PDA

View Full Version : Fuck Dealerships! (Calgary Honda)

Hollywood
03-26-2005, 01:17 PM
This is my story. I normally hate all dealerships as I have been screwed in one way or another in almost everyone I have delt with. Initially I was very happy with the treatment at Calgary honda. Then the true side of the stealership shows.

I was looking at a Blue GS430 at Calgary Honda. I called them up said I would buy the car for this price they tried to play the games. Anyways I got them down to a good price they just needed a refundable 1K deposit so that's fine they took it over the phone. Deal was Pending inspection.

Through the standard lines of questions, the sales person said guaranteed no accidents. I got it inspected and sure enough the whole left side was repainted. They told me to talk to the used car sales manager. The manager basically told Legendboy and I that they would sell it to someone else less picky, then walked away. I said ok I will take my deposit back now. The lady takes my sheet, says "there was no deposit taken", I said " are you sure, cause I think there was?", she said nope and hinted the sales guy screwed up. So that was the end of that......NOPE.

1 month later on credit card bill 1k taken from Calgary Honda. I was pissed. So I called the used sales manager. He's rudely comments "come down with the documents to prove it". I was like well if you guys can take 1k off from me off the phone you can can refund it over the phone". He continued to be a dick and said "who was your sales guy", I said "a younger guy", being difficult and not forthcoming he said "we have lots of younger guys", so I said "I think he was Phillipino", once again difficult "we have lots of Philippino's" , I then asked for some names and found the right one. The sales guy was not so bad but said he could do nothing unless I took the document down proving they took it.

But it's not reassuring that a dealership that exchanges large sum's of money cannot even find records of taking money off my credit card, making me have to go down there and prove it on my own time. And there is no reason to be rude to me about when it's clearly the dealerships fault.

403Gemini
03-26-2005, 01:22 PM
yikes thats pretty bad if they cant even keep track of their deposits and shit. hope ya get it back (i know you will, just show your bank statement)

Barking_Spidre
03-26-2005, 01:23 PM
Yea, what a twat. Did you end up going down there yet, and smack some heads? :poosie: Hope you get your money back.

Impreza
03-26-2005, 01:29 PM
They must have transaction history's for all CC deposits right? Otherwise, how does accounting keep track of funds?!?!?

Aleks
03-26-2005, 01:32 PM
Every dealer is nice until money is exchanged. Once you give them money they have the upper hand and can start fucking with you like this. I hate them too.

Impreza
03-26-2005, 01:33 PM
I guess they call them "stealerships" for a reason, ahah

djayz
03-26-2005, 01:39 PM
thats pretty retarded
well i hope you get your money back and that sales manager gets taught a very good lesson

Hollywood
03-26-2005, 01:46 PM
I'M sure I will get my money back, it's just such a hassle.

TypeSly
03-26-2005, 01:52 PM
good post worthy of the title.

*scratching Calgary Honda off the "good" list*

ehos
03-26-2005, 01:54 PM
Why do people continue to go to Satan?

Whats the attraction?

They will NEVER give you a good deal (private sales are always cheaper), they charge GST (some cases illegally overcharge!), TOO many scams to list (someone wrote a good book on dealership scams, very nice).

You say you've never had a good experience with a Stealership, so, why go back? I've NEVER been to a dealer, never will. Why, because I've read thousands of posts/stories about people getting screwed, why would I put myself in that position?

You should call Amvic and report them for what happened.

A790
03-26-2005, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Hollywood
I'M sure I will get my money back, it's just such a hassle.

If not, do what I did to Calgary Hyundai Suzuki...

Camp outside their lot with a few buddies and some signs that proclaim your issues to people as they enter. Stop cars on their way in, let them know your story, and we'll see whats up.

I did that for six hours, and boom, my deposit was in my hands :)

Good luck though.

biggie_82
03-26-2005, 02:02 PM
Get your money back! They will make it difficult for you but I'm pretty sure you can get it back. Just have your Credit Card company call them. Since you never signed anything I'm pretty sure you won't have to pay the $1000 on the credit card statement.

Never put money down for a car until everything is checked and good to go. Only put down money when you know you are buying it at that point.

Dealerships are shady in general, keep in mind that they are driven by the almighty dollar sign.

A790
03-26-2005, 02:06 PM
Isn't it illegal for them to keep your deposit?

Larry Iwan from Shaw GMC was in my restaurant last night and I was talking to him about my fiasco with Hyundai and he told me that keeping a deposit is illegal.

Call him at 287-5922, maybe he can offer somme information to help you out :)

civic_stylez
03-26-2005, 02:11 PM
we had the same issue with calgary honda, we put a thousand down on a civic there and when we went to pick it up, the final price on it was "magically higher than the bottom line that we had previously signed for. we then asked for the grand back and they tried everything to prevent us from getting it back. in the end we just had the bank cancel the cheque and told honda that the cheque was worthless. we ended up going to t&t honda which was a way better choice. good luck with getting the money back and threaten legal action. good choice on the gs430 too btw!

CokerRat
03-26-2005, 02:12 PM
^ Good advice. Don't let them pressure you into putting a deposit on it unless you have paperwork in front of you that will stand up in court. I've heard too many horror stories about deposits with no paperwork to back it up. It easily becomes a he-said she-said situation.

shakalaka
03-26-2005, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by CokerRat
^ Good advice. Don't let them pressure you into putting a deposit on it unless you have paperwork in front of you that will stand up in court. I've heard too many horror stories about deposits with no paperwork to back it up. It easily becomes a he-said she-said situation.

Yea but if the bank statement shows that Calgary-Honda charged. I think thats enough. Well, anyways

I hate these kinda dealerships. Unless you have connections in there, they treat you like shit. Feel like suing their fucking ass everytime this kinda shit happens.

CokerRat
03-26-2005, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by A790
Larry Iwan from Shaw GMC was in my restaurant last night and I was talking to him about my fiasco with Hyundai and he told me that keeping a deposit is illegal
Not necessarily, if the paperwork clearly stipulates the terms of the deposit.

The whole point of the buyer accepting a deposit is that the sale has been made. That's why you can then turn away other prospective buyers, otherwise why wouldn't you sell it to the first person who pays you in full? The deposit is merely part of the payment. There are people out there who flagrantly make deposits everywhere and expect to get them back whenever they feel like declining the purchase. But no paperwork, no legal backing.

Hollywood
03-26-2005, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by CokerRat

Not necessarily, if the paperwork clearly stipulates the terms of the deposit.

The whole point of the buyer accepting a deposit is that the sale has been made. That's why you can then turn away other prospective buyers, otherwise why wouldn't you sell it to the first person who pays you in full? The deposit is merely part of the payment. There are people out there who flagrantly make deposits everywhere and expect to get them back whenever they feel like declining the purchase. But no paperwork, no legal backing.

Paperwork has the deposit as refundable pending inspection which it failed. I will get my money back that is for sure.

Because.....

Originally posted by AcuraTl
we have conveyed one thing, dont fuck with hollywood....

Hehehe.:D

Hollywood
03-26-2005, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by ehos
Why do people continue to go to Satan?

Whats the attraction?

They will NEVER give you a good deal (private sales are always cheaper), they charge GST (some cases illegally overcharge!), TOO many scams to list (someone wrote a good book on dealership scams, very nice).

You say you've never had a good experience with a Stealership, so, why go back? I've NEVER been to a dealer, never will. Why, because I've read thousands of posts/stories about people getting screwed, why would I put myself in that position?

You should call Amvic and report them for what happened.

When there are only 4 of the car you are looking for for sale at one given time in canada, your not left with many options.

ehos
03-26-2005, 03:10 PM
http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detailinfo.aspx?ID=4604758&pgno=1

This car?

shakalaka
03-26-2005, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Hollywood
I was looking at a Blue GS430 at Calgary Honda.

This car?

Guess not! Cauz the one you posted says its black.

Supa Dexta
03-26-2005, 03:33 PM
When I was just shopping for a new car, I got the run around from a few places.. Northland volkswagon was the first I believe, they had a civic listed, 5spd, xxxkms, leather.. I was like hrmm? leather?... Gotta check that out, got there it was an auto, no leather and 25k more than what they had it listed as.. Thank you, good day I said to him, as he tried to sell me a new volkswagon!... Next was sundridge nissan, they had a car come up for sale, I called, "oh yeah we still have it, c'mon up"... So I got off work early, and drove right there.. I get there and he tells me it was actually sold 3 days earlier!... And then tries to sell me a demo spec v for 24 grand.. nearly 2x more than I was planning on spending.. :rolleyes: All this after I had already put money down on a 2000 civic, which the engine went out of the day before I was supposed to pick it up (thank god for that, better than a couple days after I bought it, poor guy who was selling it though had some shitty luck though, 96k on it and the timign belt goes...) So I actually ended up buying from crowfoot honda, all went well there, and theres even been a couple of messages on my machine asking if everything has been going good with the new car...
:)

Skyline_Addict
03-26-2005, 03:54 PM
hey Hollywood,
just show them the record on your bill transcript. that should be enough. also let them know that keeping your deposit is illegal!

in any case...dealerships suck! i've only met one or two really good salesmen before, but didn't have the opportunity to go through them when actually buying the car in question. most of the time, the dealers were pricks who didn't really give a shit.
i hate it when they say shit like, "this price is so low that i won't make ANY money off this". what a load of bullshit.

