PDA

View Full Version : 6.0L Powerstroke (Engineering Blunder) : MERGED AGAIN

enostbuckle
03-25-2005, 10:12 PM
Notice to the owners and prospective buyers of the 6.0 liter “Powerstroke Turbo Diesel”.

If you’re encountering poor performance, poor economy & foul smelling emissions know that you’re not alone. The manufacturer has admitted to a major engineering blunder that we the consumer must be willing to allow our vehicles to undergo extensive alterations to rectify such problems. They claim that the engine was designed to run on no less than a 47 Cetane level which is found in all diesel fuels. The highest Cetane level however is a 45 found in Sunoco Gold. As if the ever rising cost of fuel wasn’t enough the manufacturer goes and designs an engine that requires expensive fuel additives to run. Aftermarket computer chips tend to help but be aware that this voids the factory warranty. Cummins & Duramax engines seem to run just fine on all types of diesel fuels so why should we the consumers be inconvenienced by the manufacturers inability to engineer a motor that runs on fuels that haven’t changed in years. If your thinking about purchasing a Powerstroke remember that you probably won’t smell the offensive emissions or encounter any performance problems until the vehicle has been driven for a few weeks so don’t base your decision on the test drive alone.

5.9 R/T
03-26-2005, 12:36 AM
I was wondering when this would pop up. I've been hearing rumblings of problems with the ford powertrain for a while now.

TurboMedic
03-26-2005, 12:50 AM
Hmm, we run the new 6L's in our ambulances, and we fill up wherever, no real qualms yet about this.....They sure are nicer than the old 7.4's though....

streetarab
03-26-2005, 11:06 AM
built ford tough :rolleyes:

pixil9
03-26-2005, 11:13 AM
yup.. my bud has an 05 harley davidson f350.. he's had it in the shop about 8 times in 4 months. He was idling it 24 hours a day at one point because it wouldn't even start when it was -10

enostbuckle
03-28-2005, 05:16 PM
I can't believe how many people are defending the 6.0L Powerstroke when the statistics speak for themselves. According to the 2004 J.D Power vehicle dependability study the Ford 6.0L Powerstroke has a 430% Problems Per 100 Units Sold Ratio. On the other hand the top rated diesel has a -41% Problems Per 100 Units Sold Ratio.

Also the Cost of Ownership statistic showing the 6.0L as the only diesel tested not saving the owners any money during the coarse of ownership over conventional gasoline engines.

I invite everyone to research these statistics before simply discarding this new found knowledge and becoming just another statistic yourself.

J.D Power Diesel vs. Hybrid is the report.

BerserkerCatSplat
03-28-2005, 05:43 PM
OK, all right we get it. Seriously, you don't need to make more than one thread about how much you happen to dislike the Powerstroke Deisel. One is enough.

Here's a link to your old one.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=81375

gorillam
03-28-2005, 06:05 PM
Just to let you know that statistics are because of a computer bug. Period, every single truck had to be reflashed, only a few owners had to bring it back. The 6.0 powerstroke is a much stronger engine then the duramax, however the cummings is the strongest period. Quit bashing it, you really dont know what you are talking about. I know a lot of diesel injection shops and mechanics that will back that up 100%

The allison has huuuge slipping problems. And the dodge tranny really cant handle the power all that well.

heavyD
03-29-2005, 03:15 PM
No need to re-post. People that don't drive Fords already know that Ford doesn't build a good vehicle, that's why they drive something else.

googe
03-29-2005, 03:48 PM
how do you get a negative amount of problem vehicles exactly?

iceburns288
03-29-2005, 05:51 PM
Yeah, the stats were confusing... 430 percent of owners had a problem? Negative percentages?:nut:

ninspeed
03-29-2005, 05:56 PM
windsor... must be a D-C lover.... just remeber who actually makes cummins motors....

Superesc
03-29-2005, 05:57 PM
Threads merged.

benyl
03-29-2005, 06:26 PM
This dude is just spamming Beyond. Above his little post about percentages, there isn't anyone "defending" the powerstroke as he suggests.

gorillam
03-29-2005, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by benyl
This dude is just spamming Beyond. Above his little post about percentages, there isn't anyone "defending" the powerstroke as he suggests.

Well I do defend the powerstoke, International makes great diesel engines. And the 7.3 and 6.0 are both GREAT diesel engines. I have only heard of /seen/felt 1 problem with my uncles 6.0 and that was just a reflash of the computer. No problems yet with his 6.0 or 2001 7.3 Diesel.

enostbuckle
03-30-2005, 07:46 AM
Hey guys I just recieved an e-mail from an engineer in Germany assigned to help me with my fumes inside the passenger compartment problems. He states and I quote that the 6.0L Powerstroke has a common problem with the turbocharger inlet tubes cracking. He also says this problem is more prevelant in cooler climates. He seems to think that this is the cause of the fumes and bad odor and wishes the van be taken to Dearborn Michigan for the proper diagnoses and repair. I assured him that this could not be my problem being as the turbo has already been replaced and he says it's a repair often performed improperly and would like to check before any further diagnostic measures are taken. Also I'm told that fumes released at the turbocharger before proper ignition and filtration at the catalytic could and most certainly would cause one bodily harm.

hampstor
03-30-2005, 08:40 AM
what is it with you and starting more and more threads about this :banghead:

use the existing thread !

lastprodigy
03-30-2005, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by googe
how do you get a negative amount of problem vehicles exactly?

maybe 4.3 problems per vehicle or something :dunno:

BerserkerCatSplat
03-30-2005, 02:26 PM
Does it make you feel good to completely ignore our reccommendations that you should post in your previous threads?

Stop making new threads about your dislike of the Powerstroke, along with your rather suspect "information"

Someone ban this fool if he keeps it up. He doesn't read his own threads, and he just keeps on spamming.

:whocares: :closed:

enostbuckle
03-30-2005, 06:46 PM
Oh I read em brother just don't want to debate the facts just relay them.

My info whether factual or bogus comes from publications and good ole fashion researching via the net.

On the other hand the graphs and stat sheets you's post in your rebuttals appear to be generated by the manufacturer and your buying it hook, line & sinker.:drama:

BerserkerCatSplat
03-30-2005, 07:29 PM
^ Your title and sig are priceless! :rofl: :rofl:

To the Beyond mods/admins: You guys rock!

Zero102
03-30-2005, 10:02 PM
This is stupid.
Rather than debate the facts, he would rather create new thread after new thread....
If you don't like the engine, that's fine, say it once, that's fine, when you start this crap, it's not cool.

streetarab
03-31-2005, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSpl
^ Your title and sig are priceless! :rofl: :rofl:

To the Beyond mods/admins: You guys rock!
i was tryin to figure out why his title said that

you guys have too much fun.....:D

enostbuckle
03-31-2005, 08:59 PM
Does anyone besides myself get a pungent and I mean eye watering odor from the exhaust of the 05 Powerstroke. I've been around diesels for 20 years and have not experienced this type of foul odor and not just the usual smell of diesel but more of a raw fuel smell. The injectors are all good and the engine light has not come on indicating any emissions problems. I could use some feedback here.

BerserkerCatSplat
03-31-2005, 11:14 PM
^ Sucking exhaust fumes will generally make your eyes water. Just a thought.

I also makes you post yet more annoying threads, apparently.
:rofl: