PDA

View Full Version : where do they sell

That.Guy.S30
01-02-2003, 02:14 PM
infinity products.. i know future carries them.. ay other places?

Dope Dealer
01-02-2003, 04:02 PM
International Stereo carries them also, I believe.

mrmattyk
01-02-2003, 04:19 PM
Ya go there and find some girl named michelle, she is really hot! :D

That.Guy.S30
01-02-2003, 04:33 PM
i used to work at international stereo.. ahah
that place was a fun place to work at

That.Guy.S30
01-02-2003, 04:44 PM
how are the prices tho.. cuz i know from experience.. that international stereo is known for jackin the price up sky high..

mwmhong
01-02-2003, 05:01 PM
International has VERY pushy salespeople, it's borderline harassment.
You have to get out of the store quick before they pin you down and make you buy something from them. :nut:

That.Guy.S30
01-02-2003, 05:29 PM
haha yea it was our job to "become your frined" and know everythin about u.. or esle we got fired.. ahha same thing in soundsaround..

Weapon_R
01-02-2003, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by mwmhong
International has VERY pushy salespeople, it's borderline harassment.. :nut:

That is so true. It's just like soundsaround. When I was in International, some chick came over and tapped me. She's like "Hey, whats up?"

We started this long conversation (literally 20 mins), and honestly I never knew she was staff. I thought we went to high school together and I had forgotten her or something. Then she's like "So how do you like that amp?" etc etc...It was hilarious.

Then she's like "Are you sure you want that amp? I'm very busy, so if you're not gonna buy it I don't really wanna check the price". What a bitch! I told her to forget it since she was so busy, and that A&B sound was a 2 minute walk. So I went to A&B, they are awesome there (I dont know why anyone shops anywhere else! No pushiness, very helpful, and if you don't want it, they don't care). And I bought my amp :)

Dope Dealer
01-02-2003, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by surfertech
haha yea it was our job to "become your frined" and know everythin about u.. or esle we got fired.. ahha same thing in soundsaround..

I don't find Soundsaround people pushy.

But they always knock down the price if you are hesitant. Haha :)

That.Guy.S30
01-02-2003, 06:32 PM
they knock down the price to get u too buy it.. but its still a rip off once u find out what the real price is..

and yea they do pressure u.. my frined works there
they only do it becuase thats how they pay the bills..

mrmattyk
01-02-2003, 06:46 PM
At the soundsaround near elbow this ferocious guy or whatever works there, he is really annoying and followed me out to my car which was creepy :eek: ...

Ajay
01-02-2003, 07:51 PM
Soundsaround, Visions, and International Stereo work off the same type of system. They work primarily off of gross profit so if you're looking at car audio which has HUGE markup and if it has at least a 30 point margin the salesperson will sell you shit cause; 1) They'll make crazy cash if they sell it to you and 2) If you're hesitant to take it they have alot of room to negotiate.

Future Shop works off of a spiff system where everything you sell you make something offa!

A friend and I went into Soundsaround in Crowfoot to check out alarm/starter/pager units and the dude gave my buddy a quote for his truck for the Ultra Start....was about $850 installed and then he tried to tell us there's no mark up on this type of stuff. Ten minutes later we were talking to his manager and we had him down to $625 with GST. No markup my ASS!!

12V
01-03-2003, 12:51 AM
Even $625 for an "ultra start" is still a rip off!

Ajay
01-03-2003, 12:55 AM
I agreed...that's why we left it and went to Visions and looked at the Viper.

kaput
01-03-2003, 01:19 AM

RX-7_TWINTURBO
01-03-2003, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by kaput
haha yeah I got suckered at International Stereo, I walked in just lookin around and got ambushed with them trying to give me a free VIP card, but it was free so I figured why not. Supposedly I get a $50 gift certficate in the mail when it comes, but who knows.

One question though, it's supposed to be some sort of an instore credit card, so did I fuck with my credit rating by accepting this thing? Whats the worst that could happen?
if you dont use it you cant fuck up your credit

Ajay
01-03-2003, 02:41 AM
Yah if nothing's being spent on the card you can't really fuck up your credit rating!

