PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Gen Integra Owners. V.I.N help?

Seanith
03-26-2005, 05:38 PM
Hi guys, my gf is looking for her first car, and she has found a 1997 Integra that she is close to buying. When she gave me the VIN number however, it raised a bunch of red flags for me.
According to some sources, its VIN # should be something like

JH4DC4361VS000000

but instead it she was given

2BG5.....

Without seeing the car, i'm raising the :bullshit: flag.. can any of you guys verify that my doubts are true? This vin doesn't seem to be anything honda, and without looking at the car I can't determine what the VIN actually is. According to her and her uncle though it seems to check out when they checked the B.C registrations.. any help?

Also, were all 3rd gen integras made in Suzuka, Japan?

bennyhanna
03-26-2005, 05:57 PM
If your talking about ICBC registration, there are ways to show that the car you have is not the one you drive....Depends on the first owner and the first insurance rep.

Example

I drove a 2001 GTI 1.8T, but all my corresponding ICBC papers showed the car as a GOLF. Thus saving me $$ on insurance.

I know this has nothing to do with your VIN question, but I can tell you to ICBC an
ACURA is an Acura is an ACURA

Supa Dexta
03-26-2005, 05:58 PM
This may be of some help:

reading vin's (http://www.vinguard.org/vin.htm)

:)

edit..but #2 being made in canada?:confused:

Seanith
03-26-2005, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
This may be of some help:

reading vin's (http://www.vinguard.org/vin.htm)

:)

I actually have a sheet the specifically shows what an integra vin should look like. According to that link you sent me, this integra was
- made in canada
- made by Dodge
-made in 1995

:rolleyes:

Hopefully an Integra owner can chime in.. my intuition tells me something is afoot.. but who knows maybe she didn't give me the actual vin or something, but she says this is the # on the bill of sale and thats what they brought to the registry..

Supa Dexta
03-26-2005, 06:05 PM
haha, well than that didn't help much at all.. Weird though, I've used it before to look at a few things and it seemed to check out..

:dunno:

turbo'dGSR
03-26-2005, 07:43 PM
yea a '97 integra should have either 'dc2' for gsr and type R, or 'dc4' for ls, rs etc. 4 Door 97 should either be 'db8' for gsr or 'db7' for ls, rs etc.

code from 98 gsr:

JH4DC2382W...

Never heard of that "DBG5" vin your girl was given..

Seanith
03-26-2005, 07:51 PM
Thanks.. thats exactly what i thought. Sounds like this guy is trying to pull a fast one. Maybe this car is a salvage title or somethign that was so bad that it needed to be given a new vin number.. :dunno: :rolleyes:

Weapon_R
03-26-2005, 07:59 PM
That is not the right vin.

At the very least, it MUST have "DC" in there. J = japan, DC is the chassis, and if its not a GSr or ITR, it should read DC4

turbo'dGSR
03-26-2005, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Seanith
Thanks.. thats exactly what i thought. Sounds like this guy is trying to pull a fast one. Maybe this car is a salvage title or somethign that was so bad that it needed to be given a new vin number.. :dunno: :rolleyes:

is this guy in Calgary? you should go check it out for the curiosity of all of us..:)

asp integra
03-26-2005, 11:16 PM
my 94 teg starts JH4

Seanith
03-26-2005, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by turbo'dGSR

is this guy in Calgary? you should go check it out for the curiosity of all of us..:)

Yeah we are going to check it out again and see the actual vin number on the car. I expect something to be out of whack though.. the whole situation is sketchy.. i'll keep everyone posted!

Bucktown
03-27-2005, 04:02 AM
my gsr starts JH4DC2. if that helps at all

ryder_23
03-27-2005, 04:08 AM
Originally posted by Seanith

Yeah we are going to check it out again and see the actual vin number on the car. I expect something to be out of whack though.. the whole situation is sketchy.. i'll keep everyone posted!

Make sure to check vin in engine bay, door, and on the dash.

And yes as stated, make sure it reads DC..whatever (not sure what model your looking at)

Skyline_Addict
03-27-2005, 04:19 AM
yeah, ANY car made in japan starts with a J!