PDA

View Full Version : Question for 2000-2002 V6 Accord driver

ntv1980
03-22-2005, 02:52 PM
I got this Accord 2001 still under warranty. A few months ago I noticed a little ticking (thumping) noise coming from LEFT-REAR wheel well when the car idle for more than 10 minutes (i.e., RPM is low enough). Took it to Honda dealer, they said the symptom is normal. They said that it's the EVAP VALVE doing its job. They also show me another Accord V6, and it has the same sympton (in which there is that thumping noise near the LEFT-REAR wheel after idling for 10 or more minutes).

I'm not so convinced by their reason, so I'd like to take a third opinion, so if you have a model from 2000-2002 V6, can you tell me if your car does it too?

Thanks.

BokCh0y
03-22-2005, 03:58 PM
my accord doesn't do that. it actually doesn't make any noise....quiet as hell.

sputnik
03-22-2005, 04:03 PM
Take it to another dealer and have them look at it.

ntv1980
03-22-2005, 05:46 PM
BokCh0y, thanks for responding. My accord is quiet too, it's just give this noise RIGHT AFTER 10 minutes of idling. Sounds kinda like the sound of air puffing through a hole from the exhaust pipe but louder, not audible from inside the car but quite audible when you listen to it at the wheel.

sputnik, yeap, I'll definitely take it to another Honda dealer. But I'd wait a week or two to see if anyone can help me to identify if it's normal with that behavior.

I've been to T&T Honda to diagnose this symptom, so looking forward to go to Calgary Honda to see if neccessary. Calgary Honda charge for $95 diagnosis (from the last time I called) so I kinda wait for a little bit of time before bringing it to them.

kiwi
03-22-2005, 05:49 PM
If anything, don't take your car to Crowfoot Honda! Their service is horrible!

I've heard good things about Honda West though... but is that too far for you?

eb0i
03-22-2005, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by kiwi

Really? For me I bought my car at Honda West and then I started getting my car serviced there. Probably the worst experiences ever. I decided to try a different Honda when my major service came up and chose crowfoot and was completely amazed at the service I got there.

BokCh0y
03-22-2005, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by kiwi

Fuk yeah. The people are crowfoot village - especially that fat broad Susan in service (think she eventually got canned :clap: ) are the worst.

Booked an appointment for a front brake job 2 weeks in advance, girl on the phone says will be 3 hour wait. 2 weeks later drop the car of for service, fat susan says 4 hour wait. I say no prob and go and play a round of 9 at the golf course. Come back 4.5 hours later....car hasn't even been started. Had to wait another 1.5 hours for them to work onthe car...don't see the point of making an appointment. Fat broad Susan gets mad at me for raising my voice about the dissattisifed service and boots me out. Call service manager on monday - 4 days to respond to my call. Dude tells me it gets busy and offers me a carwash. I tell him to stfu and that was the last time i've been there. T & T Honda and HondaWest are my choices.

BokCh0y
03-22-2005, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by ntv1980
BokCh0y, thanks for responding. My accord is quiet too, it's just give this noise RIGHT AFTER 10 minutes of idling. Sounds kinda like the sound of air puffing through a hole from the exhaust pipe but louder, not audible from inside the car but quite audible when you listen to it at the wheel.

sputnik, yeap, I'll definitely take it to another Honda dealer. But I'd wait a week or two to see if anyone can help me to identify if it's normal with that behavior.

I've been to T&T Honda to diagnose this symptom, so looking forward to go to Calgary Honda to see if neccessary. Calgary Honda charge for $95 diagnosis (from the last time I called) so I kinda wait for a little bit of time before bringing it to them.

no prb. Yeah I don't hear anything from my accord either outside or inside. Inside it's quiet as hell. Outside the car just purrs. besides the crappy honda service at crowfoot i don't really have anything else to say. I can't understand how it only starts to make that noise 10 min. after idling. Anyways good luck with your issue.

benyl
03-22-2005, 11:51 PM
I don't trust those honda guys. I took in my 2001 Accord V6 cause the transmission was slipping in second gear. It was obvious to anyone who was driving the car or sitting in the passenger seat. The guy told me it was normal. Everything I read about it on the net pointed to the fact that it was one of the transmission that was going to fail.

I said fuk it and sold the car.