PDA

View Full Version : demerits for fighting tickets

coopercowan
03-22-2005, 11:19 PM
is it possible to plead guilty on a red light ticket but ask for not as many demerits to be taken off

lastprodigy
03-22-2005, 11:20 PM
yes, go talk to the crown prosecutor

coopercowan
03-22-2005, 11:23 PM
do you think it will work like if i say i will pay the ticket and full but would just like no demerits taken off

SilverBoost
03-23-2005, 01:43 AM
Depends on why you blew the red.... were you 150 yards away when it went yellow so you mashed it, or were you distracted somehow or daydreaming? He/she is gonna ask why you felt it necessary to run a red. Just have an answer ready.

lastprodigy
03-23-2005, 02:12 AM
i dont think what actually happened matters, usually (in my experiences anyways) they offer to take off the demrits...."what we do in this case is usually offer to take off the demrits and have you pay the fine" this is what they have told me in the past.... go down there, no harm in trying...i mean they cant raise it or anything!

EgyptLuv
03-23-2005, 02:16 AM
^ actually they are authorized to raise any ticket they want to a maximum of 3000 if they feel it's justified... sux, i've seen it happen... and all they really care about is the money... did you get pulled over or was it a red light cam?

GTS Jeff
03-23-2005, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by coopercowan
do you think it will work like if i say i will pay the ticket and full but would just like no demerits taken off They will plea bargain with you if they think that there is a chance that they may lose the case in court. It's your job to convince them that you may win in court.

Obscura
03-23-2005, 02:41 AM
If the crown prosecutor agrees to lower or not take any demerits off, don't then ask to have tiime to pay the fine. A guy I know did that and pushed too far.:banghead: