PDA

View Full Version : Your worst job?

Pages : [1] 2

Shaolin
08-15-2004, 07:10 PM
I was going to have some Pho in the Avenida Mall the other day when I stopped at the Stop Sign (where the ford dealership is). I look over to the grass area and see this guy in a clown suit holding a sign waving at everybody that drives by. I got a quick glimpse of the sign, and I think he was working for some flower shop in the strip mall :dunno:

I usually just have a chuckle or just drive by without caring. But I actually felt sorry for the guy :dunno: I couldn't tell how old he was since he was in a clown suit and he was sporting a pair of oakley like shades. So I was thinkin, dam I don't think I could ever do that (then again I have a career now). So I was thinkin about my worst job..

I was 11, passing out flyers for my parents' friend's restaurant (Sizzling Rice on Elbow infront of EP Scarlet) making 5 bucks an hour.. I remember walking door to door in Canteberry dropping flyers into mailboxes.. was pretty bad, but back then, 30 bucks was like winning the lottery to me :D I'd have to say my next worst job was Stampede about 10 years ago when minimum wage was 4.50 an hour. I think my cheque came to just under 300 bucks in those 10 days..

I know some of you out there probably had some bad jobs before you settled into your career.. so lets hear it :D

dieselpower91
08-15-2004, 07:15 PM
Not my worst job.. but I always see this kid he walks all the way up 17ave sw from 14th up to the childrens hospital with the Little caesars $5 med. pep. pizza sign he always looks like wants to kill himself. I must say thats one bad job.

worst I had was my most recent working for West Direct Courier.
10hrs a day, no time for lunch and i make more money delivering pizza 30hrs a week than I did there working 50hrs+ per week. not to mention pizza delivery is fun and less stressful for sure!

and then too top it off after I quit they took 3 weeks to pay me!!!

finally got paid after threaten to go to small claims!:guns:

also forgot to add.. pizza delivery = Free food and pop alot of the time!:poosie:

88CRX
08-15-2004, 07:16 PM
wendy's

home depot

crappy tire

they all sucked, got treated like shit, and am glad i finally have a real job

Shaolin
08-15-2004, 07:21 PM
Yeah come to think of it, my CSR job at Budget was one of the worst too... Never have I encountered so many angry people (some barely even speak english) until I worked at Budget.. I don't remember how many death threats I got working there.. my skin got thick after that job..

Super_Geo
08-15-2004, 07:31 PM
Telemarketer for the Calgary Sun when I was in grade 11. Got fired a week later cause I got in a spat with the owner about how the whole "sale" is a complete lie (they say you get a 6 week "risk free, money back guarantee" trial if 'you don' t like the paper or there's anything you're not happy with.' It turns out it's almost impossible to get that refund unless the paperboy stopped delivering to your house) got fired in a week, and thank god.

I will never do telemarketing again... worst fucking job ever.

roopi
08-15-2004, 07:40 PM
Moxies Dishwasher (lasted 4 days)

illeagle
08-15-2004, 08:01 PM
Worst volenteer job- did pizza delivery for my buddy's pizza joint (vern's pizza) i always hung around, making my own mini-pizza's, and for return i'd have to do one delivery a night. well.... all i got to do was one delivery.. the lady snapped at me threatining to get me fired.. I said, i'll remember the number, and said the next pizza's on me ;)

Phone rings " your delivery boy, was doing 80km/h in reverse down my street, and was rude" BTW: this was at 11:00PM all my buddy said was he works for a hired delivery company, and the thing was over.. but i still made my mini-pizza's damn good...

My worst job was working for CO-OP, bagging grocery's when i was 16. I was getting $6.56/hr, and they made my ass WORK for that.. Once a lady complained i loaded the grocery's in the trunk too slow...another time, there was 2 feet of snow, and it was COLD, and this asshole who ONLY bought a 4 liter jug of milk made me lug it to his car.. then i almost got fired for falling asleep in the kiddie coral.. haha

I'd like to get that job back as part time, just so i can see if i can get fired in an hour...I think it would be a good stress relever. the only good thing was working with all the HOT cashier's....

NickGT
08-15-2004, 08:06 PM
Telemarketing at Telus. They glorify the job in training, but its actually really depressing and shitty. :thumbsdow

Shaolin
08-15-2004, 08:12 PM
haha Nick, i didn't know you worked at Telus.. I got an offer at Telus back in 98.. they were going to pay me something like 14.xx an hour to answer phones.. but my shift would start at 2am.. i ixnay'd that offer..

