PDA

View Full Version : Beyond Crusing, Soccer, Hockey, how about Golf anyone?

AllGoNoShow
03-27-2005, 08:06 PM
We got the cruises, winter hockey, spring/summer/fall soccer, would anyone be interested in a beyond golf game or tourney?

I know there is atleats a few of us here who play golf for fun, and I know of some fairly cheap and a central places to golf in Alberta, so it would work out for guys from Edmonton and Calgary to meet up around the Red Deer area, only 1.5 hours TOPS each way.

I also know of a few restaurants we always crash for the family tourneys and they do fairly well for an unexpected crash so we could go get some lunch and sit and chat after aswell.

How many people would be willing to go and post some more coments/suggestions/time suggestions when to go.

I'm thinking middleish of summer if we only want to have one for the first year, during a long weekend, most definatly a weekend.

Anyone up for it?

thinmyster
03-28-2005, 09:04 AM
id go :thumbsup:

youngbex
03-28-2005, 11:16 AM
you guys will get a lesson in golf if i go:rolleyes:

AllGoNoShow
03-28-2005, 11:32 AM
*cough* Non-competitive, out for fun *cough*

finboy
03-28-2005, 11:50 AM
depends on time/place, but sure, why no

AllGoNoShow
03-28-2005, 09:50 PM
Also what would you prefer, 9 or 18, powercarts could be a personal option or split between 2 members and share the driving.

One place I have gone to for the last few years is called Spirit Creek, it's just off of highway 2, well maintained course, cheap compared to a local calgary course.

http://www.members.shaw.ca/spiritcreek/index.htm
is the website for green fees.

I will be trying to find some other sites of courses around the red deer area, if anyone knows of any suggest one.

AllGoNoShow
03-30-2005, 02:49 AM
Seems liek theres alot of poeple from Calgary and not many from Edmonton so maybe we could do somethign closer to calgary. There is abunch of guys who wnat to organize somethign inside calgary but they seem to be much more competitive/pro compared to going out for fun.

lude_grl
03-30-2005, 09:16 AM
im in

thinmyster
03-30-2005, 01:45 PM
yeah no city courses overpriced and not very good over all courses. something outside the city would be best kananaskis is always an awesome choice. Plus i still look like a junior member to them :dunno: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

AllGoNoShow
03-30-2005, 01:52 PM
Good looks liek we got a little interest for a few of us to go out, now we shoudl find date + course. Any suggestions for good cheaper courses outside the city? I only know Central alberta cheap courses.

sputnik
03-30-2005, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by thinmyster
yeah no city courses overpriced and not very good over all courses. something outside the city would be best kananaskis is always an awesome choice. Plus i still look like a junior member to them :dunno: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Mt Kidd and Lorette are great courses. However it would be almost impossible to get tee times for a group of people on either of the courses on a weekend.

AllGoNoShow
03-30-2005, 02:00 PM
Well if need be we can make it later and give everyone a chance to get a day off work or something.

crazydave
04-09-2005, 06:58 PM
im game for a round of golf!:D

AllGoNoShow
04-10-2005, 01:04 AM
Sounds good.

Should we keep it Calgary or outside of Calgaryish guys?

Got any suggestions for good courses out around here, I only know cheap central alberta courses.

ecstasy_civic
04-10-2005, 03:55 PM
im in, especailly if dubbd ed is on my team:rofl:

Phats
04-10-2005, 05:07 PM
I could be down for it depending on the day, the drive to k-country would be nice too considering we are a car club :thumbsup: