant to last the lifetime of a vehicle, they aren't exactly maintenance items.

gen2teggy
03-23-2005, 02:33 AM
my uncle works for nissan :thumbsup:

lastprodigy
03-23-2005, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by ecstasy_civic

thanks for the comment, I can afford the maint. but im trying to sell, so I dont want to put more into it then I have too.

clearly not if you are on here trying to get it for cheaper...and what does selling the car have to do with it? it would still need maintainance even if you were keeping it...you would still need the part:confused:

Phy
03-23-2005, 09:31 AM
^ Cripes, man. He's trying to spend as little as possible because he's selling it - as in, he won't be getting any more benefit out of any new parts he buys, and replacement parts aren't going to add to the price at which he can sell. It's the economics of the thing, not the maintenance issue.

2002civic
03-23-2005, 09:33 AM
since someone beat me to it this is for the lastprodigy post
^^^r u dumb or just ignorant, if you could get a part cheaper would you? It doesnt matter if your broke or have tons of money you try and get things the cheapest, especially when your getting rid of the car, any NORMAL person would do what hes doing, why pay a rediculous amount before you sell a car if you dont have to, and i'm guessing he mkaes more than you do and i bet you dont even have a ride so why dont you go clutter some other thread:whocares:

heavyD
03-23-2005, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
Finding a Nissan employee won't help. 10% staff discount on a $500 part is still $450.

I'm wondering how your MAF died though...these are meant to last the lifetime of a vehicle, they aren't exactly maintenance items.

I'm guessing that it costs more than $500. They are supposed to last a lifetime but 3 years is a lifetime when your vehicle is assembled in Mexico.

dj_rice
03-23-2005, 02:20 PM
I'll give my friend a ring...he works at Nissan...but he told me they have a policy about getting staff discounts on parts for whatever car u drive only and they check to see what u drive and not buyin parts for others..

d-UNiT
03-23-2005, 02:26 PM
i love how d hates on mexican made cars its great, (i agree with you're statement though)

heavyD
03-23-2005, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by d-UNiT
i love how d hates on mexican made cars its great, (i agree with you're statement though)

I hate Mexican made anything. A division of our company sells Champion industrial spark plugs. These plugs can cost as much as $100/each. We get tons returned that don't even fire out of the box and in some cases entire batches of plugs will all fail within hours of use. Federal Mogul/Champion builds all of their industrial plugs in Mexico.

Inzane
03-23-2005, 03:07 PM
My 2001 Sentra SE hasn't fallen apart yet... :dunno:
But the SR20DE was a solid proven drivetrain I guess.

My only complaint with the vehicle has been the seemingly easy paint & glass chipping, but that's probably not the Mexicans fault. Its probably more to do with today's paint & glass quality in the industry in general...

Anyway, regarding MAFs: They tend to be expensive regardless. Even buying used from a wrecker might not be a cheap proposition. I think you'd be quite surprised what USED pricing they have listed in their computers for that part.

ecstasy_civic
03-23-2005, 04:28 PM
lastprodigy, your a fuckin idiot lol

Anyways, I got the part from Manitoba for $150
should be here next mon.

And why it went? im not sure, but it seems to have happened to other spec v owners.

I took my car in to get it looked at, when I got it back that afternoon, it wouldnt idle, then they said it was because of my CAI:bullshit:

anyways.

mods can close this now, thanks for the help from those of you who had constructive comments.

Aleks
03-23-2005, 04:56 PM
I have heard that Nissan MAFs are terrible. I know lots of Maxima owners in the States have issues with them. At least they are simple to install. :)

ecstasy_civic
03-23-2005, 05:07 PM
Im really stuck on what I wanna buy, we were in the process of buying a new house a few weeks ago, so I was going to sell it whenever, but now we found a place so I need to sell ASAP!!!!!!!

So, as soon as I get the part the price will drop again.

hampstor
03-23-2005, 06:40 PM
Im really stuck on what I wanna buy, we were in the process of buying a new house a few weeks ago, so I was going to sell it whenever, but now we found a place so I need to sell ASAP!!!!!!!

So, as soon as I get the part the price will drop again.

my dad owns an autobody shop, so i'll ask him to get me a price on that MAF for you since he has contacts in all the departments at all dealerships in Calgary. I'll ask him tomorrow (thursday).

