PDA

View Full Version : Where's good ice??????

Hakkola
01-01-2003, 03:06 PM
Went skating at breaside community rink yesterday, and I gotta say it was ass. The ice was choppy and there was snow all over the rink, no good for hockey.

Where's a well kept rink with good ice?? I wanna have some fun today, no more crappy ice for me!

SilverRex
01-01-2003, 03:07 PM
ya what happen the hockey meet? should have one.. outdoor ring I presume. I havent play ice hockey for so long. it'll be phun

redline_13000
01-01-2003, 03:09 PM
i went to the whitehorn rink today(NE) and the ice was choppy, but clean, i gueess its just the warm weather today, not good for the ice..and to much wind:thumbsdow

Hakkola
01-01-2003, 03:25 PM
Hehe, yeah, I haven't played for 3 on the ice until yesterday, I quit ice hockey and played roller hockey for a couple years, it was good to get back on the ice.

The rink was terrible, but the "pleasure rink" for just skating was fine, not choppy at all, but no nets.

We need to get a game going on soon for sure, even in doors, why don't we all get some friends together so we have enough people to rent a rink or something?

Davetronz
01-01-2003, 03:38 PM
Hamptons ALWAYS has good ice, so does Citadel, amazing rinks too...

redline_13000
01-01-2003, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola
Hehe, yeah, I haven't played for 3 on the ice until yesterday, I quit ice hockey and played roller hockey for a couple years, it was good to get back on the ice.

The rink was terrible, but the "pleasure rink" for just skating was fine, not choppy at all, but no nets.

We need to get a game going on soon for sure, even in doors, why don't we all get some friends together so we have enough people to rent a rink or something?

thats a good idea

RX-7_TWINTURBO
01-01-2003, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by TurboDSM
Hamptons ALWAYS has good ice, so does Citadel, amazing rinks too... :werd:

Hipermax_d
01-01-2003, 06:52 PM
the oval has good ice :D

i heard the rink at hinden valley is awesome. they have regular maintence everyday and because the people who wants to skate helps out with snowing and stuff, they respect the ice

Hakkola
01-02-2003, 12:14 PM
Sweet, I have no idea where the Hamptons or Hidden valley is, but I'll check it out, neeeeeeed good ice, went to braeside again yesterday...

turboMiata
01-02-2003, 12:18 PM
Olympic Plaza. They zamboni it every hour.

Hakkola
01-02-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by turboMiata
Olympic Plaza. They zamboni it every hour.

But can you play hockey there?

turboMiata
01-02-2003, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola

But can you play hockey there?

we used to play hockey there late at night when they are closed! haha! But no, not officially.