PDA

View Full Version : FS: 1982 Ford Fairmont (ohh BABY!)

JoeBoomz
03-23-2005, 02:18 PM
I'm selling my old car that I drove around and loved to death through High School. It's going to be hard to see it go, but I'd rather get it to someone who would drive it than send it to the scrap yard.

For an `82, it's amazingly FULLY LOADED! It has AIR, TILT, POWER LOCKS, POWER WINDOWS, POWER STEERING AND MOON ROOF! YOWZA! :D

Battery's dead but it starts and runs just fine (I had to move it last week).

Tires are in great shape, they're pretty much new. Full size spare in trunk.

Body is rusty. Leaks a bit in the roof. Beggars can't be choosers.

I changed the engine out a few years back, it's an inline 6. The new engine doesn't burn oil AT ALL, I'd be surprised if it wasn't good for another 200,000 KM's.

Transmission is automatic, had it rebuilt a few years back too. Shouldn't give you any troubles.

Brakes work OK, you might want to tighten up the rear drums a bit.

Trunk is full of spare parts, including 2 extra carburetor's, 2 alternators, and maybe a starter. CURRENTLY HAS A HIGH-OUTPUT alternator (140amp?) installed because I used to run my stereo in this car. Makes a good humming noise on full charge ;)

I had the car insured less than a year ago and drove it for the summer, it passed mechanical back then and there's no reason why it shouldn't pass it again.

It was basically my tinker-car that I learned everything on, it's a great ride and I'm sure it'll provide transportation for someone who really needs it for at least a couple of more years. My wife basically wants me to get rid of it now because we have newer cars, and it's taking up space in my yard :(

I'll ask $200 for it, AS IS. Who needs a cheap working ride? :thumbsup:

SinisterProbeGt
03-23-2005, 03:26 PM
DOes it look like this?
http://www.briansautosales.com/AutoPix/82fairmont1.JPG

JoeBoomz
03-24-2005, 10:12 AM
Yeah, it's that kind of car, but mine's a silver/grey color, all one color, too! :P

JoeBoomz
03-26-2005, 12:10 PM
Bump? $200 anyone. Give my baby a good home! :D

JoeBoomz
05-03-2005, 03:26 PM
Bump? The wife bugged me again today to get it out of the yard :(