Illeagle, which Co-Op did you work at? I worked at Co-Op as well.. I was at the Mckenzie store. I'm glad i'm out of there though, I didn't enjoy the service clerk position at all.. I once dropped a pumpkin on my finger while unloading a customer's cart.. :thumbsdow

NickGT
08-15-2004, 08:19 PM
yah it sucked man. I also worked at superstore for almost 2 years, and that was pretty shitty. But nothing was as bad as telemarketing for telus imo. Ah well life goes on :D

hondarunner
08-15-2004, 08:22 PM
i too had a flier root when i was about 8. They paid me i think 8 cents a flyer (so 2 flyers/house =0.16)
it paid pretty well but i would have to be up at 4 in the mornen every sunday.
Also worken at McDonalds for 2 yrs was pretty brutal.

max_boost
08-15-2004, 09:29 PM
Worst job is my current job! LOL

I remember 9 years ago when I worked 7 days a week and got paid $300/month! Talk about being underpaid! But it's all good because now I am overpaid for what I do:D :rofl:

civic_stylez
08-15-2004, 09:59 PM
my worst goes to being a busser at earls...... the girls that worked there were so hot but the 175$ for 2 week paycheques licked some serious balls....and staying at work till 1:30 am for 6$ and hour with no tips didnt help either.....:thumbsdow

^SkylinE^
08-15-2004, 10:02 PM
Co-op =:barf: :whipped: :guns: :thumbsdow :banghead:

Worst job in the world, illeagle i feel your pain dude.

Chester
08-15-2004, 10:44 PM
CALAWAY PARK:thumbsdow :cry:

cman
08-15-2004, 10:51 PM
co-op gas bar isnt so bad, way more leniant than the store i hear. pretty slack too. $8 an hour to dick around and pump gas isnt all that bad...until winter comes

Kobe
08-16-2004, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by roopi
Moxies Dishwasher (lasted 4 days)

I wish i had your job.. :poosie:
Famous Players has got to be the worst job i have ever worked..POS mice all over the place, stall food, its gross

Melinda
08-16-2004, 09:05 AM
Mine would have to be working at the Aqua Massage place in chinook for 16 months. The job itself wasnt too bad, but the people were brutal. You have no idea how many times I'd hear in an 8 hour shift "Do you get wet in there?" or "Do you have to get naked?" (Yes ma'am, naked and wet right here in the mall for everyone to see" :rolleyes: ) And in the summer it was really bad, cause we had tourists who barely spoke any english trying to ask the same questions and they didnt understand our answers...it sucked. I actually caught a couple from france making really disgusting sexual comments about the machines in french. They obviously didn't think anyone here can understand them. My weren't they embarrased when I corected them in english and they realized that I had understood what they had said.

QuasarCav
08-16-2004, 09:11 AM
Locker room attendant at Southland leisure centre.

I had to make sure nobody was stealing and vandalizing lockers. So basically I sat in the locker room all day.

:thumbsdow :bullshit:

dieselweasle
08-16-2004, 12:27 PM
Worst job: many years ago...... worked for my brothers business partener...had to dress up like Garfield and get my picture taken with kids for "I love my mommy T-shirts" lasted 4 hrs. (1 day) only got paid a few beers. Only good thing was a hot girl sat on my lap as a joke and was stroking my tail. Other than that it sucked

second worst job: peeling potatoes by hand (machine was busted) for a fish and chips place minimun wage and and the constant stench of fish (still won't eat fish to this day)

Chim
08-16-2004, 09:21 PM
Sante fe grill dishwasher

and my current job (3 days left) crappy tire customer service.

Customer: "Do you hate your job?"
Me: "Sometimes"
Customer: "Cause you look like you do"

with my supervisor right behind me :banghead:

finboy
08-16-2004, 10:16 PM
dishwasher at the royal in.

BOOOOOOO

Ed the SOHC
08-16-2004, 10:58 PM
my worst job was this chick with crooked teeth.... ;)

and a job at a glass factory doing a grave yard shift.

BigDL
08-16-2004, 11:18 PM
Stampeede at the agrcultral building, shovling horse shit out of a stall.

AllGoNoShow
08-16-2004, 11:52 PM
You guys dont liek your telemarketing jobs? I thoguht they paid well and alot of people fuck around on them too :D, im tyhinking about taking it up just for kicks

Team_Mclaren
08-17-2004, 12:01 AM
flyer deliverey!!! i remember having to delivery those fuckin shit at -30.... fuckin dicks!!!

i liked all my jobs cept for thatm even MCD is fun casue all i do is sit there and eat....and now car wash all i do is look at sweet cars comming and going!!!

:)

AllGoNoShow
08-17-2004, 12:09 AM
yah delivering flyers was the worst for me, and calaway, Blaskin and Lane was good for the wek I was there for the RAP program, but they didnt poay me and it was hella far away form my house so i dropped it, Ill get back into somethign this winter into next summer

SwitchBlade
08-17-2004, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Chester
CALAWAY PARK:thumbsdow :cry:

Haha wat did u do there? I worked there a few years back and man was it slack.

Worst job would prolly have been crappy tire

T5_X
08-17-2004, 05:57 PM
Rent-a-cop at the stampede... Actually, come to think of it.. it was pretty good, I just sat in the air conditioned round up center and did crossword puzzles all day :rofl:

abyss
08-17-2004, 07:36 PM
Worst job= crappy tire. Only till Aug 31 then I'm gone. good thing is profit share in my pocket afterwards.:)

ZorroAMG
08-17-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Shaolin
Yeah come to think of it, my CSR job at Budget was one of the worst too... Never have I encountered so many angry people (some barely even speak english) until I worked at Budget.. I don't remember how many death threats I got working there.. my skin got thick after that job..

HAHA I was a CSR at the downtown Budget location...fukin ghey job, summer of 97 during university...3 days on 3 days off 12 hr shifts :barf:

Shaolin
08-17-2004, 09:50 PM
how long were you there for? I started at NE2, went to CNE and then ended up in Downtown before I left.. what's your name? Was Peter your boss then? or faggot Wade?

ZorroAMG
08-18-2004, 10:13 AM
Faggot Wade was my boss, LOL he was part of the reason why I left so quickly, he creeped me out. I was only there for about a month and a half....

QuasarCav
08-18-2004, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by abyss
Worst job= crappy tire. Only till Aug 31 then I'm gone. good thing is profit share in my pocket afterwards.:)

Oh yeah, that profit share is going to be HUGE!!

Just like my whopping 15.00 from home depot. "Honey, were eating caviar tonight".

hyperwhite
08-18-2004, 11:03 AM
working as dishwasher at a pizza & wing place when i was 14. the kitchen area was so tiny and cramped. i hated it there. it only lasted 3 days

ZorroAMG
08-18-2004, 11:10 AM
worse than budget actually was working at a small grocery store in montreal when I was 15. You had to always make sure all the labels were french facing forward and on my last day, when I was quitting, I faced everything in the store english, took me the whole 8 hrs!!

Fuckin separatists!!!

civic_stylez
08-18-2004, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

Oh yeah, that profit share is going to be HUGE!!

Just like my whopping 15.00 from home depot. "Honey, were eating caviar tonight".

:rofl: :rofl:

GTS Jeff
08-18-2004, 08:10 PM
probably dishwashing at my dads restaurant when i was 10...i started at $10/day

AllGoNoShow
08-18-2004, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
worse than budget actually was working at a small grocery store in montreal when I was 15. You had to always make sure all the labels were french facing forward and on my last day, when I was quitting, I faced everything in the store english, took me the whole 8 hrs!!

Fuckin separatists!!!

lol

Phats
08-18-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Chim
Sante fe grill dishwasher

and my current job (3 days left) crappy tire customer service.

Customer: "Do you hate your job?"
Me: "Sometimes"
Customer: "Cause you look like you do"

with my supervisor right behind me :banghead:

Oh man I feel sorry for you, all I heard from those people when I worked at Crappy Tire were complaints about the assholes they had to deal with all day, although my job there wasn't too bad, my worst was working landscaping for TLI, my foreman was an asshole who would yell at me a lot, even for stuff no one else got yelled at for, it fuckin sucked.

biggie_82
08-19-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by illeagle
Worst volenteer job- did pizza delivery for my buddy's pizza joint (vern's pizza) i always hung around, making my own mini-pizza's, and for return i'd have to do one delivery a night. well.... all i got to do was one delivery.. the lady snapped at me threatining to get me fired.. I said, i'll remember the number, and said the next pizza's on me ;)

Phone rings " your delivery boy, was doing 80km/h in reverse down my street, and was rude" BTW: this was at 11:00PM all my buddy said was he works for a hired delivery company, and the thing was over.. but i still made my mini-pizza's damn good...

My worst job was working for CO-OP, bagging grocery's when i was 16. I was getting $6.56/hr, and they made my ass WORK for that.. Once a lady complained i loaded the grocery's in the trunk too slow...another time, there was 2 feet of snow, and it was COLD, and this asshole who ONLY bought a 4 liter jug of milk made me lug it to his car.. then i almost got fired for falling asleep in the kiddie coral.. haha

I'd like to get that job back as part time, just so i can see if i can get fired in an hour...I think it would be a good stress relever. the only good thing was working with all the HOT cashier's....

I feel your pain man at CO-OP. The supervisors don't like it when you lean either on something just to rest your feet. I hate it when young couples or families with kids in their teens get you to carry out 4 bags of groceries. It just shocks me at the laziness of some ppl.

abyss
08-19-2004, 01:25 PM
profit share is not too bad, have 5000-6000 before tax....which equals about 15.00 after tax. :(

DEATH2000
08-20-2004, 10:30 AM
Rent-a-cop at the stampede...

hey T5_X, how did u get that job? i rather be a rent-a-cop at the stampede then one of the guys working the games.

method
08-20-2004, 11:24 AM
budget was pretty bad, but I'll say that C.O.P. was the worst job.

bobsleigh track crew... I swept and shovelled snow and ice shavings for 10 hours. absolutely ridiculous.

no_joke
08-20-2004, 11:47 AM
Picking trash at the Stampede without a broom. Just bending over and putting crap into a garbage bag. I thought it was just good money though because of the hours for $8/ hr too. :rolleyes:

ringmaster
08-20-2004, 12:00 PM
my worst job is the job im at now... being there makes me want to kill myself and several other employees. :barf: :whipped:

Ben
08-21-2004, 12:38 PM
Man, there sure are a lot of job haters, haha.

I've been fortunate and had jobs I enjoy for the most part.

badseed
08-21-2004, 12:47 PM
Car wash was my worst job, $7.50/hr to mitt carz all day, hands were itchy and my skin waz peeling off by the end of the day.

Shaolin
08-21-2004, 02:37 PM
currently there are less than 10 people I know in the company (Calgary Branch) that actually like their job.. me being one of them.. everyone's almost saying "i'm going to leave, this place sucks, blah blah blah".. our director of Tickets like his job.. get paid 175Gs a year to deal with some clients, 40k bonus if clients stay after year end.. goes out and picks up hookers, have 2 mistresses that I've met so far.. the guy's living the life hahaha. :thumbsdow

Ryan@DerdallDesigns
08-27-2004, 05:10 PM

A_3
08-27-2004, 08:27 PM
The Super store deli, haha. Actually wasn't a terrible job given they work you to shit and pay you next to nothing after union. But we definetly made up for that with all our "employee" benefits. The candy isle was right next to where we worked, so we would take food and pop and eat it in the cooler where no managers ever went. :thumbsup: For every 5 wack shows you got there you would have one cool person. Ah my young lust to get a car back then :rolleyes:

Scandalous
09-11-2004, 12:17 AM
Chuck E Cheese....Those people who have worked there, they know what I mean....:drama:

Cixz
09-12-2004, 11:30 PM
worst job was safeway night 11pm-730 pm licked my ballls i turned into a complete hermit sleeping till 6 then working out i had no life lol but that didnet last after i shit pumped one of my employes that drove me nuts:rofl: :rofl:

i got fired 5 min later after that happend and just about charged:confused:

but oh well my job now kicks ass

Totem sales man 15.60 an hour plus 2% commision so im loving life rate now :)

ehos
09-13-2004, 10:30 AM
Worst: Programming in Calgary. The job was ok, it was the hour long traffic block ups that sucked.

Gonthro
09-13-2004, 10:38 AM
my worst job was washing dishes at boston pizza every friday until 3AM

Texas
09-13-2004, 02:51 PM
1st Worst Job: Geologists Assistant <--Add in the paper...went in for the interview...sounded as though I would be doing sample density testing and jazz like that. First (and only) day...I went in and they trained me how to shovel coal and put it in a grinder. Now Im not racist, but the arab guy who had been doing it for years who said he had bad english...knew enough to call me his white nigger....Ive never seen some fat greasy goof hit the floor so hard after "accidentally" getting an elbow right to the teeth, and then a bag of coal somehow falling on him. I was there for about 3 hours, was paid cash and begged not to call the labor board.

2: Tire shop jobs when I was in school (kal tire mainly) who bullshitted about profit sharing, management fast tracking etc...

].

