PDA

View Full Version : Jeep Lifts

recon
03-23-2005, 02:37 PM
Not that it matters for a few years, but eventually I want to get a Jeep TJ and get a 3-4 inch lift. Are there lots of places in Southern Alberta that do Jeep lifts?

20incheyes
04-18-2005, 07:14 PM
There are a few, your options will be 2", 4", or 6" - Big 4 Motors does em

04-18-2005, 07:17 PM
Check out modern motors on black foot they are good guys and will explain everything for you!

TKRIS
04-20-2005, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by recon
Not that it matters for a few years, but eventually I want to get a Jeep TJ and get a 3-4 inch lift. Are there lots of places in Southern Alberta that do Jeep lifts?

Modern Motors and National 4wd in Calgary.
Canada Off Road in Lethbridge
North Shore Off Road in BC (Good deals on shipping and kits)
Rocky Mountain Off Road in Red Deer (Great guys, good prices.)

Just remember:
If you go over 2.5", you'll probably need to drop the transfer case with spacers, which is pretty cheap.
If you go over 3.5", you'll probably need a slip yoke eliminator and CV driveshaft. This stuff will get real $$$$, really quick.
If you're going want a DD that's good for mild wheeling, you can do a budget boost (coil spacers), 1" body lift and 1" motor mount lift for under $400 if you do the work yourself (shouldn't take more than 4-5 hours total with an extra set of hands and standard hand tools). That'll let you clear 32" tires off road (33" *might* rub a bit and require a bit of fender trimming).

If you're looking for an older TJ, try to get one with a Dana 44 rear differential (you'll thank me later). These were only available in the 4.0l 6cyl TJs. If you can afford it, BUY A RUBICON!!! They have ARB selectable lockers and Dana 44 diffs in the front and rear. That'll cost you BIG $$$ to get put into your TJ Sport.

Kris