PDA

View Full Version : Ear Wax

GTS Jeff
03-23-2005, 12:56 PM
A big chunk (and I mean BIG) of it just fell out of my right ear. WTF?

Now my I can hear a staticky sorta sound from my right ear...

bspot
03-23-2005, 01:02 PM
Oh man, one time it was so bad I had to go to the doctor for a huge chunk lodged deep in there. He used a water pik to flush it all out.

Soooo gross, but true story :rofl:

euro tang
03-23-2005, 01:03 PM
:barf:
eat it!
Seriously though it was very nice of you to share that with us, especially right before lunch time.

JAYMEZ
03-23-2005, 02:03 PM
You might have an ear infection , ive had that before , go to the doctor and they will prescribe a drop lit bottle. Does it like "creak" whenever you move your neck and head?

lint
03-23-2005, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff

Obviously your brain is getting too big for your head.

:D

B17a
03-23-2005, 02:18 PM

ARe you sure its static? I bet its all the ambiant noise that you couldn't hear before since you had a big chunk blocking the way.

hockeybronx
03-23-2005, 03:01 PM
Yeah one time I had a throat infection and I went to the doctor and they flushed a bunch out with a syringe. It hurt like hell and was pretty nasty.

I don't know if you are asking for help or or advice or what Jeff, you aren't really one to listen to anybody else... but thanks for sharing with us.

GTS Jeff
03-23-2005, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by B17a

ARe you sure its static? I bet its all the ambiant noise that you couldn't hear before since you had a big chunk blocking the way. Well it's starting to go away now...

Originally posted by hockeybronx
Yeah one time I had a throat infection and I went to the doctor and they flushed a bunch out with a syringe. It hurt like hell and was pretty nasty.

I don't know if you are asking for help or or advice or what Jeff, you aren't really one to listen to anybody else... but thanks for sharing with us. If by "anybody else" you mean the word of god, then yeah. Get outa here ya dirty biblethumper.

hockeybronx
03-23-2005, 03:41 PM
Well it's starting to go away now...

If by "anybody else" you mean the word of god, then yeah. Get outa here ya dirty biblethumper.

No Jeff, what I was meaning was that it's not often that you ask for advice on this forum, or if you do listen to anybody it's only from a select few people... which is probably smart in some respects.

I didn't want to make an attack at you, I just didn't know where you were going with this thread, so I shared my own account.

GTS Jeff
03-23-2005, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by hockeybronx

No Jeff, what I was meaning was that it's not often that you ask for advice on this forum, or if you do listen to anybody it's only from a select few people... which is probably smart in some respects.

I didn't want to make an attack at you, I just didn't know where you were going with this thread, so I shared my own account. I'll listen to anyone, but whether I choose to follow their advice is another matter. But let's stay on topic and talk about ear wax.

I felt a globule protuding from my ear canal, so I coaxed it out with a Q-tip. Fuck, I was SOOO WORRIED about pushing the little beast back in by mistake!!!

Who wants to hear about the dimensions?

EK 2.0
03-23-2005, 05:08 PM

Fuck dimensions buddy...get some pics up...:drool:

hexified
03-23-2005, 05:24 PM
I'll listen to anyone, but whether I choose to follow their advice is another matter. But let's stay on topic and talk about ear wax.

I felt a globule protuding from my ear canal, so I coaxed it out with a Q-tip. Fuck, I was SOOO WORRIED about pushing the little beast back in by mistake!!!

Just dimensions? Why not color...texture....taste...and smell....go all out.

streetarab
03-23-2005, 05:45 PM
PICS!!! :D

GTS Jeff
03-23-2005, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

Fuck dimensions buddy...get some pics up...:drool:

Well it was big enough that it justified its own toilet flush. Fawk I shoulda gotten pics!

Originally posted by hexified

Just dimensions? Why not color...texture....taste...and smell....go all out.

Colour - like peanut butter
Texture - chunky peanut butter
Taste - you got it...peanut butter!

90Tegra
03-23-2005, 07:07 PM

maybe it was peanut butter :dunno:

illeagle
03-23-2005, 07:19 PM
did it have fur?? that shit is fucked up, now that you know it's gone, keep the hole clean.:tongue:

hexified
03-23-2005, 07:36 PM

Well it was big enough that it justified its own toilet flush. Fawk I shoulda gotten pics!

^^
:rofl: itll come back to haunt you when you notice it clogged your toilet...not only did you coax it out of your ear. Now youll have to plunge it out of your toilet.

Tyler883
03-23-2005, 08:13 PM
I remember putting peanut butter in the ear of the poor drunk that fell asleep at a party :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

cman
03-23-2005, 08:34 PM
yea one time i lost most of the hearing in one of my ears because i unsuccessfully coaxed the little fucker out, it got lodge in deeper.
go to the clinic and tell them, they use some water syringe to blow warm water in, which shoots teh chunk out. takes all of 10 minutes and according to the nurse is quite normal and she does it daily.

Carfanman
03-23-2005, 09:24 PM
Once a week when I get out of the shower I like to take a Q-tip and just clean out my ears.

Tyler883
03-23-2005, 10:43 PM
I've heard that the only thing you should put in a healthy ear is your elbows. anyone else.....er,....um ......hear that?:D

X_plorer
03-24-2005, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by Tyler883
I've heard that the only thing you should put in a healthy ear is your elbows. anyone else.....er,....um ......hear that?:D

I thought the saying was that you shouldn't put anything in your ear smaller than your elbow??

:dunno:

EG STyLeZ
03-24-2005, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by Carfanman
Once a week when I get out of the shower I like to take a Q-tip and just clean out my ears.

you're not supposed to put q-tips in your ears. that can make the problem even worse by pushing the shit farther back. read this:

http://www.hearingcenteronline.com/newsletter/august00h.shtml

Carfanman
03-24-2005, 11:17 AM
Dont worry, I dont put them in any deeper than if I was sticking my index finger in my ear. And i dont push them in, I move them in a circular movement. And it definitly works becaue the q-tip comes out all yellow.

hexified
03-24-2005, 04:17 PM
who would have thought a thread about earwax would draw so much attention :rofl:

GTS Jeff
03-24-2005, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Carfanman
Dont worry, I dont put them in any deeper than if I was sticking my index finger in my ear. And i dont push them in, I move them in a circular movement. And it definitly works becaue the q-tip comes out all yellow. Actually, it might do you (and your peers) some good if you jammed the Q-tips in as far as they go.

abyss
03-24-2005, 05:05 PM
Actually, it might do you (and your peers) some good if you jammed the Q-tips in as far as they go.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Do you really think that would help, Jeff?

^SkylinE^
03-25-2005, 01:14 AM
OK here is what you need to do.
Go to the drug store and buy a product called either cerumol, or murine in the ear-eye section. Also buy a bulb syringe (spelling) Use the drops for a couple days this will help to eat away the wax and help make it easier to remove with the bulb syringe using warm water and just don't force the water in too hard.

If you feel uncomfortable with doing this yourself go see your doc and they will give you drops to use and make another day where you can go in and get your ears flushed out. Wax build-up is a very normal problem and there is an easy fix for it. You will notice a world of difference in your hearing if you go and do this!

Good luck Jeff!

ExRollen
04-11-2005, 05:17 PM
Well it's starting to go away now...

If by "anybody else" you mean the word of god, then yeah. Get outa here ya dirty biblethumper.

Hahahahaha "dirty biblethumper". .... G.O.L.D.

ricosuave
04-11-2005, 05:32 PM
mineral oil is even cheaper and it wil do just a good of job.

fill the ear with the mineral oil, wait 15 min, then go have a shower, and make sure you rinse/flush the ear with the spray.

rico

Fluidic
04-13-2005, 02:44 PM
This thread is a touch old -- however I'm wanting to go technical. What exactly IS ear wax and what does it do, besides build up in the ear that eventually causes enough discomfort whereas in turn you have to remove it?!

Phy
04-13-2005, 02:57 PM
Ear wax, or cerumen, is a secretion of the ear canal. It's actually a mixture of secretions from sebaceous glands (those that produce oil) and modified sweat glands of a similar kind to those in your armpits.

It functions in much the same way as mucous in the nose, trapping dirt and bacteria and moving them to the ear canal's exit. Jaw movement can help speed this process - if you're pumping out a lot of earwax due to allergies or whatever, try chewing a lot of gum. It may help prevent buildup. Earwax also prevents drying-out of the ear canal, and performs a role as a modest bactericide.

Fluidic
04-13-2005, 05:42 PM
Excellent!!

Thank-You

old_balls81
04-13-2005, 06:05 PM
my grandma says back in the day they used pee, how sick would that be "cmon man just a little drop in the ear....not the face not the face"

GTS Jeff
04-13-2005, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by old_balls81
my grandma says back in the day they used pee, how sick would that be "cmon man just a little drop in the ear....not the face not the face" Your grandma has some fucked up fetishes dude!

old_balls81
04-13-2005, 08:32 PM
maybe so..... but shes dead now rest her soul........please don't insult her:(

Import_Girl
05-05-2005, 08:55 PM
Try ear candeling, its really neat, and you feel so much better, its like a detox. Nasy nasty shit....its like $35 to get it done. Its weird they do one side at ta time, and when you sit up to turn over and do the other side you are all lop sided and cant walk straight, its weird....Chiropractic places do it

LUDELVR
05-05-2005, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Import_Girl
Try ear candeling, its really neat, and you feel so much better, its like a detox. Nasy nasty shit....its like $35 to get it done. Its weird they do one side at ta time, and when you sit up to turn over and do the other side you are all lop sided and cant walk straight, its weird....Chiropractic places do it

Man, that would be pretty funky!! I guess you can only clean out so much with a Q tip and peroxide!! haha :rofl: Just kidding...but seriously!:rofl: