PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Bikers! post your rides!

civic_stylez
03-28-2005, 09:02 PM
ive noticed alot of people on here mountain bike. just wanted to see what everyone on here rides! hopefully we can hook up some beyond trail rides this year!!!:thumbsup:

My main trail/dirt jumper '05 Giant AC

civic_stylez
03-28-2005, 09:03 PM
my street/park ride "04 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc.

happydude
03-28-2005, 10:16 PM
I've been out of the bike scene for such a long time, used to be pretty avid, get out at least twice a week to Kananaskis. Don't have pics right now but I have about a 4-year old Cove Stiffee.

It was nice because when I was buying it I picked the frame, picked all the parts I wanted and they said come back in a couple hours and pick it up. Only thing I've really changed on it since then was to upgrade the Marzocchi shocks for abit more travel, up to about 110mm or so. I'll get some pics up eventually.

Honda_002
03-28-2005, 10:20 PM
Carrot Colored C.O.P Special:poosie:

Redlyne_mr2
03-28-2005, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by civic_stylez
ive noticed alot of people on here mountain bike. just wanted to see what everyone on here rides! hopefully we can hook up some beyond trail rides this year!!!:thumbsup:

My main trail/dirt jumper '05 Giant AC
Hey man, like many I used to be huge into MBing, Ive seen regained interest however much has changed since I used to ride. Im looking for a good bike that will be fun on the downhills, good for stunting around town and decent as a xcountry machine. What do you recommend?
How much was your Giant?

FiveFreshFish
03-28-2005, 10:46 PM
Here's my good old '02 Rocky Mountain at Jewell Pass during a rainstorm. Brakes, both derailleurs, handlebars and crank have been updated since.

seer_claw
03-28-2005, 10:46 PM
I'll get a pic up shortly, but I ride a '03 Rocky Mountain ETSX-50, with a Fox Vanilla 125 RLC front fork. :thumbsup:

Chester
03-28-2005, 10:55 PM
um my bike is nothing compared to the stuff you guys are riding haha.
Mine is the same just silver
http://www.sunsetmtb.co.uk/2K5_Blast_Side_1300.jpg

tsi_neal
03-28-2005, 11:09 PM
Well i went and took pics when i saw this, for some reason i feel like showing off tonight (EDIT, there are other but i cant figure out how to do multiple images in one post so fuck it you see one bike)

My new toy

doublepostwhore
03-28-2005, 11:09 PM
04 Banshee Scratch
03 Sherman flick
profile cranks BMX SS/pedals
Draco Bashgaurd
BMX Chain
Dual 24" Mag30's
Chris King F/R Hubs
DT Swiss balck spokes
Dual hope mini 7.5"
Kona DJ Seat
.243/debadged bar/stem
ODI Rogue lockon's
Hookworms
paint job comming - Electric pearl blue w/gold lettering.

streetarab
03-29-2005, 10:38 AM
i just have a gt agressor, currently down to the frame for a full rebuild :( i broke everything, some things twice

civic_stylez
03-29-2005, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

Hey man, like many I used to be huge into MBing, Ive seen regained interest however much has changed since I used to ride. Im looking for a good bike that will be fun on the downhills, good for stunting around town and decent as a xcountry machine. What do you recommend?
How much was your Giant?
i got my giant for 1200.. its a great bike and you get fairly good components for a cheaper softail..its a great bike to buy and then upgrade as you go.

and TSI, DH comp=:drool:

SuPhistiKatEd
03-29-2005, 08:45 PM
Mine...Giant Rainer

http://www.giant-bicycle.com/cn/030.000.000/030.000.000.asp?year=2003&model=9854

3G
03-29-2005, 08:51 PM
I had a purple Giant bike, with Shimano everything, and a Speedometer thingy, selling that is something I regret :( Im gonna get back into the scene this summer!

Redlyne_mr2
03-29-2005, 09:25 PM

i got my giant for 1200.. its a great bike and you get fairly good components for a cheaper softail..its a great bike to buy and then upgrade as you go.

and TSI, DH comp=:drool:
Wow thats cheap for that caliber of bike.

civic_stylez
03-30-2005, 05:44 PM

Wow thats cheap for that caliber of bike.

thats why i bought it! giant is really trying to make riding more affordable...the frame is the exact same as some of their much more expensive models the manitou front suspension is the best bang-for-buck that you can find. the bike is very light for a softail and id recommend it to anyone!

kolumbo69
03-30-2005, 06:19 PM
wow, i was waiting for this thread some day. I gots a norco A line ill post some pics when i get home.
For a new bike i would suggest vps six or atomik those are some good bikes in a good price range that can be upgraded easily later on.

otto
03-30-2005, 06:20 PM
:eek:

kolumbo69
03-30-2005, 06:27 PM
we should hook up and do some riding togather.

tsi_neal
03-30-2005, 11:20 PM
Civic stylez, the comp is an AWESOME rig, IMO probably the best DH race frame thats affordable to your average consumer. Had her out at invermere last weekend, its a different climate over there, Swansea is amazing right now.