Mike09
03-23-2005, 09:58 PM
Rumor has it Mike09 does. Maybe you should PM him with all your nissan need's.!! ha.:thumbsup:

Mike09
03-23-2005, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Aleks
I have heard that Nissan MAFs are terrible. I know lots of Maxima owners in the States have issues with them. At least they are simple to install. :)
And the MAF's are great they just don't like to last long with jobber air filter's. Stay OEM and they last forever.

rc2002
03-23-2005, 10:03 PM
Those stupid MAFs go even with the OEM filters. A lady I work with had hers go, and the one on my parent's Maxima went right after.

It's a $600 job for something that should be covered under warranty. Nissan definitely needs to do some re-engineering....

Mike09
03-23-2005, 10:07 PM
true some go early. But 90% of the 1's I see go because the customer has a aftermarket air filter or intake.

rc2002
03-23-2005, 10:16 PM
You're right - I can see how aftermarket intakes can be a bit much for air flow sensors.

But the parts should be designed more robust than that - Nissan is the only company that I've heard of that has so many troubles with MAF sensors.

Xtrema
03-23-2005, 11:15 PM
I had MAF failed once with my aftermarket intake. Calgary Honda glady replaced it under warranty, free of charge.

Then after a few year, it fails again but I clean it out and so far so good.

Inzane
03-23-2005, 11:16 PM
I wonder how many of these Nissan MAFs have been thrown in the trash needlessly... :dunno: One thing that is common with a lot of aftermarket intakes is they use an OILED filter (like K&N). Oil can sometimes build up on the MAF's "hot wire", which would cause the sensor to malfunction.

How many shops diagnosing bad MAF sensors have had the foresight to try to CLEAN the MAF before tossing it??

heavyD
03-24-2005, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
You're right - I can see how aftermarket intakes can be a bit much for air flow sensors.

But the parts should be designed more robust than that - Nissan is the only company that I've heard of that has so many troubles with MAF sensors.

WTF? Are you serious? People have been putting K&N filters and intakes for years on cars with MAF sensors for years and you never hear about a plague of failures. Face it Nissan used poor quality units on some of their models.

ecstasy_civic
03-24-2005, 11:07 AM
I tried cleaning mine with no change, thats why I had to track down the part.

Nissan wanted $593 for the part, and $812 for the part installed lol
I almost felt like asking if that included a BJ lol

But, the new part should be here on Mon. for $443 less then quoted orginally :D :burnout:

rc2002
03-24-2005, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by heavyD
WTF? Are you serious?

Haha. OK, let's correct it:

You're right - I can see how aftermarket intakes can be a bit much for NISSAN air flow sensors.

rc2002
03-24-2005, 02:44 PM
Haha. OK, let's correct it:

You're right - I can see how aftermarket intakes can be a bit much for NISSAN air flow sensors.

Mike09
03-25-2005, 11:43 AM
I tried cleaning mine with no change, thats why I had to track down the part.

Nissan wanted $593 for the part, and $812 for the part installed lol
I almost felt like asking if that included a BJ lol

But, the new part should be here on Mon. for $443 less then quoted orginally :D :burnout:
I highly doubt that the labour charge was 300 dollar's seeing we only charge i think 0.5hrs.
Also if you have K&N filter they will warranty the MAF then.

ecstasy_civic
03-25-2005, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Mike09

I highly doubt that the labour charge was 300 dollar's seeing we only charge i think 0.5hrs.
Also if you have K&N filter they will warranty the MAF then.

Funny, im looking at the quote right now??:dunno:

And, no, if you have any type of modification to the air intake they will not warranty it, and say what you want, but Stadium Nissan will not even listen to me anymore about this topic.

It doesnt matter, then new part comes in on Monday.

PS: If the part was $600, and the installed price was $800, thats not a $300 charge.:devil:

Mike09
03-25-2005, 02:17 PM
Soory 200. Should be less than $50. And I dunno bout stadium I'm not at that dealer. I know my dealer will warranty a K&N filter if it blow's the maf. $200 labour is a 2-2.5 hrs. of labour.

Mike09
03-25-2005, 02:18 PM
check your pM

ecstasy_civic
03-25-2005, 10:13 PM
thanks

PM returned, hopefully something will come out of this.