PDA

View Full Version : Process to get item shipped to Babb Montana and drive down to pickup?

str8jkt
03-23-2005, 11:24 AM
Wondering if anyone here can give me the process if they have gone through it for getting an item shipped to Babb Montana and then picking it up.

I am buying an item off of Ebay from a business. I believe the address is for the holding house is..

Chief Mountain Junction
Junction Highway 17 & 89
Babb MT 59411

On to my questions...

Did you have to get this location added as a verified address through your credit card in order to get the item shipped here?

Did you have the item shipped through USPS to the holding house address?

When driving down through customs do you just let them know you are picking something up from Babb?

When coming back through the border what kind of documentation do you need? ie will a printed off invoice from paypal or ebay be enough for them?

Thanks in advance for your responses. I read through the three posts I could find regarding this but it was more questions about where the location was and not how to use it.

BumpinTalon
03-23-2005, 11:46 AM
if it is something big you should ship it through greyhound, since that is the cheapest way by far to ship big items. driving through customs I would think an invoice or receipt is a good idea, or you can try and drive through with it (although if you get caught, you & your car will be flagged & searched every time you try to cross the border). When they ask you to state your purpose, just tell them what you are doing.
I don't think you would need that address as your verified address unless the seller will only ship to verified addresses.

str8jkt
03-23-2005, 01:58 PM
Also does anyone have any more info on the "holding house" in Babb Montana (is holding house the proper term?).

I can't find anything about them online so am wondering how you go abouts getting a package shipped to them.

Weapon_R
03-23-2005, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by str8jkt

On to my questions...

Did you have to get this location added as a verified address through your credit card in order to get the item shipped here?

Did you have the item shipped through USPS to the holding house address?

When driving down through customs do you just let them know you are picking something up from Babb?

When coming back through the border what kind of documentation do you need? ie will a printed off invoice from paypal or ebay be enough for them?

Thanks in advance for your responses. I read through the three posts I could find regarding this but it was more questions about where the location was and not how to use it.

1) No. I asked the seller to ship there, and to notify me when it had arrived. All it requires is some ID to get your package.

2) Yes, USPS is the holding house that is located there. It's like having a package shipped to the local Canada Post office closest to your home.

3) They ask you what you are doing, and you tell the U.S. customs that you have a package at the Babb holding house and that you'll be coming back to Canada in a few hours.

4) You MUST have an invoice or they will give you a hard time. I purchased something from ebay and just printed out the auction, but I would assume that more documentation is probably better.

Hope that helps.

str8jkt
03-23-2005, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

Hope that helps.

That helps a ton! Thanks Weapon_R

str8jkt
03-23-2005, 02:12 PM
Sorry one other question (since no matter what i try I can not find this place on google).

Anyone have a phone number for this place?

sputnik
03-23-2005, 02:28 PM
Why not just get it shipped via USPS?

str8jkt
03-23-2005, 02:40 PM
They will only ship to US addresses.