PDA

View Full Version : inadequate reflectors ticket???

sml
01-01-2003, 03:12 PM
Anyone got an "inadequate reflectors ticket" before??? Apparently, the clear side markers that goes on the bottom front sides of my car that I got from T&T Honda are NOT SAE approved... :dunno: sigh... Cops have way too much time on their hands these days... :banghead:

mrmattyk
01-01-2003, 03:19 PM
Ya this is gpomp's brother right? I was there when we got the ticket.

:bullshit:

redbaron303
01-01-2003, 03:19 PM
I had clears on my 300ZX and I was told to change the colour of bulb in it, cause I ahd the blue buld....I basically told the cop to piss up a rope, but in a nice ass kisssing kinda way! I think if you got the ticket you could fight it, as long as your lights aren't illegally coloured, and then probably have it thrown out... I'm pretty sure if you can buy it on a store shelve it's supposed to be okay or the store's supposed to tell you, you can only use it for show! Somewhat like those strobing headlights...... I'd look it up in the HTA!

BLUE95GT
01-01-2003, 03:39 PM
I think the clear sidemarkers are legal as long as they have orange bulbs.

GTS Jeff
01-01-2003, 04:01 PM
hey man. id go talk to the crown prosecutor. hes a nice guy and will help u out.

i personally think the ticket is bs

FiveFreshFish
01-01-2003, 04:34 PM
To be in full legal compliance, you need the amber side reflector at the front corners. Bulb colour can be clear or amber.

The sidemarker (behind the front wheel) is not required, so it can be amber, white or clear.

Blue bulbs are a no-no.

http://www.members.shaw.ca/andrea.ruyter/DOTvsEURO.jpg

SilverRex
01-01-2003, 04:39 PM
hehe at least when I get pull over next tiem I'll tell the officer look ive been pull over once bekuz I had blue lights on the side, and he said either white or amber which I did... now p*** off

hmm maybe I'll reword that a bit.. lol

DSM Power
01-01-2003, 05:30 PM
Blue bulbs are ghey... :thumbsdow

Hollywood
01-01-2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
To be in full legal compliance, you need the amber side reflector at the front corners. Bulb colour can be clear or amber.

Sorry I will have to disagree with that. My car stock comes with no orange relfectors anywhere on the front.

http://members.shaw.ca/eurotrash/12.jpg

jdmakkord
01-01-2003, 07:00 PM
a bit off topic, but hollywood, after seeing your bumper closeup, cut it. At least you can get rid of the license plate holes. And it will match the rest of the mesh.

davidI
01-01-2003, 07:13 PM
yea, I'm pretty sure you can have clear side markers as well. Someone posted the laws on here a while ago.

ancient
01-01-2003, 07:55 PM
Exactly my car has front corners as clear... Its stock that way.

theken
01-01-2003, 08:07 PM
clear lenses are illegal from what i have been told (by cops).... my car has some clear lenses on it from the factory but there is a yellow tinge kinda like hollywoods. I haven't got a ticket for my truck lights though, and all of them are illegal.

sexualbanana
01-01-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by redbaron303
... I'm pretty sure if you can buy it on a store shelve it's supposed to be okay or the store's supposed to tell you, you can only use it for show!

store doesn't have to tell u. it's usually stated on the product somewhere

FiveFreshFish
01-01-2003, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Hollywood

Sorry I will have to disagree with that. My car stock comes with no orange relfectors anywhere on the front.

Sure you do.

It doesn't have to be a part of your headlight housing. Nor does it have to attached to your blinker. As long as it's in the front corner (ahead of the front wheel) then it's legal.

Hollywood
01-02-2003, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by jdmakkord
a bit off topic, but hollywood, after seeing your bumper closeup, cut it. At least you can get rid of the license plate holes. And it will match the rest of the mesh.

Ya 4 sure!

sml
01-02-2003, 01:31 PM
So, does anyone know the law in Alberta for front side reflectors? I heard some people say that clear corners are ok as long as they have an amber bulb... others say that amber reflectors are required... :dunno:

91_Integz
01-02-2003, 02:44 PM
I got 7 tickets in ten days for this type of stuff. They were all 30 bucks each. You have to have an amber reflector on the front that is visible from the side and a red reflector that is visible from the side on the rear. For the front the signals must be amber or white and for the rear the signals must be amber of red.
Just because you have an amber bulb doesn't make it legal. You need the reflector as well.

FIVEFRESHFISH is right.;)

redbaron303
01-02-2003, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by 91_Integz
I got 7 tickets in ten days for this type of stuff. They were all 30 bucks each. You have to have an amber reflector on the front that is visible from the side and a red reflector that is visible from the side on the rear. For the front the signals must be amber or white and for the rear the signals must be amber of red.
Just because you have an amber bulb doesn't make it legal. You need the reflector as well.

FIVEFRESHFISH is right.;)

There is a link on v8less.com that has the ab's hta on it. Check it out. The cops out here in st albert told me when I was pulled over that I had to remove the colored bulb, that they were illegal not the fact my reflector/sidemarkers were clear. So basically amber is legal from the front and red from the back.... just like the neon car kits, red is totally legal as long as they don't see the bulb,cause glaring light is illegal too...

91_Integz
01-03-2003, 11:36 AM
This comes straight out of the HTA:

"33(1) A motor vehicle or trailer manufactured on or after January
1, 1971 shall, on and after January 1, 1981, be equipped with, on
each side of it,
(a) one amber side marker lamp as close to the front of the
motor vehicle or trailer, exclusive of the trailer tongue, as
is practicable,
(b) one red side marker lamp as close to the rear of the motor
vehicle or trailer as is practicable...."

and this explains the colors of bulbs you may have:

"(c) the lamps showing to the front shall be located at or near
the front on the same level and as widely spaced laterally
as practicable and when in use shall emit a white or amber
light that is plainly visible from the front in normal
sunlight for a distance of at least 250 metres, and
(d) the lamps showing to the rear shall be located at the same
level and as widely spaced laterally as practicable and
when in use shall emit a red or amber light that is plainly
visible from the rear in normal sunlight for a distance of at
least 250 metres...."

Incase you don't know the HTA can be found on
this site (http://www.qp.gov.ab.ca/documents/Acts/H08.cfm?frm_isbn=077971511X)

91_Integz
01-03-2003, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by redbaron303

... just like the neon car kits, red is totally legal as long as they don't see the bulb,cause glaring light is illegal too...

I think you may be right about this though...:dunno: