PDA

View Full Version : The Fast Lane R32 GTR

Pages : [1] 2

BlkMaxima
03-27-2005, 08:13 PM
At this car dealership they have a Skyline R32 GTR, it is Gun Metal in color. I wanted to buy it. It is in pretty good condition lower mileage, aftermarket intercooler, piping, exhaust, intake and turbo timer. They are asking $23000. I no longer want to drive it because when I went for a ride in it with the salesperson. He drove the living crap out of it. The first thing this guy did when he left the lot was drift it around a the corner of 42 ave and Maclead Tr. I thought he was going to lose control because it looked like he was panicking pretty bad. Luckily he got control back and continued driving like a retard. Then he stoped on one of the back roads and tells me he is going to try to launch it so I could see how fast it was. I didn't mind but what really surprised me is that farther up the road there was a large thick plastic bag on the road. It was big enough to have a dead body in but he kept accelerating right at it. He ran it right over I tought it was gonna take the bumper off. When we got back to the dealership he started bragging about how he gets to drive it home everynight and how he raced a corvette on Macleod Tr. and spanked it. So I figure if he drives it like that with a customer in the car I can only imagine what he does when he has it alone and goes out racing it after work. This is why I don't want it anymore, I'll probly just import my own now. I wouldn't recommend buying it but if you just want a fast ride in a skyline go talk to sales people at The Fast Lane on Maclead. These guys have to be Retarded!!!!

v8killah
03-27-2005, 08:18 PM
HAHAH Hilarious.... so how fast was it:)

but seriosuly i don't know how people like this keep their jobs, the owner of the shop must be just as stupid.

BlkMaxima
03-27-2005, 08:23 PM
It was pretty fast he said he beat a Z06 the other day. I thought it was pretty damn fast for an almost stock car.

Redlyne_mr2
03-27-2005, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by BlkMaxima
It was pretty fast he said he beat a Z06 the other day. I thought it was pretty damn fast for an almost stock car.
:bullshit: That guy has no clue what he's talking about, there is no way it would take out a z06 unless it has some decent mods on it.

BlkMaxima
03-27-2005, 08:31 PM
Maybe not but I think he would get a pretty sweet lead on it off the line. I think he said it was from one set of lights to another on Maclead so he might have been in front by the time they started slowing down for the next light but on the quarter I think the Vette would win.

Akagi Redsuns
03-27-2005, 09:18 PM
I saw that GTR the other day when driving northbound on McLeod Tr.....surprised me. The front end of the car looks a bit off though.

I usually don't mind it when the salesguy drives the crap out of a demo car....but not the actual car you are going to be buying. Not a smart move.

Supa Dexta
03-27-2005, 10:15 PM
Yeah the guy's there seem sketchy... He talks about some weird crap.. I was looking at one car and he kept trying to sell me some of the junk they have laying around, at about 8k less than I was trying to spend!.. thats some salesman!

Also I was parked at the lights one day, looking in at that car... something seemed off to me as well, but I can't remember what exactly it was...

:dunno:

BlkMaxima
03-27-2005, 10:53 PM
Maybe the Bag he ran over was stuck under it or something but also he tried to tell me that on the front bumper above the intercooler. The two vent on either side of it are not stock. But I find it weird how most stock skyline GTR's have these vents!!!

BlkMaxima
03-27-2005, 10:56 PM
These vents

Speed_69
03-27-2005, 11:02 PM
is it the old guy with the glasses? if so, that guy is so fcukin stupid!! i've went there before to look around and he bullshits alot about his cars and he knows nothing. just my opinion.

Euro_Trash
03-27-2005, 11:10 PM
Well good time for you I guess, shitty deal for him considering a lot of people considering buying skylines probably see this forum

BlkMaxima
03-27-2005, 11:26 PM
No it wasn't the older guy with glasses it was a younger fire crotch guy.

(Nothing against Red Heads)

Kaos
03-28-2005, 12:48 AM
The younger guy stopped in at tunerworks while I was pulling up.
Guy thought it was cool to rev his motor as I drove up, doing a burn out as he left.
MAJOR GOOF.
Car is in bad shape and the price for it is insane.

mx73someday
03-28-2005, 01:31 AM
These vents

Those "vents" are stock/optional for GT-R, it's not aftermarket, hence why they are so common.

cman
03-28-2005, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by Kobe
http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detailinfo.aspx?ID=8293125&pgno=1

is that the car??

im pretty sure it is, the link in that advertisment is to the fastlane website. which is where he said it was.

BlkMaxima
03-28-2005, 02:01 AM
Thank You for proving my point that this guy is a Retard!!

Yes that is the car but the picture is not the right car!

BlkMaxima
03-28-2005, 02:52 AM
Here is a Better description of the car: 1989 Nissan Skyline GTR, 88000 KM's, Mines intercooler, Mines 3" Exhaust, Mines intakes, turbo timer, Old school Alpine CD Player, No speakers, Mines Gauges, Blitz Boost Gauge, New clutch, brakes getting replaced with brembos. They are asking $23000 I think this car should be worth high teens maybe? Here are some pics of the car.[URL=http://www.finerides.ca/index.php?option=com_hotproperty&task=view&id=2&Itemid=47]

BlkMaxima
03-28-2005, 02:56 AM
Pic of Vents

three.eighteen.
03-28-2005, 03:30 AM
that looks friggin terrible...maybe idiot guy actually wrecked the front bumper doing stupid shit like that and they had to retrofit another cars r32 knockoff body kit front?

ex1z7
03-28-2005, 03:35 AM
The bumper looks melted/twisted. Doesn't look like a genuine gtr .. maybe a GTS-T or GTS.. w/ GT-R hood/grill.

and no, they should not be crooked at all.

RickDaTuner
03-28-2005, 03:41 AM
burnout? drift? looking like a gts-t not a GTR Import conern has a few for sale right now, all in the 15k range, im looking into one for myself. i think i shall stop by the fast lane tomm and see what all the fuss over this car and guy is :rolleyes:

BlkMaxima
03-28-2005, 03:46 AM
No it is definately a GTR Because it also has the RB26DETT motor and I have never in my life feel a RWD car hook up like that off the line. It also has the GTR seats but it is in rough shape.

youngbex
03-28-2005, 11:31 AM
wow, what a nut, you dont drive like that when you are trying to sell hte car!!!!!!!!!

ZorroAMG
03-28-2005, 12:05 PM
Fastlane is such bullshit, those guys are rip off artists selling shitty cars they know nothing about. Glad to hear another person shares my sentiments

euro_racer
03-28-2005, 12:20 PM
as far as i've heard that gt-r was at the races this saturday night and that's were he took the corvette.......how these people think they gonna sell this "not so common" car if they keep getting spotted raping the shit out of it?

Akagi Redsuns
03-28-2005, 12:34 PM
That's what was off about it...... the vents are not only crooked....but the left one has more angle than the right one. Looks awfull......and I really love the R32 GT-R.

Good luck trying to sell it. At least it's taking to beatings well.....at least so far.

BlkMaxima
03-28-2005, 01:47 PM
Ya I think the Driver side vent is actually cracked and thats probably why it looks so crooked!

BumpinTalon
03-28-2005, 01:51 PM
well I want a fast ride in a Skyline, I might go check it out just for fun :D

BlkMaxima
03-28-2005, 06:11 PM
Ya have fun let me know what you thought of it!

BlkMaxima
03-28-2005, 11:22 PM
Pic of the Car with rims But I think it still has the stock ones on it!

naofd3s
03-30-2005, 03:08 AM
Hi all. It is good hear some comment about this car. I'm the one who import from japan and sold to the guy at first lane on few weeks ago. This car was my company project and I was gonna fix the body and etc. Front bumper damage was from shipping. The car was actuary shifted forward in cargo then damaged. This car got no report on accident in Japan( I can't garantee with fender vender because well just because) any way, I sold this because I need more space for my next shipment. Well it is sad to see that he want to sell as is (not even fixing cosmetic part of the car) I'm not against this seller but please be aware RB26DETT got more than enogh power and torqu to cook the clutch with few signal races. please be aware of that.
Hopefully This car will be at sweet home soon.
NAO
RHD auto :closed:

BlkMaxima
03-30-2005, 03:40 AM
You Drive two RX-7's and a R32 GTR???

Aren't you lucky!!

Doesn't it bother you that the car you sold him is being treated like that??

Scat
03-30-2005, 06:54 PM
Poor car. Hopefully it sells soon so it doesn't have to take that abuse anymore. $23k is a little steep though.

Boost Infested
03-30-2005, 07:13 PM
WTF! they took the gtr wheels off of it? WHAT A FUCKING MORON! CHRIST!

BlkMaxima
03-30-2005, 07:15 PM
LOL stock wheels worth more!!!! But the rubber on them is bald probly caused by them though

naofd3s
03-31-2005, 02:40 AM
It is bother me a lot BlkMaxima, but I can't help it. unless I buy back from the guy.

BlkMaxima
03-31-2005, 03:32 AM
Ya probly not a good Idea. Well as long as you made money right!

240droptop
03-31-2005, 02:09 PM
Hey I went and checked out this car while I was in town the front bumper "vents" look like they were made by someone I'm assumeing that was you naofd3s there not the best cut job and with the one being cracked you can see that. I didnt get to go for a ride in it cause the owner said he hit a bump really hard and now hes got a boost leak somewhere
:rolleyes: I'm hopeing he drops his price so thsi car can go to a better owner just my 2 cents

BlkMaxima
03-31-2005, 04:36 PM
I knew he would break it before it sold what a moron!!!

QuasarCav
03-31-2005, 04:43 PM
That place is pure shit, there was a thread about them the other day and it's pretty certain that they suck.

I went looking for a Integra there and he had a nice red 92 for about 6g's. 5 min of looking at it and I was out of there. I couldn't count the amount of things wrong with it.

naofd3s
04-01-2005, 01:35 AM
The vent on the car were aftermarket product. It call Nismo duct(The Nismo made own version of the GTR. They had the duct on the front bumper, food gurd? rear mini spoiler) it was popular product for the BNR32. I'm pretty sure it is not the real version of it because Nismo GTR were available on July 1990. The privious owner back in Japan add on the duct and mini spoiler. anyway If any one interest to buy this from the guy and need to fook up the parts, please let me know. I can get you the parts from Japan. This is sad to heare the story.
NAO
RHD AUTO:banghead:

Skyline_Addict
04-01-2005, 02:11 AM
hmmm it's an automatic? what a waste of a RB26DETT!
and that bumper looks like shit....even the paint looks like crap.

BlkMaxima
04-01-2005, 12:23 PM
No it is a Standard not automatic!:)

youngbex
04-01-2005, 03:18 PM
lol i went there with droptop240 , and i couldnt test drive it, cause it hit a bump and now its leaking boost

qmf
04-01-2005, 03:42 PM
gotta hate those bumps that create boost leaks..........

calgarys13
04-01-2005, 07:06 PM
rb26 never came in auto form and also its quite easy to create a boost leak if you hit a bump in the wrong place

TypeS
04-02-2005, 01:26 PM
I think it's safe to say "stay away" from this car...man the front end of a 32 GTR is so sexy, I've never looked at one before and puked like i did to this one:barf:

LittleAngel
04-03-2005, 11:17 AM
YA that car was with the street racers last nite, we decided to check them out to see what they were like (pretty boring and stupid ), and that skyline was racing with his D-plate on LOL, smelled like burning clutch when he got back, guy just bags on the car, and looks kinda beat up.

Kinda stupid to street race that car when it is suppose to be for sale...

calgarys13
04-03-2005, 02:34 PM
ahah it just got a brand new clutch at autodream to...good to see hes breaking it in properly

lastprodigy
04-03-2005, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by LittleAngel
YA that car was with the street racers last nite, we decided to check them out to see what they were like (pretty boring and stupid ), and that skyline was racing with his D-plate on LOL, smelled like burning clutch when he got back, guy just bags on the car, and looks kinda beat up.

Kinda stupid to street race that car when it is suppose to be for sale...

"see what they were like hey" :rolleyes: isnt that everyones excuse....keep it on the track!

LittleAngel
04-03-2005, 03:40 PM
haha i never raced, and neither did anyone that i was with. we went to see how many people actually turn out at these things, we stayed at where they race for about 15 minutes...

calgarys13
04-03-2005, 08:19 PM
many people go there just to laugh....i went last night and it was hilarious to see a guy in a red 85 crx 1.5 with purple and red flashing headlights drive up and rev the shit out of his car...

BlkMaxima
04-03-2005, 08:40 PM
I think I'll stick to Friday nights at race city

Seems to be less people getting tickets there

I wonder why:dunno:

LittleAngel
04-03-2005, 09:51 PM
actually amazing enough that tim hortons where they meet up there was about 5 cops, and they wernt giving out tickets or talking to anyone at all...

they arnt gonna ticket u for sitting around watching people... u know how long it would take to write up all those tickets, there is easily 100 people there the only way ur gonna get a ticket is if you are stupid to race your car

talonboi
04-04-2005, 08:45 AM
actually amazing enough that tim hortons where they meet up there was about 5 cops, and they wernt giving out tickets or talking to anyone at all...

they arnt gonna ticket u for sitting around watching people... u know how long it would take to write up all those tickets, there is easily 100 people there the only way ur gonna get a ticket is if you are stupid to race your car

actually, with 5 cops there, it'll be pretty easy to give 5 tickets to people with "illegal" modifications ie. exhaust systems are the most obvious, cuzz all they have to do is look at it, rather then making u pop ur hood open and stuff like that...

safe to say, if u drive a "modded" car, stay away from that tim hortons, even if ur not there for the "races" its one big trap

i was around that area, then i got pulled over, by rcmp, gave me a ticket, my tip was too big, but on the ticket it says i was pulled over at/or near strathmore:dunno:

but not to get taken away from the topic at hand...sumeone should really write a letter to fast lane...thats a nice cars, driven to shit...whut a waste

BlkMaxima
04-04-2005, 01:58 PM
Did what's his nuts race the car at those bullshit races.

It looks like the only way this car is going to sell is if a unsuspecting first time buyer or maybe even an out of town buyer.

:thumbsdow :cry:

hampstor
04-05-2005, 08:04 AM
my friend always goes and races at those stupid races... i keep telling him he's gonna get caught one day. He goes to Race City maybe 1 out of 20 times at the street races :cry:

Speed_69
04-05-2005, 09:18 AM
so what time do they meet up at the tim hortons? i just want to go one time and check it out. is it the tim hortons in erin woods?

canadian_hustla
04-05-2005, 10:53 AM
somewhere around Glenmore and 52st I think. If you are coming from Glenmore once you hit 52nd make a left at the lights, and then I think it is 2 or 3 blocks down.

and i would say around 11:00 would be a good time (well the best time for a shitty meeting anyways)

A790
04-05-2005, 02:22 PM

Right.

My buddies were down there last weekend. One drives a white taurus with "Tomaz" on the winshield, the other a 1989 Skyline GTS-t Type M, and a Pontiac Fiero. All 3 of them got tickets as they were leaving.

They didn't race, they were just leaving. The Skyline got tickets for no reflectors, the taurus got a ticket for "running a yellow light" and the Fiero got a ticket for having pod lights on his rear bumper (that came there stock, by the way).

I stay the hell away from there in the Silvia... that's just begging for a ticket.

DonJuan
04-05-2005, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by calgarys13
many people go there just to laugh....i went last night and it was hilarious to see a guy in a red 85 crx 1.5 with purple and red flashing headlights drive up and rev the shit out of his car...
When he actually ran it down the strip, he lost at least 2 cyinders midway, and parked it. I left soon after, entirely too many stupid ass cars and too many stupid ass kids doin stupid ass drugs causing them to do stupid ass things. Maybe it'll be better next time..... or not

BlkMaxima
04-05-2005, 04:15 PM
Did they get the boost leak fixed???

BlkMaxima
04-05-2005, 04:40 PM
Oh I doubt it is fixed then I think that guy would probly just drive it anyway and make it worse!

youngbex
04-05-2005, 04:58 PM
probebly, cause something it must have been one big bump, cause he wouldnt even start it for me????

chris
04-05-2005, 10:36 PM
wow, what happened to that front end? that is a shady looking dealership, i would never buy anything from there

Lo)2enz0
04-06-2005, 04:51 PM
I bought my car from a shaddy dealership and look at what happened, the car rusted to hell, my car is a pos and when I first got the car they told me the clutch was awsome but it was messed.

But damn who did the ghetto vents. that isn't oem, look at the angle, its like someone had a little fun with there sissors

TurboMedic
04-06-2005, 05:56 PM
I can't believe they're asking 23K for that piece of shit

Kobe
04-06-2005, 05:58 PM
forgot to take pics, but also the left side of the car looks like it hit something, the paint is ruined.. about 7 inches wide and long...

TypeS
04-06-2005, 10:26 PM
holy f*ck fire this guy

Neil4Speed
04-06-2005, 10:46 PM
Doesn't this guy understand that they are $15k from Import Concern?

finboy
04-06-2005, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by calgarys13
ahah it just got a brand new clutch at autodream to...good to see hes breaking it in properly

yea, they told him to take it easy for the first 900 km's, hmmmmmmm

youngbex
04-07-2005, 08:48 AM
hahahaha that car is never gonna sell, escpecially if it keeps hitting bumps:rolleyes:

A790
04-14-2005, 08:31 PM
Holy fuck! This guy lives in Chestermere! I saw it parked in his driveway.

Man oh man.

BlkMaxima
04-14-2005, 08:39 PM
HAHAHAHAHA what a retard

Kobe
04-14-2005, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by A790

Man oh man.

This might be a new owner.. didn't see it at the fast lane today, and i drove by like 3 different times...

BlkMaxima
04-14-2005, 09:25 PM
weird you think it might of SOLD then

naofd3s
04-14-2005, 11:36 PM
No I don't think so.

A790
04-14-2005, 11:38 PM
weird you think it might of SOLD then

Seeing as how it still has a dealer plate on it and "Fine Rides!" plastered on the rear winshield, I doubt it.

mdeleon
04-14-2005, 11:53 PM
i knew i recognized this car...i was at autodream the night they were replacing the clutch...i remember it cuz of the messed up vent..haha. but the car actually ran good when they test drove it after the replacement. it's gone a long way since then i guess....what a waste.

BlkMaxima
04-14-2005, 11:55 PM
Good!!! The longer they have the car the more shit that guy can break and the more the price will go down the more money they will lose because of his own stupidity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

youngbex
04-15-2005, 01:03 PM
yep, must have fixed that boost leak:rolleyes:

Akagi Redsuns
04-15-2005, 01:33 PM
It's back on the parking lot on McLeod Tr this afternoon.

lam-boy
04-15-2005, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by A790

Man oh man.

yeah he does, hes my cousins neighbour, hes a nice guy though, invited us into his house and such to watch movies and such with him.

youngbex
04-15-2005, 03:39 PM
someone should go there and ask about the boost leak

garagefujimoto
04-15-2005, 07:14 PM
this is the only good bump this gtr will ever see------>

------------> bump for a big piece that should have been crushed to make japanese manhole covers, nice car, but not that one

A790
04-16-2005, 11:31 AM
I don't know if hes a good guy or not, I'm just going by the condition of the car and the outrageous price they're asking.

youngbex
04-17-2005, 11:15 AM
hahahahah, they are never going to sell that car

BlkMaxima
04-17-2005, 03:04 PM
Well definately not to anyone on Beyond unless they want a project car!!!

Wes
04-22-2005, 01:26 PM
Well, the cost of the car went up another $500 so its now $23,500. Guess they needed to cover the cost of the repairs to the front bumper. :dunno:

quote from fine rides site: "some damage to the front bumper but it will be fixed it will not be sold as is."

240droptop
04-23-2005, 12:31 PM
ahh geeze:rolleyes:

JAYMEZ
04-23-2005, 01:07 PM
Yah I saw this at the macleod place again , whats going on with this POS?

JordanEG6
04-23-2005, 01:31 PM
that GTR looks terrible...i would mos def not buy that peice of shit for 23000 when u can get a better GTR off import concern for like 10 Gs less. :thumbsdow BOOOOOOUURNS on fastlane autos

A790
04-23-2005, 02:06 PM
I don't know about $10,000 or less, but you probably get one for around $8000 less than what they are asking.

69cougar
04-23-2005, 02:08 PM

BerserkerCatSplat
04-24-2005, 02:43 PM
Spotted it on Sarcee Trail this afternoon, the front end isn't repaired, and that engine sounds pretty rough. That front vent looks terrible in person.
A younger blonde guy was driving, not sure if that's the salesman.

Supa Dexta
04-24-2005, 06:06 PM
yeah it was a younger blond guy I was talking to the day I was there.... He wasn't helping sell cars the way he acted....

civicrider
04-24-2005, 06:10 PM
:barf: what an ugly car, who would pay that much for that:dunno:

BlkMaxima
04-24-2005, 07:42 PM
This guy is a first class salesman LOL :drama:

jaysas_63
04-24-2005, 08:07 PM
somebody should send a link of this thread to his manager

can u say owned???:rofl:

Lo)2enz0
04-24-2005, 09:49 PM
If it was the one that was in the NW today, I feel sorry for it. it had 3 guys in it and they were weaving through traffic. I saw it on crowchild from the twelve mile coulee untill nose hill at about 4:30ish maybe??

I was a little pissed I was driving the truck and the sil80 was stuck at home