PDA

View Full Version : Is300

90Tegra
03-25-2005, 04:10 PM
the weather is beautifull down here. so i took my integra out for the first time in 4 month for a spin and i saw at least like 6 IS300 today. fcuk they are so nice man.:love:

Im planning on saving and getting one. Anyone who ever drove one or own one can you say how it is.

tanx

Weapon_R
03-25-2005, 04:34 PM
I can tell you from experience that the car is so much more than first impressions.

Looking at it doesn't really strike me as a luxury sedan. It looks too small and somewhat cheap with its altezzas but it packs a nice punch where it counts.

Sit inside of one and you'll appreciate the quality that goes into an IS. The interior is really nice and everything has a touch of class. The paddle shifter is an added touch that makes driving a lot of fun.

Underneath the hood is tons of power and its smooth all around. Definately take one for a spin. The only problem (not so much for owners) is that they hold their value forever. Even now, you still can't find a good IS for less than $25k.

illeagle
03-25-2005, 04:44 PM
I love the IS300....but not to the point where i stare at them when i see them. I got a chance to drive one for a bit. They are a really nice all around car, everything you need is there. the only thing that bothered me besides the automatic tranny, was that i thought it would have more power. I found the car sluggish and heavy feeling (acceleration-wise) handling i never tried. I'd buy one for sure! but something needs to be added to that motor to make it go a bit better...Hmmm...i wonder what??;) :burnout:

max_boost
03-25-2005, 04:49 PM
IS300 is a very solid car, even better when modded. I agree that the automatic transmission is a bit sluggish, well what auto isn't right?

I would pick a used IS300 over a BMW 3 series anyday. Lexus quality and reliability.

I can't wait to see Beyond member Altezza's ride when it's done. Factory goodness, L-tuned kit, 19inch wheels, slammed :drool: :thumbsup:

90Tegra
03-25-2005, 05:03 PM
did they stop making the 5 or 6 speed manual transmition?

finboy
03-25-2005, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by 90Tegra

there was a 5 speed manual available but i haven't seen very many with them.

nice car overall but not enough power for my liking :(

t-im
03-25-2005, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by 90Tegra

It was initially only avail. in auto, then 5spd became standard (I beleive..)

C4S
03-25-2005, 11:20 PM
I had one back to ~ 2000 when they just came out not too long, I was impressed too.

It is very nice , even it is a toyota, and for ~$40,000 ( $ 44,000 + taxes back then, and ~$4,000 discount ! )

I had mine for few months, then I sold it, since it wasn't that good for winter driving. May be bad 55/45 weight with the heavy 3.0 engine ? ( I only put all season tires on for winter, and ended up never drive with the summer :) )

It was popular few yrs ago, however, I rarely see a newer one lately.:)

Hopefullt Toyota will bring some good model for the new IS, either the Is200 or Is250 ! :)

Hash_man
03-26-2005, 12:30 AM
I have driven one, it was a 5spd aswell, and I must say it was awesome... Such a smooth car, and just felt so damn good to drive.

If I had the money I would definately consider one

bigboom
03-26-2005, 12:30 PM
no complaints with mine at all. a very smooth car that yes lacks some punch but that can be easily fixed even with a simple ecu flash, intake, exhaust that can bring you up to 200WHP (i know its not much but not bad)

its also a very well put together car...and that guage dial is by far one of the nicest INMHO :)

BokCh0y
03-26-2005, 01:04 PM
i love mine. the only thing i've noticed is that IMO it is under power. i think another 30-50hp woulda made a big difference. i test drove the bmw 3-series before and the IS. I found the IS to be a much better car all around, the quality, realiability, just the little things you know. i love the BMW body styles though but i'be never been a fan of the interior. i think the biggest thing that made me decide to go with the IS was that BMW 3 series are like EVERYWHERE now. i can think of 10 friends easily that have one now whereas i'm still the only one out of all of us that has an IS. but yeah definately a solid car. my next ride will be the 2006 IS.

07-13-2005, 02:21 AM
Does the IS300 share the same platform with the Corolla?

BokCh0y
07-13-2005, 08:24 AM
One word will sum it up "NO"

HRD2PLZ
07-13-2005, 08:37 AM
I think the IS is a great all around car. Much better value than the 3-series IMO. I looked at both and the interior quality is so much nicer in the Lexus. In stock form, they could use maybe a little more power but for just bombing around the city they are more than adequate. I would definitely recommend the manual over the auto in this car :thumbsup:

Hernando
07-13-2005, 08:47 AM
The IS is pretty sweet car, but it I found it was kinda slow especially for the amount of $'s you have to spend. That's why I bought a used M3 instead...way more fun!

GoChris
07-13-2005, 09:12 AM
I just saw a turbo black IS300 on the way to work this morning on blackfoot. wow it was nice. had fender flares and some wider tires, I think it said Reimer on the back or something.

It was very nicely done. I bet it's fast as fuck too. The BOV sure sounded sweet.

bonnieclyde240
07-13-2005, 09:19 AM
I like the rwd sedan. I wouldn't mind getting an IS300 as a family ride.

BokCh0y
07-13-2005, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by GoChris
I just saw a turbo black IS300 on the way to work this morning on blackfoot. wow it was nice. had fender flares and some wider tires, I think it said Reimer on the back or something.

It was very nicely done. I bet it's fast as fuck too. The BOV sure sounded sweet.

yeah that is reg reimers IS. I'm not sure of the specs but i hear it's got like some crazy HP. He does local tuning in the city for the IS's and Supra. Dude owns a company named reimer consulting services - RCTS for short. ALso heard he helped build the Lexus IS430 with the 4.3 Liter V8 engine. Here's a link with some info about him and his projects:

http://www.monsterhorsepower.com/

Originally posted by Hernando
The IS is pretty sweet car, but it I found it was kinda slow especially for the amount of $'s you have to spend. That's why I bought a used M3 instead...way more fun!

IS is a really sweet car but you can't compare it to an M3. M3 is a tuned BMW with crazy horsepower all in a class of it's own.

IS is comparible to the stock 3 series only. The IS has 215 stock hp compared to the BMW's which range from 170-235 depending on year and engine size. 330hp for the M3 unless it's an older 99 and under model then it has 245hp - please correct me if I am wrong. Lexus does have a tuner division for the vehicle called L-Tuned. For the IS it's just more like stiffer suspension, ferring kit and bigger rims with badging but they never actually tuned the car. I know you can buy aftermarket turbo kits for it though.

The newer BMW's from 99-04 3-Series only the 330 had more horsepower than the IS and the difference was between 10-20 horsepower. So the difference was minimal.

I love the IS but also love the M3. If I had a choice between a 2001-2005 IS and a 1999-2004 BMW 330 I would choose the IS. If I had to pick between the IS and the M3.....hands down M3.

AliXJ
07-13-2005, 12:45 PM
I love my IS300, may in marketplace as soon as the new IS350 hits our turf in Fall. One of the best cars I've owned. 1 minor thing I hate on my car is There is no foglight icon in dash cluster.