PDA

View Full Version : Working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car?

Chim
03-25-2005, 03:17 PM
I have an interview as a management trainee intern this monday. Everything about this company sounds shady to me, and the pay is really crappy, but I could go for the experience.

If my suspicions about the company are right, I could be in for a really shitty summer. Anybody heard anything about working for this company?

AcuraTl
03-25-2005, 04:48 PM
had a buddy who worked there, didnt give me 2 many complaints, but then again he wasent management :P he didnt make it sound too bad?

Chim
03-25-2005, 04:59 PM
Cool.

The position is for "Management Trainee Intern", yet they're hiring a LOT of these interns for the summer. Obviously means it isnt a managerial job (can't have too many chiefs and not enough indians), but something else. That is why I think it is shady

Shaolin
03-25-2005, 05:03 PM
You'll probably be doing everything but washing cars.. so probably lots of CSR work.. I worked at Budget 6-7 years ago and it wasn't that bad.. they were flexible with my schedule, the pay was pretty good as well.. I have a buddy who is still there after all these years.. so I don't think it would be too bad.

peter.pan
03-28-2005, 02:17 PM
a friend works at the one at macleod and heritage, I work at budget, well for another month or so. I see him once in a while and he never had anything bad to say, the first year is hard I guess but after that you can make some good cash from what I heard.

sexualbanana
04-05-2005, 07:37 PM
I've heard Enterprise actually has a really good management training program.

What will basically happen is you start as a trainee for the first year (approx). From their, I believe you take a test to become management trainee (or maybe it was manager's assistant). Then it's promotion based on merit from there on. I hear the hours can be tough, but there are a lot of benefits.

I've met their head recruiter for Calgary a bunch of times, and she's a really cool girl. I figure when I graduate next year, I'll be applying at Enterprise.