BuknBronco
09-13-2004, 06:21 PM
Alright, I think I own this one, Lakeside packers in Brooks. Bad enough it was in Brooks but then I had to chop cows in half and try to stomache that horrid smell. I lasted 1 week and it was 1week too long

Lilac Wine
09-16-2004, 10:29 PM
Working a a full serve gas station in the snobbiest town in BC (no comment.) I worked with stuck up snobs, I pumped gas for stuck up snobs who thought they were the best. I have never felt so low in my life.
In the winter, my pants froze from my knees down and my eyelashes froze together.
Oh, and it was the busiest esso in the okanagan and I didn't get a lunch break.
I hope that place blows up.

Nix87
09-23-2004, 11:08 PM
Working at Quizno's back in the day had to be my crappiest job, people walking in there expectin 5 star service, c'mon its quizno's

infamous
10-09-2004, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by BuknBronco
Alright, I think I own this one, Lakeside packers in Brooks. Bad enough it was in Brooks but then I had to chop cows in half and try to stomache that horrid smell. I lasted 1 week and it was 1week too long

hahahhaa you worked there too? what side? hahhaha i lasted a month before i walked out....they begged me to stay, and i wouldn't. god i hated that place!

another one of my worst jobs would have been either flyer delivering, or telemarketing for the calgary sun.

but i think my door to door sales beats them both out...

going and knocking on people's doors in forest lawn isn't a good idea! :banghead:

gorillam
10-11-2004, 03:03 PM
Try wirewheeling steel for minimum 10 hours a day,

My duties were wire wheel large beams of steel, angle iron, channel, tubes, and flatbar.

Wash the steel with lacquer thinner, to remove grease, and wash steel with degreaser.

all summer!! you guys with gasbar or telemarketing jobs got it fuckin easy!

:guns:

rage2
10-11-2004, 03:15 PM
My worst job was at a video store (Flicks I think it was called) during my University days. I was an OK employee, I was on time and shit, stayed late when people wont leave the store, and generally enjoyed working there cuz of the free movies and screeners. I was getting along with my co-workers (so I thought).

2 weeks into the job, I was accused of stealing a bunch of SNES racing games. Turns out one of my co-workers knew I was into racing cuz I went to work in a Porsche, and stole a bunch of games that the boss thinks I liked, making it look like I stole 'em. I had those SNES disk drives, and have like every SNES games, so I didn't need to steal 'em. That and I had a lot of cash at the time thanks to Student Loans.

Anyways, no logic would convince them that I was innocent, and I was fired on the spot without any pay. I still dunno who set me up!

Ven
10-11-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by rage2
My worst job was at a video store (Flicks I think it was called) during my University days. I was an OK employee, I was on time and shit, stayed late when people wont leave the store, and generally enjoyed working there cuz of the free movies and screeners. I was getting along with my co-workers (so I thought).

2 weeks into the job, I was accused of stealing a bunch of SNES racing games. Turns out one of my co-workers knew I was into racing cuz I went to work in a Porsche, and stole a bunch of games that the boss thinks I liked, making it look like I stole 'em. I had those SNES disk drives, and have like every SNES games, so I didn't need to steal 'em. That and I had a lot of cash at the time thanks to Student Loans.

Anyways, no logic would convince them that I was innocent, and I was fired on the spot without any pay. I still dunno who set me up!

That sucks balls, but look at ya now! Ain't no keepin' a chinaman down! :thumbsup:

Barking_Spidre
10-13-2004, 10:43 PM
I guess Tim Hortons was pretty shitty. But working out at Palliser Lumber in Crossfield was bad... The job was good and easy, but it did so much worse for my health. I lost 20 pounds when I worked there... So much saw dust... The mexicans are power hungry there :banghead:

MenteL
10-14-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Super_Geo
Telemarketer for the Calgary Sun when I was in grade 11. Got fired a week later cause I got in a spat with the owner about how the whole &quot;sale&quot; is a complete lie (they say you get a 6 week &quot;risk free, money back guarantee&quot; trial if 'you don' t like the paper or there's anything you're not happy with.' It turns out it's almost impossible to get that refund unless the paperboy stopped delivering to your house) got fired in a week, and thank god.

I will never do telemarketing again... worst fucking job ever. lol i did that same job, downtown ina crummy small shacked up cubicle, eh? haha

MenteL
10-14-2004, 01:36 PM
I have tons of shitty jobs!

1st Job I ever had - Chuck E Cheese. I was 15 in the chucky costume standing out on 32nd ave when a car full of east indian decented individuals piled out of the car, tripped me, and rolled me across the street. YOU try fighting back wearing one of those :P
2nd job that sucked - red robins dishwasher. Shitty co workers, shitty bosses that drank booze with the chicks every night without pay ing
3rd job that sucked - rollerblader at superstore, those old chinamen with their shopping cars liked to trip me and ram me every chance they got

canadian tire auto parts desk - jesus, what a bunch of slackers. i busted my ass for almost 2 months and finally quit after finding out from my manager that everyone was tired of me showing them up because i worked while they stood around, and that the honcho of the operation was going to let me go (dont work at sarcee trail CanTire)

telemarketing for the sun, in downtown, just off of 1st street and 6th avenue. god oh mighty was that a HOLE. met some cool people though.

and well.....i could go on but those are the biggest holes ive worked at.

i find it hard for me to stay at one job, i get too extremely bored and dissatisfied with my job to quickly. i love to move around from place to place, which explains me having over 25 different jobs ranging from seismic (jug hound) to pizza delivery straight to a roofer etc etc.

my favorite job

Blockbuster Video.....

I discovered a way to unlock the yellow security tabs using a strong highpower hand held magnet, so i drew up some diagrams and posted it all over some HUGE message forums. next thing i know the regional district manager is sitting in the office asking me why i did this. doesnt help that my name was shown in my profile on these forums.

I still walk into that store once in a while, see the same LOSERS working there getting all the free movies and games, and getting told the same story about how im banned for life and that if i come in again im charged with tresspassing :lol:

bol
10-14-2004, 01:42 PM
Landscaping

Nothing like digging holes in +30C weather... haha

Driving the tractor with a huge shouval was fun though.

GirlsOnFire
10-14-2004, 03:09 PM
Earl's Downtown, $7/hr is not enough to make up for all the bs / politics / pressure in that place.

Shaolin
10-14-2004, 04:42 PM
i would think the tips would be pretty good at Earl's though?

MenteL
10-14-2004, 08:04 PM
i would think the tips would be pretty good at Earl's though? not after 50% of them filter through the managers and the remaining 50% through the staff. been there, done that.

Shaolin
10-14-2004, 08:09 PM
managers get 50% of tips at Earl's? dam..

then again i know nothing about that industry.. i've never been a waiter.

MenteL
10-14-2004, 10:51 PM
managers get 50% of tips at Earl's? dam..

then again i know nothing about that industry.. i've never been a waiter. it may be different nowadays, but thats how i got bent over 4 years ago

GirlsOnFire
10-14-2004, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by MenteL
it may be different nowadays, but thats how i got bent over 4 years ago

It hasn't changed much. I started as a setter (opening the restaurant then resetting tables all day) and a runner (taking the food to customers when any of the wait staff was busy or on a break) and I got 0% of the tips.

GTS Jeff
10-15-2004, 11:51 AM
when i was jobless i got desperate enough to be one of those annoying credit card mongers. that lasted exactly 64 minutes.

Shaolin
10-15-2004, 12:09 PM
ahh I had my fair share of those people back when I was at the U.. "hey man, you want a frisbee? you just need to sign up for a Mastercard." pfft.. how much were they going to pay you for that?

Toms-SC
10-15-2004, 01:36 PM
Cowboys, shitty hardwork and the trama of dealing with drunk people on a 14 hour shift.

GTS Jeff
10-15-2004, 01:40 PM
ahh I had my fair share of those people back when I was at the U.. &quot;hey man, you want a frisbee? you just need to sign up for a Mastercard.&quot; pfft.. how much were they going to pay you for that? pay is commission based, about 20-30/hour. but money cant buy dignity back.

noodles
10-15-2004, 02:21 PM
i worked at crowfoot mcdonalds for 8 months....i hated working there, but it was money in my pocket.....

never got one raise eather, cuz the mangement was either drunk, or greedy.....

and then this summer i did a couple odd jobs for my friends dads company, we cleaned up a demolition site, and picked weeds and stuff at a new building...made 10 bucks an hour, paid in 20's mua hahahahah

PureDeXteritY
10-20-2004, 02:21 AM
I worked in the meat department at Superstore Packing Meat.
the pay sucked and the smell wasn't very good at all.

and I had to go to Hong Kong with my family in the summer so I had to quit RIGHT before I got the 1000 bonus

glad that's over with

Redlyne_mr2
10-20-2004, 07:26 AM
Worst job ever was doing construction on an extension of a pork packing plant near red deer when I was 16. My dad figured it would be good for me to do some hard work so he got me this job as one of his clients owned the construction company. Every day Id see pigs getting slautered and would still be able to hear their screams when i got thome. I got paid $6/hr and worked sooo hard every day. What those fuckers don't know though is that over my time there I helped probably around 2 dozen pigs escape. Who knows how far they got as the plant was in the middle of nowhere. There was this crazy pyscho would had this personalized whip to whip the pigs so they'd go through the machine. He would scream and holler at them like a mad man.He had his initials on it and everything. When he went home one night i took it and thriough it away. He was sooo upset the next day that he took the following 4 days off. What a job.

