PDA

View Full Version : So? Who's been victimized by this flu thats circulating?

Ben
03-26-2005, 07:29 PM
Oh christ, I've got it hardcore.

Whole bunch of people at the office have it too, and I just got over a cold in february and so it's almost been like it's consecutive.

+1 Headache
+1 Fever
+1 Sore Throat
+1 Dry Cough
+1 Runny Nose now red and sore
+3 Boxes of cleenex
+5 Sneezes per minute
+3 Shitty sleeps
- 1 Voice
- 1 Long weekend down the shitter

= One Ben under the weather.

Went to the store today, left with:

+1 Bottle Cold-FX
+1 Bottle NyQuil, original green death fucking flavor
+1 Bottle DayQuil, orange mystery cream fuck.
+1 Box DayQuil Liquigels
+1 Box NyQuil Liquigels (extra drowsy)
+1 Box Buckleys Cough Cold and Flu 24h relief pack
+2 Halls Centers
+2 Alpine Gum
+2 boxes of Puffs Lotion uber soft tissues

Hopefully this huge concoction of pills and tonics will equate to feeling better soon.

I just finished an entire pot of green tea, and my nose is running like a faucet now.

Anyone else feel my pain?

sputnik
03-26-2005, 08:05 PM
I got hit with it 2 weeks ago. The flu symptoms were gone after 3-4 days however im STILL fighting a bit of a cough.

ColdFX is complete garbage. NyQuil/DayQuil is the only stuff that worked.

1badPT
03-26-2005, 08:16 PM
Yeah it ran its course with me a few weeks ago and like sputnik the flu part was over pretty quick but the cold symptoms stick around. I find to get rid of any flu, I grab every blanket in the house, wrap up in them and sweat it out (be sure to drink lots of fluids though).

Don't take too many of those pills because most of them have the same active ingredients (dextromethorphan) and having too much of that stuff is not fun (it will turn your snot into something as thick as toothpaste basically). If you get a sore throat, grab some bradosol or cepacol - both have an anaesthetic that numbs your throat. Most of the other junk on the market for coughs/colds doesn't really work.

Weapon_R
03-26-2005, 08:35 PM
Nyquil is good, but I just got off my nasty flu and drank boxloads of NeoCitran. That shit does wonders!

hockeybronx
03-27-2005, 03:06 AM
I haven't got it, but probably at least 20 people that I know have caught it over the last month.

Just remember to pound back the water while you have it, if I'm sick and I'm sitting around all day I try to drink 10 litres per day.

ryder_23
03-27-2005, 04:32 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Nyquil is good, but I just got off my nasty flu and drank boxloads of NeoCitran. That shit does wonders!

I just got off one too. And yeah, drink a cup of neo citran, within 20 minutes your out like a light, and i usually wake up feeling a hell of alot better the next day

Wildcat
03-27-2005, 04:57 AM
shit, im not going back to calgary for a while then, ill quarentine myself in lethbridge :rofl: that really sucks man, hope you get better.

1badPT
03-27-2005, 06:01 AM
oh almost forgot, Wildcat's suggestion works too-don't eat pussy! :D

EK 2.0
03-27-2005, 12:54 PM
Had it about a month ago...killed off everyone at work except for IntegraG2...he was popping Cold F/X like they was skittles y0!!

GTS Jeff
03-27-2005, 01:14 PM
Cure? Insane amounts of beef.

Wildcat
03-27-2005, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by 1badPT
oh almost forgot, Wildcat's suggestion works too-don't eat pussy! :D

especially hairy pussy, its a breeding ground for all kinds of bacteria. true story, you could have the best immune system in the world but once you go down on a girl your fucked, youll be bed ridden for weeks with god knows what.

finboy
03-27-2005, 04:04 PM
cold f/x really only works if you take it just when you start to get sick, otherwise it won't do a whole lot.

hope you get better soon man :dunno:

finboy
03-27-2005, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Wildcat

especially hairy pussy, its a breeding ground for all kinds of bacteria. true story, you could have the best immune system in the world but once you go down on a girl your fucked, youll be bed ridden for weeks with god knows what.

learn something new every day :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

90Tegra
03-27-2005, 07:43 PM
i had it for a whole week this month. one thing you should do is only rest somedays you might feel good and go out and it suddenly hits you again and you'll feel 10x worst. so stay in bed until you feel normal.

max_boost
03-27-2005, 09:25 PM
Not me :D

Haven't been sick in 1 year 9 months

I hope you get better Ben!

EK 2.0
03-27-2005, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

I hope you get better Ben!

knock wood Dai Lo...;)

pantharen
03-28-2005, 12:44 AM
last cold I had was in the early 90's, last flu I had was in the late 80's.

I had an infection in a gland in my face 6 weeks ago, does that count? It was so bad I actually had to goto the Hospital.

GTS Jeff
03-28-2005, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by max_boost

I hope you get better Ben! :rofl: I'm gonna start keeping count too...I think I'm at a year and half..

thanks to copious amounts of beef

JAYMEZ
03-28-2005, 02:20 AM
Lets see

Soar throat , feels like its bleeding
Nose stuffed and running like crraazy
Stomach kills
Ears popping
Sneezing all the damn time ( but they feel good when i do lol)

What a good easter :thumbsdow

sabad66
03-28-2005, 03:41 AM
I don't know if this is the same thing, but my brother in law had something called breakbone fever. I have never heard of it until today when he told me. Has anyone ever had that?