Zero102
03-26-2005, 04:57 PM
Well, if they say they never charged you a deposit, and you have a bill stating they charged you, shouldn't they be looking into their accounting/sales department to find out who's stealing money??
*hint hint*

vietdood
03-26-2005, 05:12 PM
my uncle ripped off the dealership without knowing it. he traded in his civic which looked very clean and during the time he had it he only had a fender bender which he told the dealership about. the dealership thought they were getting a really good deal offering $12500 for his civic to trade for a suv, so the sales manager didn't bother doing a background check because it was so clean. about 2 months later when the civic was about to sell at the dealership the customer does a vin check to find out the car has been written off before, so they call my uncle telling him to return the suv and take his civic back giving him a full refund of his monthly payments and call it even. my uncle told them to fuk off because the paper work was all done so they threatened legal action and hung up. never bothered him since. so basically he ripped them off about $7000-$8000 a written off car traded in would only get about $4000-$5000

dealership 0
little guy 1

ehos
03-26-2005, 07:45 PM
And they probably took that civic and sold it for 14G's :)

Dealerships never lose. They have time and people come to THEM. How much sweeter could it get? Not to mention everytime they sell a car, they have a customer for life for their 80/hr service department.

And they have some pretty dregotory names for all the customers that come up.

Not to mention the 100's of 'scams' (outright) and not so blatant they pull.

Hollywood
03-26-2005, 07:48 PM

This car?

Yup, thats the one. Had it down to 36k all taxes in.

Feb. 2005. The whole left side was repainted for some reason, and the paint job is of poor quality, definitely not Lexus work. There are white (primer) spots in the paint called "fish eye's" They are most prominent in the driver rear quarter panel near the gas tank door, but run all down the left side of the car if you look in the proper light. Also if you open the rear door on the driver side you will see the tape marks from the new paint job. The rear and front bumpers have also been poorly quick sprayed to hide imperfections.

Engine power seemed below par compaired to others I drove, too. Could have been 87 gas over 91 though. 91 is reccomended.

ryder_23
03-27-2005, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by vietdood
my uncle ripped off the dealership without knowing it. he traded in his civic which looked very clean and during the time he had it he only had a fender bender which he told the dealership about. the dealership thought they were getting a really good deal offering $12500 for his civic to trade for a suv, so the sales manager didn't bother doing a background check because it was so clean. about 2 months later when the civic was about to sell at the dealership the customer does a vin check to find out the car has been written off before, so they call my uncle telling him to return the suv and take his civic back giving him a full refund of his monthly payments and call it even. my uncle told them to fuk off because the paper work was all done so they threatened legal action and hung up. never bothered him since. so basically he ripped them off about $7000-$8000 a written off car traded in would only get about $4000-$5000

dealership 0
little guy 1

Dealerships get cars that have been written off before all the time. They always take a risk when taking in a used car, and sometimes have to fork over alot just to get it up to par. I know this since i've worked at a dealership, that got in cars, that wouldnt even seem road worthy. I find it hard to believe they pulled this on you, they would just kick themselves in the balls, and take the hit. And if your uncle got a used vehicle, good chance that it could have been messed up before, and that the loss they took on the civic, was made up by how much they ripped him off on the price of the SUV.

vietdood
03-27-2005, 05:31 AM
Originally posted by ryder_23

Dealerships get cars that have been written off before all the time. They always take a risk when taking in a used car, and sometimes have to fork over alot just to get it up to par. I know this since i've worked at a dealership, that got in cars, that wouldnt even seem road worthy. I find it hard to believe they pulled this on you, they would just kick themselves in the balls, and take the hit. And if your uncle got a used vehicle, good chance that it could have been messed up before, and that the loss they took on the civic, was made up by how much they ripped him off on the price of the SUV.

they threaten to use legal action as a scare tactic so my uncle would take back the suv to them. the suv he bought was brand spanking new

69cougar
03-27-2005, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by vietdood

dealership 0
little guy 1

You better hope for you uncles sake that he didn't fill in a trade in decleration which many dealers are using these days. If he did and did not disclose the "status" of the vehicle then he has committed Fraud under the Criminal Code and could be prosecuted. Don't get me wrong I don't care for the stealerships BUT I dont support anyone getting defrauded.

KGB
03-27-2005, 01:08 PM
i learned my lesson with dealerships, before u buy a car from them they will lick your asshole if u asked them too, after u buy the car from them they just treat you like shit, u find out that they lie about things and this is was at "High Class dealership" too

PS T&T Honda is a very good place my family bought a car there once service is always great and i had my car inspected there as well very nice people:thumbsup:

biggie_82
03-27-2005, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by KGB

PS T&T Honda is a very good place my family bought a car there once service is always great and i had my car inspected there as well very nice people:thumbsup:

Agreed, although I don't think too highly of their sales department their service department is definitely outstanding.

CalgarySupra
03-27-2005, 07:43 PM
yeah that honda dealership on 32ave needs some manners. i called about a supra they were selling about 3-4 years ago, they were so rude, i asked how many km , they were like, "why does it matter?" in a rude tone. whatever.

method
03-27-2005, 07:45 PM
it's a dealership... no surprises there. I hate car sales with a passion.

Melinda
03-27-2005, 11:03 PM
Yep, I'm searching for a car right now and I have found some of the dealerships (specifically VW and Honda) to be quite brutal with lying and their service...generally rude or extremely dishonest sales people. It's really freaking frustrating. I'm going out of town in a month and I want to have my new car before I leave. However, I'm growing so distrustful in sales people that I have almost given up looking. Guess it's back to private sales...

BlkMaxima
03-27-2005, 11:11 PM
That's gay all the people on tis thread should go down there with you just to intimidate him LOL:bigpimp:

Speed_69
03-27-2005, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by A790

If not, do what I did to Calgary Hyundai Suzuki...

Camp outside their lot with a few buddies and some signs that proclaim your issues to people as they enter. Stop cars on their way in, let them know your story, and we'll see whats up.

I did that for six hours, and boom, my deposit was in my hands :)

Good luck though.
yea you should do what this guy did. sounds like a good idea!
just get a few buddies and a whole bunch of us fellow beyond members to help you out.

90Tegra
03-27-2005, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by KGB
i learned my lesson with dealerships, before u buy a car from them they will lick your asshole if u asked them too, after u buy the car from them they just treat you like shit, u find out that they lie about things and this is was at "High Class dealership" too

wow so true

rockym20
03-28-2005, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by 69cougar

You better hope for you uncles sake that he didn't fill in a trade in decleration which many dealers are using these days. If he did and did not disclose the "status" of the vehicle then he has committed Fraud under the Criminal Code and could be prosecuted. Don't get me wrong I don't care for the stealerships BUT I dont support anyone getting defrauded.

It's only fraud if you knowingly lie on the decleration. If he purchased the vehicle used, then it is highly likely he didn't know it was previously written off.

peter.pan
03-28-2005, 02:37 PM
got my first new car from Calgary Honda, not too happy with the sales guy but all my servicing done there was good, gave them a second chance when I was looking to buy my next new car and they seemed so shaddy, the sales guy was like the usuall I guess:oh we have a new manager in right now, he will sign off on this once in a lifetime deal. The price was not what I wanted plus they were going to screw me on my trade, went to T&T had no problems, I was giving them a "skinny deal" but they were willing to do the deal on my terms. My girl does sales for Chrisler and helped my nagotiate the deal so that helped.

About the credit card just call them and they should give you the money back as the dealer will have no record to prove otherwise.
good luck

69cougar
03-28-2005, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by rockym20

It's only fraud if you knowingly lie on the decleration. If he purchased the vehicle used, then it is highly likely he didn't know it was previously written off.

Your correct. When he registered the car the status would be "repaired" He would have been told when he renewed his registration or got the vehicle registered to review the info and would have seen the repaired. A good crown or lawyer if it were to go civil could argue that there was some willfull blindness on their part.

I dont wont to rant but just want people to be aware of thnks :confused:

Hollywood
03-28-2005, 06:07 PM
**OK. TODAY'S RESULTS!**

Suddenly they had all the paperwork and info of my deposit when I brought them my credit card statement.....Ghay!

Took around 15 min to get it back too, took them that long to figure out they took the money...:thumbsdow

max_boost
03-28-2005, 11:32 PM
It just baffles me why the dealer would tarnish their reputation by refusing to honor the refundable deposit and even going as far as saying what they said. Really shows the lack of character and incompetency of management, probably doesn't reflect on all that works there but doesn't take more than a couple morons to change people's attitudes/opinions towards the dealer as a whole. :banghead:

Reminds me of Calgary BMW keeping rage2's deposit, which he never got back. :thumbsdow

BokCh0y
03-28-2005, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
It just baffles me why the dealer would tarnish their reputation by refusing to honor the refundable deposit and even going as far as saying what they said. Really shows the lack of character and incompetency of management, probably doesn't reflect on all that works there but doesn't take more than a couple morons to change people's attitudes/opinions towards the dealer as a whole. :banghead:

Reminds me of Calgary BMW keeping rage2's deposit, which he never got back. :thumbsdow

seriously? that's gay. i've never heard of dealerships keeping the deposit. totally not cool.