Ben
10-20-2004, 08:30 AM
I Dunno...I guess my worst job would have been delivering the Sun while my friend was on vacation for 2 months in the summer. didn't much like getting up at 330 am but it was good money when I was young. *shrug* I dunno...never really had a "bad" job. Would rather be unemployed than settle for a shitty menial fast food job or something.

africano
10-22-2004, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Worst job ever was doing construction on an extension of a pork packing plant near red deer when I was 16. My dad figured it would be good for me to do some hard work so he got me this job as one of his clients owned the construction company. Every day Id see pigs getting slautered and would still be able to hear their screams when i got thome. I got paid $6/hr and worked sooo hard every day. What those fuckers don't know though is that over my time there I helped probably around 2 dozen pigs escape. Who knows how far they got as the plant was in the middle of nowhere. There was this crazy pyscho would had this personalized whip to whip the pigs so they'd go through the machine. He would scream and holler at them like a mad man.He had his initials on it and everything. When he went home one night i took it and thriough it away. He was sooo upset the next day that he took the following 4 days off. What a job.

Dude, that sounds like some child's horrible nightmare. :(

YOu still eat bacon?

lude_grl
10-26-2004, 02:06 PM
delivering flyers when i was like 12.
i was so excited my first time
and when your 12
man do 11.00 every two weeks look amazing

but i quit so soon after
such a crappy job.
gave me a backache

and sweet jesus. the pork one sounded traumatizing.

Slashin_
10-30-2004, 10:11 PM
pizza job

when u have to clean the pizza pans, fricken nasty and
then u go home smellin like grease and stuff
never look at pizza the same way again

:eek:

Redlyne_mr2
10-31-2004, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by africano

Dude, that sounds like some child's horrible nightmare. :(

YOu still eat bacon?
haha yah guys it was horrible. I dont eat pork anymore.

GTS Jeff
10-31-2004, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

haha yah guys it was horrible. I dont eat pork anymore. WTF i fuckin hate that bastard company that did this to you. if it werent for them, u still might be able to enjoy the delicacies that are bacon, porkchops, and pig snouts. i hate them.

peter.pan
11-07-2004, 08:50 PM
I worked for a day for this marketing aka door-to-door sales company, it was like a cult, can't say anything if you did bad, walk outside in the freezing cold all day. No guaranteed money, the people that could sell a bit were glorified and got to ring a special bell, how gay lol.

:thumbsdow

cman
11-07-2004, 11:34 PM
wow my new job fucking sucks ass. i decided to be a pussy and not work outdoors this winter. i moved down into a deli and it is terrible. i took a pay cut, get less hours, do shittier work, most of my collegues are pricks, i have to wash pans of chicken grease and clean meat cutters all fucking day. its horrible!!!
i cannot wait for spring/a new job which im looking for.

dieselpower91
11-08-2004, 12:42 AM
Hey, I was wondering why I never saw your car outside the gas bar anymore!

I like my job! Drive around, listen to my own music.. make around 10-14$ an hour depending on the day and tips!

Free food and beverage. :D

serusnak
11-19-2004, 07:32 PM
I did landscaping for a few months shovelling snow for Prestige. That sucked, because we'd have to do 16 hour shifts and we wouldn't get paid over time. That wasn't too bad though.

My worst job was being a filing clerk at a oil company for the summer. They needed someone to find folders to put paper work in, I didn't think it was so bad. Until I found out that they needed me to put ONE paper in each folder, they had thousands and thousands of files. I literally had a meter high stack of paper, each paper due to go in each file. It was HELL.

rio_rex
11-19-2004, 07:50 PM
Superstore:thumbsdow :thumbsdow the managers and supervisors treat you like shit regardless of how good or bad a worker you are....dirty ass bakery

shane
11-19-2004, 09:08 PM
super store@!
sucks!!

doublepostwhore
11-28-2004, 01:32 AM
Luciano's my boss would throw the youngin's me and a buddy around... and i got numerous burns from pans being flung at our torso's feet; hands. 2 months after i quit my ex boss was sued, adn thrown in jail for sexual harrasement and assult.

I then worked at red lobster... that was infinetly better then luciano's, but then my stellar boss moved to a store in edmonton (his wife was cheating on him, so he took the children when she became depressed and started in on drugs); after that the new bosses were uber shitty, making me work rediculous hours... having me scheduled during school hours. :banghead: :thumbsdow

xkon
11-28-2004, 02:10 AM
I was in the meat business for a while... i dont eat pork either, its soooo sad how all the animals get whacked... you should see the lilydale chicken plant! chickens get strung up by their legs and in a half hour go through an assembly line system that dismembers and air chills their parts to perfection... when i was there the system that kills them was failing and some of the poor birds were going through a hot steamer to remove their feathers while still alive

I cut my half my thumb off butchering and that was it, new career! after 16 hours i really couldnt hold a knife anymore lol... good thing it healed normally, damn was i stressed about that!

i feel for anyone that went to a packing plant too... whats sad is that you get used to it, the noise, the smell.... its funny for me to go visit a place i used to work and now the smell makes me sick, i used to get COVERED in blood! Itll be interesting for me too because on tuesday im cutting some wild game for a friend... its been a long time since ive done it!

bundi
12-01-2004, 12:59 PM
Worst job I ever had was working at a grocery store in a small town... first of all, most of the people who came were old because the only reason anyone shopped there was because it was 20 minutes from lethbridge and old people would rather pay twice as much than drive to the "big city".. damn hicks I had to carry out groceries....

I had to follow an old guy out... who was walkin in baby steps in -40, the worst thing was is that I was the only person my age (bout 16 at the time) working there, there were a few ladies there who were like late 20s but the OLD BITCHES were terrible... this 50 year old lady was such a bag, If I didn't bag groceries the exact way she wanted, she'd like yell at me with customers in line, in fact, she asked me for help moving right before I quit, said shed gimmie a case of beer, but of course, by the time I finished helping her, the liquor stores were so conveniently closed... what I get for trying to be nice to the bane of my existance ;)

best job I had was working at a gas station in the same town.... free slurpies, free penny candy (man ur mouth gets raw after 8 hours) and freeeeeee gas fumes wheeee

The job I have now is decent.. troubleshooting internet for Americans, except when you end up talking to someone who only speaks in ebonics... oh well teh benefits are good ;)

Maverik
12-01-2004, 02:02 PM
He is just whining, the job he works at is pretty good, i know i work there 2. The worst job ever is seed cleaning. You stand at the end of an assembly line for 11 hours a day stacking 30 kg bags of seed on a pallett. 60 pallets a day, 57 bags a pallet. And u do it in a warehouse covered in seed dust and poison. Someday i will end up with a hoof growing out of my back because of it. That shit will mutate anything. You do not know what work is until u do that. the best job is roofing though. Good physical work, and beer breaks. Gotta lovedoing construction in a small town, shit does not get any better than that.

Kirbs17
12-01-2004, 06:10 PM
Worst job I ever had was either washing dishes at the Best Western restaurant here in Airdrie (lasted one night, I quit after they told me they wanted to work 11 hours a night after school for 6 dollars an hour) or my current job at Future Shop in Red Deer. The store manager is a dink, on a power trip, and doesnt help out the new associates. There was like.. 500 pages of product knowledge shit to read before I even got on the floor. weeeee. I can not wait to get out of there.

My best job is at Regency Irrigation in the summers. Long days, rewarding work, good pay. I like it.

autospeed
12-08-2004, 02:22 AM
I think any restaraunt in the beginning sucks. I'm at Earl's and when i started it was dishes, dishes, and more dishes. Thing is even tho the work at the time sucked the ppl there are awsome, and once i got used to it it wasn't so bad. Plus u get to talk more to the waitresses as the dish guy than anyone else in the kitchen. Line cook now which rocks, no other job i can name where u do actually work but still get to screw around as much as this place. Lot of fun, but the hours aren't great getting lots of weekday hours now especially with finals coming up:banghead:

autospeed
12-08-2004, 02:24 AM
pay at earls isn't bad either $7.00/hr plus $1.50/hr tipout. so $8.50 an hour to start i'm happy, and considering how fast you can move up its not a bad job.:thumbsup:

koopkoop2
12-08-2004, 03:29 AM
Originally posted by autospeed
pay at earls isn't bad either $7.00/hr plus $1.50/hr tipout. so $8.50 an hour to start i'm happy, and considering how fast you can move up its not a bad job.:thumbsup:

Which Earls do you work at? I used to work at WillowPark