Bike #2
Giant rainier frame, heavily abused psylo fork, and a disturbing hodgepodge of parts (my favs are the wornout 8spd LX rear der with the 9spd drivetrain, the shitty shimano m454 rear hub that got the all seals off a OLD paralax LX hub thus making it as good as an lx, and possibly the best part the road bar tape for grips thats all left over scraps from building trek bikes). Im not sure if ill ever be able to build a bike like this again now that im out of the shop. but a special thanks goes out to all the boys that contributed parts because its an awesome XC rig at a price that still boggles my mind.

seer_claw
03-30-2005, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by kolumbo69
we should hook up and do some riding togather.

I have to agree, it would be awesome to do that. :thumbsup:

civic_stylez
03-31-2005, 06:50 PM
Once it gets a little warmer and the trails thaw/dry out a bit i am up for some riding any day!!!!!

tsi, i cant wait to get out to BC this year, the climate change is so nice! ive never riden in invermere so i will have to try it!!! thanks for the tip!

awd
03-31-2005, 07:01 PM
This thread needs some hardtail pride.

http://www.clayndanielle.com/beyond/243.jpg

tsi_neal
03-31-2005, 09:20 PM
How about the fully ridgid singlespeed pride :poosie:

frostyda9
03-31-2005, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by awd
This thread needs some hardtail pride.

:werd:

My ride - Litespeed Owlhollow titanium. Built from the ground up a couple years ago with a nice anorexic parts list. Weighed 19.9 at one point but it's up to 20.7 now for durability reasons ;)

Kona9
04-13-2005, 10:01 PM
Heres my new baby!! 2005 Kona Stinky.............upgraded fork, tires, one piece bottom bracket, head set, race face cranks.

P.S. here is the link to my for sale thread on my other two bikes. I have changed my mind and will sell them seperately. $900.00 FIRM for the KONA. $300.00 for the hardtail.
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?threadid=83084&highlight=kona

Blacura
04-13-2005, 10:52 PM
Cool shit.

I just got a Specialized Rockhopper Comp. First bike since I was 14, been pretty fun so far. If I continue biking I'll upgrade in a few years. I'll get a pic tomorrow.

qaxaz
04-13-2005, 11:01 PM
Some nice stuff kickin around.... And yeah, we need some more hardtail pride... I got a Giant ATX 840 thats been a wicked bike for 3 years now

eblend
04-21-2005, 05:59 PM
Hello

I am just getting into mountain biking and I just got a new bike and was wondering how is this thing and if i got a good deal on it? This bike is about 1 month old when i got it, so it was used but in excellent condition, look at the gears on the back, they look unused

anyways this is all i know about the bike

Its a Specialized P.2
Specialized A1-Aluminum frame
Ditch Witch rims
Marzocchi fork
TruVativ Hussefelt cranks with bash guard
Hayes discs
Specialized tires

I got this bike for $250 is that a good deal?

here are some pics, i added the mud guards after i bought the bike

http://members.shaw.ca/eblend/bike/IM009561.JPG
http://members.shaw.ca/eblend/bike/IM009562.JPG
http://members.shaw.ca/eblend/bike/IM009563.JPG
http://members.shaw.ca/eblend/bike/IM009564.JPG
http://members.shaw.ca/eblend/bike/IM009565.JPG
http://members.shaw.ca/eblend/bike/IM009566.JPG

frostyda9
04-21-2005, 06:48 PM
That is a good deal. Maybe a little TOO good ;)

'02SiR
04-21-2005, 06:52 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/ColinSiR/mybikes12.jpg
i dont have to peddle :)

sCream
05-08-2005, 11:31 AM
I just started mountain biking this summer and im lookin to buy a good beginner bike... something like the one eblend bought.. and around that price range as well, just because i feel like i might not use it all too much. And all i do is go on the trails in town which arent to harsh. Anyone know where i could look for a good deal?

Nalgene
05-09-2005, 10:54 PM
Im just getting into mountain biking as well and last week i Bought a Giant Rincon 21". Should be here this week. Ill post pictures of it when its all nice a shiney. Hopefully I can hit the trails alot this summer. :D

no_joke
05-19-2005, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by eblend

Its a Specialized P.2
...I got this bike for $250 is that a good deal?

Dmitri, that price seems too low to me too. Who did you buy this bike from? There's gotta be some catch.

civic_stylez
05-20-2005, 08:29 AM
i dont know if anyone on here has a seasons pass to COP for their mountain biking but if anybody wants to go, send a pm and ill head out there with you...

eblend
05-21-2005, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by no_joke

Dmitri, that price seems too low to me too. Who did you buy this bike from? There's gotta be some catch. [/B]

there was no catch, the dude said he got it for that much so he sold it to me for that much, although he tells me now that he has another person who would pay double for the bike if I wanted to sell it, i said no haha

badd
05-25-2005, 08:11 AM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11/jonesmike/mesosexy.bmp

my 02 bullit

redline
05-25-2005, 08:24 AM

How much was your Giant?

how much do you want to spend?

redline
05-25-2005, 08:33 AM
04 Santa Cruz VP-Free w/
Fox 40rc2
Fox DHX 5.0
Hugi Hubs mavic 823 tubeless rims
King head set
RF Cranks
Hayes Disks
etc...

03 Santa Cruz Blur
Fox vanilla 125rlc
Fox RP3
Mavic crossmax xl tubeless
King head set
RF next lp cranks
Hayes disks
XTR everything and tons of CF

04 Trek X0-1 cross bike
stock except for wheel set

I will get some pics up some time soon.

89coupe
05-25-2005, 09:20 AM
LOL>..your bike is probably worth more then everyone elses bike combined in this thread...LOL

Baller!:bigpimp:

Originally posted by redline
04 Santa Cruz VP-Free w/
Fox 40rc2
Fox DHX 5.0
Hugi Hubs mavic 823 tubeless rims
King head set
RF Cranks
Hayes Disks
etc...

03 Santa Cruz Blur
Fox vanilla 125rlc
Fox RP3
Mavic crossmax xl tubeless
King head set
RF next lp cranks
Hayes disks
XTR everything and tons of CF

04 Trek X0-1 cross bike
stock except for wheel set

I will get some pics up some time soon.

awd
05-25-2005, 12:16 PM
I am getting this in June:

2005 Norco VPS Shore :drool:

http://www.dhracer.com/fr/gd/2005/vpsshore.jpg

civic_stylez
05-25-2005, 12:45 PM
k, i think we have enough people on this board to organize a beyond trail riding day!!! fish creek or COP or something! any ideas for a ride?

nickyh
05-25-2005, 07:51 PM
Sulphur Springs all the way!
Planning on heading out there Saturday, nothing like a good kick in the lungs to start off a long riding season.
This pic is just a small taste of the hills on this ride. Although the camera angle does not do it justice once you get behind the trees.

I need to get a new frame tho - 01 Rocky Mtn Oxgen Race, I love the bike but it's too big. I need a 16 - plus it might be time to cave in a get a full suspension.

tsi_neal
05-25-2005, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by nickyh
Sulphur Springs all the way!
Planning on heading out there Saturday, nothing like a good kick in the lungs to start off a long riding season.
This pic is just a small taste of the hills on this ride. Although the camera angle does not do it justice once you get behind the trees.

I need to get a new frame tho - 01 Rocky Mtn Oxgen Race, I love the bike but it's too big. I need a 16 - plus it might be time to cave in a get a full suspension.

Id love to be impressed by that hill but there are about 3 hills short of actually being in the rockys that impress me. Just think when you have a 40k ride and the fisrt and last 5 are flat then the other 30 are a 15km up and a 15km down now thats an ass kicking hill. Ill admit that my XC skills (ie lungs) are alot weaker than they used to be. Its just way more fun for me to load the DH rig in the back of a truck and let a nice V8 do all the climbing for me these days. so even on sulpher springs id probably choke...

frostyda9
05-29-2005, 03:01 PM
Just a heads up, I listed my bike on PinkBike.com if anyone wants a super light ti hardtail for a good price. :thumbsup:

no_joke
05-29-2005, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by eblend

there was no catch, the dude said he got it for that much so he sold it to me for that much, although he tells me now that he has another person who would pay double for the bike if I wanted to sell it, i said no haha

Well I would think that there is some kind of catch. A new P.2 retails for ~$1000 so getting it for $250 is a great deal. So either your dealer was desparate to unload the bike, it was stolen, or there's something wrong with it. Hopefully, it was the first case.

The Rider
05-29-2005, 07:32 PM
i dont know if anyone on here has a seasons pass to COP for their mountain biking but if anybody wants to go, send a pm and ill head out there with you...

:werd:
I'm always looking for people to ride with as well. Perhaps tomorrow evening anyone?

2004 Norco Torrent

1998 Diamondback Topanga (everything but the stem has been replaced at least once.) I might get pics eventually.

never
06-12-2005, 01:57 AM
I've got an '04 Specialized Rockhopper Comp that I've been using for trail as well as commuting to work downtown. I'm getting tired of using one bike for two purposes so I'm going to look at some road bikes tomorrow. Was looking at the Specialized Allez Elite, among others. I know this is a MTB thread but does anyone have any road bike opinions?

I also have a beauty '89 Peugeot Fun Star, this was my first mountain bike and I still use it. Had it out this past weekend on some little trails near me in the torrential rain all last weekend.

never
06-12-2005, 01:58 AM
Here is a pic of the Peugeot from the first day out last weekend. The RH is in the background with its road shoes on.