Kirbs17
03-28-2005, 04:52 AM
Havent had the flu for a year, but good fucking god, when it hit, ive never been that sick. Every damn joint in my body hurt, it hurt to get out of bed. For 2 days I couldnt do shit all. Coughing, sore thoat, it sucked. took a sudefed and a neocitren, passed right the fuck out. But yea ben, get better yo

Ben
03-28-2005, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi
Lets see

Soar throat , feels like its bleeding
Nose stuffed and running like crraazy
Stomach kills
Ears popping
Sneezing all the damn time ( but they feel good when i do lol)

What a good easter :thumbsdow

In a nutshell. Ugh!

Went out and had a good time tonight anyways, Bailies and Coffee ownz.

Thanks for the get well e.Wishes, I'm on the mend. Doubled up the NyQil dose last night, felt significantly better than before, done the same tonight, can already feel it. ;)

*insert Denis Leary here:
I love Nyquil man, I love it! I love it, I love it, I Love it! It's the best shit ever invented isn't it huh?! I love the name alone! NyQuil: Big N, Small Y, Big fucking Q!!! I love that fucking Q dont you? What a great advertising idea, put a huge fucking Q on the box. They'll get high and stare at it "The Q is talking to me, the Q is talking to me!" I love NyQil man, 'cause NyQil has never changed man, it's NEVER changed! All the other medicines now are doing that inner child thing: "We know theirs a small child inside of you so now we have grape and cherry and orange flavor." Not NyQuil, they still have the original GREEN DEATH FUCKING FLAVOR!!! You know why? 'Cause it doesn't matter what it tastes like, it's so strong you go "*gasp* Hey this stuff tastes like..." Bang you're in the coma already! "What happened?" "He said 'Tastes like' and he went right into the coma, it was unbelievable!'" We have reached a point where the over the counter drugs are actually stronger than anything you can buy on the street. It says on the back of the NyQuil Box, on the back of the box it says "May Cause Drowsiness". It should say "Dont make any fucking plans!".

NyQuil NyQuil NyQuil we love you, you giant fucking Q!!! And NyQuil is the secret for all you 12 step recovery program people. Yes, All you AA people NyQuil is the Key, it's the 13th fucking step! You can drink it, it's over the counter. Drink as much as you want! "Are you drunk?" "No, I have a cold!, same cold I've had for 2 years and I cant seem to shake it! I'm High as a kite and my teeth are green, Merry Fucking Christmas!"

abyss
03-28-2005, 09:05 AM
EVERYONE I know has gotten sick over the past month......when Hampstor started getting sick, I started taking vitamin c drops, and so far I haven't caught anything. I haven't been sick enough to stay in bed in over 2 years. yay! *knocks on wood*

KELSTAR
03-28-2005, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by sputnik
I got hit with it 2 weeks ago. The flu symptoms were gone after 3-4 days however im STILL fighting a bit of a cough.

ColdFX is complete garbage. NyQuil/DayQuil is the only stuff that worked.
same with me! but exactly 3 weeks of the cough now!!

GQBalla
03-28-2005, 01:44 PM
hrmm ive been sick for about 2 weeks now! ive had some crazy symptoms
first it was throat didn't hurt it felt like sandpaper for a day than it turned into a sorethroat. nose was running and i was sneezing like crazy for a day. throat started feelin better 3 days agos and i had a hard cough for about 1 week and a half with some massive amounts of phelgm!!

just started feelin better and having no parents around for 2 and a half weeks didn't make me feel better cause i was ewating all bad foods like take out and what not and i think its all very YEET HEY!!! (hot air)

~Leah~
03-28-2005, 02:46 PM
I've had it for a couple weeks now too.... ugh... shoot me!

temptress
03-28-2005, 09:32 PM
My mom got this flu and was in bed for 3 weeks, my best friend got it for 2 weeks, and I managed to only have it for under a week. Popped a few ephedrine, cleared up my sinuses. :thumbsup:

max_boost
03-28-2005, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

knock wood Dai Lo...;) I mean I'm not 100% immune or anything. From time to time I'll go through the morning with a bit of a sore throat, runny nose etc. But it's nothing that knocks me out. I'm usually all better by mid-day, or if I feel that I have some minor symptoms, drop a couple of contacts and I'm instantly better. It's nowhere near some of the things the other members are going through, and very thankful for that :D

The same goes for the rest of my family, rarely do we get sick. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that we are workaholics? Or we don't really go anywhere, always in the same place? I really have no clue.

Oh yah, I think sleeping 9+hours really helps too :D

JAYMEZ
03-28-2005, 11:23 PM
This cold is becoming a Pain in the ass , it will go away around mid day , then when im about to go to bed , i have a stuffed and runny nose and the throat starts to hurt. Grrrrrrrrr :banghead:

hampstor
03-29-2005, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by abyss
EVERYONE I know has gotten sick over the past month......when Hampstor started getting sick, I started taking vitamin c drops, and so far I haven't caught anything. I haven't been sick enough to stay in bed in over 2 years. yay! *knocks on wood*

AND TODAY she's sick and stayed home the whoooooooole day :D