Bad thing about those in store credit cards is the interest rate they carry. When I worked at A&B Sound we would get people to sign up on the A&B Sound Card to finance their purchases and the appeal was the 90 days no payments no interest thing but after the 90 days the interest rate is something insanely high, roughly 28%. Would never sign up on a FS, A&B, Soundsaround, Visions, or International Stereo card....better to just pay off the credit card and rack it back up again with purchases!

silverEL
01-07-2003, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by mrmattyk
At the soundsaround near elbow this ferocious guy or whatever works there, he is really annoying and followed me out to my car which was creepy :eek: ...

ya
Firoz
that guys soo funny, kinda pushy, and will only talk to you, if u have cash in hand.

Stratus_Power
01-08-2003, 12:16 AM
haha i got my share of experiences w/ sound surround :P I went shopping for digicam there one time.. they were selling for like 849 * onsale *.. and 10 mins later he said he would take 100 off if we buy it rite there on the spot... then another 5 mins later he said 150 off... and we were actually gonna buy it, but then it turns out he meant he will give us a free 150 to buy other stuff like flash card.. so we said we want 150 cash back or no deal.. he said no.. so we walked out.. then as soon as we open the car door he ran out and said fine 150 off. but we still took off anyway :P

good times good times

D'z Nutz
01-08-2003, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by silverEL

ya
Firoz
that guys soo funny, kinda pushy, and will only talk to you, if u have cash in hand.

And when he does talk to you, his sentances always end in "brotha"! Hahaha!

"I'll tell you what, my brotha! You bring some of your brothas here, and I'll give you brothas a good deal!" :rofl:

He hooked EG STyLeZ and I up with our shit. Pretty nice, but I don't think I'd ever buy anything from him again. He even took us out to his car to watch movies. He thought we were brothas. :rofl:

That.Guy.S30
01-08-2003, 06:54 PM
ahah hey guys i was askin about where i can buy infinitys.. not bashin all the salesman in calgary.. ahah.. i know that "brotha" guy tho.. hes funny to talk to

davidI
01-08-2003, 07:25 PM
I wanted to work for International for a while cause my friends Dad owns the place. Unfortunately I don't like being a pushy salesperson. I love selling people stuff, I used to work retail on commission but I found that I'd always sell them the cheapest thing or the best deal instead of padding my pocket. Unfortunately the salespeople are trained to make the company money, not to help out the customer.

Nix87
01-12-2003, 10:41 PM
Infinity makes good stuff. Some brands use their speakers in stock stereo setups. International sells it not sure where else. Ive been friggen attacked every time ive walked into that store. Guess you gotta do what ya gotta do to make a living.

Nick

Ajay
01-13-2003, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by surfertech
ahah hey guys i was askin about where i can buy infinitys.. not bashin all the salesman in calgary.. ahah.. i know that "brotha" guy tho.. hes funny to talk to

What kind of Infinity products are you looking for?!

Cause Future Shop carries alot of the coaxial speakers made by Infinity and used to carry the Perfect series subs but as far as I know they don't anymore cause they didn't sell the subs very often! I have one though!!

That.Guy.S30
01-13-2003, 12:56 AM
i got it all from future shop

That.Guy.S30
01-13-2003, 01:05 AM
and no.. they sold alot of subs.. now they are just gettin in the newer perfects.. gold plated connectors or somethin
and which god damn international stereo u guys talkin about?
ive been to airways, chinook and sunridge and they dont sell infinity

Ajay
01-13-2003, 01:40 AM
News to me they sold alot of Perfect subs. I have friend who works mobile audio at the Northland Future Shop and another friend who works mobile audio at Horizon in the NE and they both told me the same thing. No one buys the Perfects cause they're too expensive and don't really fit the demographic of customers that come to Future Shop to buy car audio. They both also told me that's the exact reason why Future Shop no longer carries them....cause they don't sell.

That.Guy.S30
01-13-2003, 09:46 PM
i was just at future shop the other day.. they had a newer perfect 10.. and a older perfect 10.. it could be the 10.1d i think.. but yea i picked up all the infinity products i need.. now just a amp.. do u think 1 10 is good enuff for a small car?

Ajay
01-13-2003, 10:45 PM
I just need my amp too, gonna get myself the MTX 81000D to power my Infinity. I have only one Perfect right now but I'm thinking I might go get a second one cause it'll sound better in my little hatchie! Two is better than one!

That.Guy.S30
01-13-2003, 10:55 PM
i migth get another 1 too ajay.. or else i might just trade my 10 for a 12 inch.. yo how long are u gonan wait till u get an amp?
maybe we can buy it together and a deal or somethin
pm if ur interested

Ajay
01-14-2003, 12:32 AM
I'm gonna try to get my amp by the middle of next month at the latest. But I think I'm gonna end up ordering mine from Ebay cause I can get it cheaper there and getting it sent from the US as opposed to actually buying it at a place like Future Shop or any other car audio retailer!

That.Guy.S30
01-14-2003, 12:55 AM
yea but if u got frineds workin at future shop or anywhere else.. which i do.. we can get a deal... plus shit offa ebay aint always what it looks like.. they always send u .. fake or refurbished or not the item u purchase.. plus u gotta pay for shippin and convert everthin to USD.. which miakes it pretty close to what u pay for it over here.. im gonan get my amp by the middle of next month too.. keep this in mind if u change ur mind about ebay

Ajay
01-14-2003, 01:02 AM
Well my buddy at Northland told me to get the 81000D amp from him it'll cost probably a little more as compared to when it's bought from the US and converted to CDN and duties and taxes paid on it.

The 81000D amp at Future Shop retails for $999.99 and he with his cost on the amp it'll equal to about the same. Cause you can find that amp on Ebay brand new in the box for about $350-400 US. We'll see what happens...still gotta decide whether or not I want to get two subs or not. That'll determine which amp I actually do go with though!

Does anyone know if A&B still carries PPI?

chrisgushue
01-21-2003, 09:21 PM
we've got em if you wana emial me with what you want

lilboykorea
01-22-2003, 11:55 PM
internationals are big fags,
this one time i was about to buy rockford hx2 subs from a buddy of mine, and i dont know much about audio so i went in to maybe look for an amp so i ask him, i mite get these subs and ask him of the options i can have..
the guy took me to the counter to a guy who knows more about car audio and all the fagget says to me is, get the subs, and we'll get u the best amp in the city...
i felt like pushing his face into the display glass...

lilboykorea
01-22-2003, 11:56 PM
oh yea and compustar there... was at least over 700 installed when its like 500 at autosound installed right?

That.Guy.S30
01-23-2003, 12:06 AM
no its like 500 for the system at international.. plus the install which will make it around 700.. and its around 500 with install at autodream..

Imagination
01-23-2003, 11:38 AM
I've honestly had nothing but good from International. Make sure you talk to the manager instead of the salespeoples. They will beat any price around if it's advertised. I JUST purchased an Alpine unit for close to $1000 off the advertised SALES price. Haha.

Ajay
01-23-2003, 05:42 PM
The salespeople at International are chumps. They don't know their products AT all.

Friend of mine went there to look at the new Alpine, think it was the CVA-1006. He already did his homework on the deck and he sell's car audio so he knows his shit already. Anyways, he asked him what the deck's capable of....dude told my buddy "It can do anything you want it to".

Then he proceeded to ask him if he had a home theater setup. When he said he did he asked him if he was willing to buy some new speakers for his home theater and if he did he'de throw in the Alpine. Even a monkey could sell better than the salespeople at International.

That.Guy.S30
01-23-2003, 06:04 PM
hey ajay are u usin a cap with ur inifinity setup?.. if u are what kind?im gonna buy a mtx 4250d amp for my 1 infinity sub

Ajay
01-26-2003, 02:50 PM
I'm gonna use a cap with my setup but I'm not entirely sure which one I'm gonna use yet. Definetly gonna be AT LEAST a 1.5 Farad cap though.

m@+CH
01-31-2003, 05:14 PM
future shop