PDA

View Full Version : Girl training any different??

temptress
03-28-2005, 09:09 PM
Ok, I'm looking to lose weight. I'm a 19 year old female. I'm 5'8 and weigh 140 lbs. My goal weight is 125 lbs. I've been taking ephedrine. 2x 8mg tabs daily. I was reading the "what suppliments do you take" post, and it said to do an ECA stack. Should I be taking less than that as I'm a girl?

7thgenvic
03-28-2005, 09:38 PM
run and run and run! cardio and eating right will be your best friend! and that will be pretty freeking skinn y when your 5'8!

if you want to loose, you have to eat right especially if your on ephedrine, which i wouldn't recommend

danno
03-28-2005, 09:44 PM
yeah it's all about the cardio and eating. i would not take pills.

temptress
03-28-2005, 09:54 PM
they're working. I am working out as well, but I've gone from gaining 10 lbs a month for 3 months in a row to losing just under 10 lbs in the last month.

SikAssR1
03-28-2005, 09:59 PM
gaining 10lbs a month????what the hell are you eating?

temptress
03-28-2005, 11:13 PM
I dont know! lol. I moved, and obviously the climate didn't agree with me. I have since moved again, and am now losing weight again.

BokCh0y
03-28-2005, 11:27 PM
why are you using epedrine? why not just eat right and do lots of cardio along with light weights for toning? the faster you lose the weight the faster it will come back. take your time losing the pounds, 5'8" - 140lbs isn't fat at all. do it naturally.

googe
03-28-2005, 11:46 PM
yeah this is bad news. 125lbs at your height is too skinny imho. either way, the ephedrine isnt necessary...

temptress
03-28-2005, 11:48 PM
I'm using ephedrine because my friend who's a body builder told me it would help me lose weight.

shakalaka
03-29-2005, 12:01 AM
And yes it will help you loose weight, but its just not worth it. Naturally loosing weight is your best bet.

temptress
03-29-2005, 12:13 AM
Then why are all these guys talking about eca stacks and how great they are, and all the suppliments they use, but when it comes to me I'm suposed to do it naturally?

shakalaka
03-29-2005, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by temptress
Then why are all these guys talking about eca stacks and how great they are, and all the suppliments they use, but when it comes to me I'm suposed to do it naturally?

Ok look. Guys use supplements and what not. Doesnt neccessarily mean they are all good things. I mean lots of guys take roids. Does that mean they are good? Some supplements i guess are fine like protien, cauz they are all natural. But in your case you dont really need that. It seems like you WANT to take all the supplements, when you dont HAVE to. I mean your arent fat or anything. According to your height and everything, that fat you can loose so easily with natural exercises. Shouldn't get used to supplements and these pills or powdersunless you HAVE too. If you must then i guess you can take ephedrine, but you will have to be really careful with what you eat and what not. There are lots of risks envolved. Thats why natural is always the best and way to go.

EDIT: Nice tattoo on your feet btw!

Melinda
03-29-2005, 12:21 AM
I'm a 19 year old female. I'm 5'8 and weigh 140 lbs. My goal weight is 125 lbs.
I'm 20 years old, 5 feet 7.5 inches tall and I weigh 122 pounds. It is BY FAR not an ideal weight. I've had several health problems and alot of them are due to being underweight, even by a few pounds.

I've been stuck at this weight for several years. 2 years ago after a cruel bout of post traumatic stress dissorder I lost another 15. I am JUST NOW getting back to 122 and it still wont be enough to keep me healthy. The ideal weight for someone of our height is about 130-135...if you're not happy with how you feel/look hit a gym and tone up. But for the love of God, get off the ephedrine. A friend of mine got hooked on it as the 'easy way to weight loss' and led herself easily into an eating disorder.:guns:

Toma
03-29-2005, 12:40 AM
They also justify steroids and gh, and DNP etc etc etc...

If you are too fat and and lazy to do it for yourself, you deserve to be fat.

VERY LOW carbs, a little cardio in the morning, work you legs heavily 2 days a week.

The weight will come off easily. Probably 15-20 pounds in a month.

temptress
03-29-2005, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by Toma

If you are too fat and and lazy to do it for yourself, you deserve to be fat.

It's not that i'm "fat" because i'm lazy. I work out 3 times a week. (that doesnt sound like a lot compared to wildcat's 9 lol)

Melinda: I just got a body fat reading done, and i was told I should be at 20-25% body fat, and that would be healthy. 22% body fat is me at 125 lbs. while 25% is me at 130 lbs. I used to be 120 lbs, and i felt healthy at that weight.

JAYMEZ
03-29-2005, 01:05 AM
Wow what bad info people are giving you LOL , if you need help with training you can give me a PM , i can help you find the information you need.

BloodBaneZXY
03-29-2005, 01:18 AM
Ugh, no kidding.. ^^

Don't take the easy route. If you're already working out 3x times a week, just eat a lot cleaner, avoid fatty greasy junk and it'll work out fine. If it doesn't set up a STRICT timed diet that encorporates a balanced % breakdown of protein/fats/carbs. Eat several meals well spaced out throughout the day, and drink a few litres of water as well.

hockeybronx
03-29-2005, 01:50 AM
Although you probably wont listen to me, as most girls don't about this, body fat percentage is a better representation of health that just "losing pounds".

So many people judge their health by a number on the scale, but really it doesn't mean anything. I know a girl who weighs 120 pounds and is 5 foot 4 and is all soft flab.

There are several methods to measure body fat percentage which you can search for on the net, that is the correct way to get into better shape.

temptress
03-29-2005, 03:18 AM
i totally agree with you hockey bronx, which is why i posted what body fat percentage i am at and what i want to be at. thats more accurate than the lbs i want to be at!

~Leah~
03-29-2005, 11:06 AM
22% body fat on a girl is at the bottom of the average block... you get toomuch under that and you're gonna be too skinny my dear. Look.... PM me if you want. I'm a 20 year old girl who just happens to be a personal trainer/fitness consultant... if you want help... honestly, no offense guys, I know how a girl's body responds to a lot of stuff since I've tried it myself and trained many women. Girl, get a hold of me, and we'll work something out.... and GET OFF THE EPHEDRINE!! It f#$%@ with your heart and you don't need that at your age.

sputnik
03-29-2005, 11:18 AM
Taking pills to lose weight is a dumb idea even if they seem to be working.

People gain weight because they consume more calories than they burn and people lose weight because they burn more calories than they consume.

Blame it on the weather, the elevation, your "girl cycle"... in the end it comes down to calories burned vs calories you consume. If you want to lose weight get off the high sugar and high fat foods and start eating better and exercising more.

IMO 140lbs at 5'7 is pretty decent. If you want to tone up go to the gym and build muscle. Dont bother trying to lose weight to feel better. My fiance is 5'4 and 130 and I think she looks GREAT.

Carfanman
03-29-2005, 11:20 AM
Post pics so that we can help you more.

~Leah~
03-29-2005, 11:21 AM
Now now, the girl cycle is actually something we can blame it on!! Physiologically.... it sucks to be female!!!! :cry:

~Leah~
03-29-2005, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Carfanman
Post pics so that we can help you more.

Yeah, great idea.... :thumbsdow

You don't need to post pics girl, don't mind the 15 year old American, he's home schooled and doesn't see females besides his mom. He's just curious.

sputnik
03-29-2005, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by ~Leah~
Now now, the girl cycle is actually something we can blame it on!! Physiologically.... it sucks to be female!!!! :cry:

A little bit of natural water retention is a fact of life for you guys. However I have met a number of women who still blame water retention on the fact that they are 20-30 lbs overweight.

Thats not water retention. Its "coke and doritos" retention.

Carfanman
03-29-2005, 11:25 AM
Hahaha it was a joke. BTW, you think the only place chicks exist is in school?

~Leah~
03-29-2005, 12:44 PM
hahaha yeah I know sputnik.... and i was jokin too bud

temptress
03-29-2005, 08:43 PM
HAhaha thanks for the input everyone. Unfortunately i'm not going to be posting any half naked pics ;)

1badPT
03-29-2005, 08:56 PM
^note: she only ruled out "half naked" :thumbsup:

temptress
03-30-2005, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by 1badPT
^note: she only ruled out "half naked" :thumbsup:
Edit. I will not be posting any naked, or half naked pics. Sorry boys.

BebeAphrodite
03-30-2005, 02:37 AM
hmm.. slightly off topic, what's worse, taking pills to lose weight or not eating?

hockeybronx
03-30-2005, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by BebeAphrodite
hmm.. slightly off topic, what's worse, taking pills to lose weight or not eating?

I'd say both are uneducated and preposterous ways to lose weight... but if I had to choose one I'd say not eating would be worse.

BebeAphrodite
03-30-2005, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by hockeybronx

I'd say both are uneducated and preposterous ways to lose weight... but if I had to choose one I'd say not eating would be worse.

Lots of girls are desperate. Sadly, those who are desperate often don't realise how skinny they already are. Much too skinny and wasting away.
Not eating is bad but wouldn't the pills screw up ur system?

capn_nobeard
03-30-2005, 03:04 AM
did you do any research before starting to take ephedrine???

heres a link from an fda report about ephedrine products from the fda...

this article is peer reviewed and is not meant to mislead, ephedrine products are not safe, balanced diet and regular exercise are safe and effective trust me i've lost 25lbs in the last couple of months in fat

edit: oops forgot the url

http://www.fda.gov/fdac/features/2001/101_ppa.html

hockeybronx
03-30-2005, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by BebeAphrodite

Lots of girls are desperate. Sadly, those who are desperate often don't realise how skinny they already are. Much too skinny and wasting away.
Not eating is bad but wouldn't the pills screw up ur system?

Well that's why I didn't really like the question. I guess it just takes people different amounts of time to be happy and confident in who they are.

If you are eating and taking the pills at least your body is getting nutrients and energy, although the pills would still be setting the abnormal reactions off, however not eating has many more negative consequences such as:
- skin quality
- brain function
- mood alterations
- rotting teetch
- destruction of the stomach lining (pepsin)
- destruction of bone mass leading to osteoperosis
- weakening of the functioning joints
- hair quality
- focus and concentration problems

The list for the pills probably could be just as long. Scrap both the anorexia and the pills and fulfill the definition of 'healthy'

temptress
03-30-2005, 04:14 AM
I personally think that not eating would be a lot worse than taking pills.
I agree pills aren't always the greatest for you all the time, but not eating is seriously going to affect you, and very quickly.

SUPRAPHAT
03-30-2005, 07:54 AM
Okay, I'm gonna give some input here seeing as how I'm probably the only one that has tried any supplements judging by some of the posts that have been made here.

First of all, Ephedrine, if taken in the EC stack and with the right doses for no more than 40 days is not gonna effect your heart long term. I have taken the stack for my first 40 days and the only thing I noticed was that I was easily irritated. And all I had todo for that is learn to control my anger when someone would really piss me off.

I talked to my doctor, the trainer at my gym, some bodybuilders at my gym, my boss at work(Physical Therapist) and read a crap load of articles on Ephedrine and a crap load of threads on bodybuilding.com. Ephedrine and Caffeine can be addictive I've been told but I didn't notice those effects at all.

The only tip I can make is if your gonna take the stack, make sure you eat correctly and get to the gym often(atleast 3x/week) to optimize the stack.

Most of the people that are saying to do everything naturally, probably have never tried the stack in their life and thus don't really know much about the stack other than what they have heard on T.V. which is always about how athletes are dropping dead and shit. You really have to know the details of these deaths, which include taking 3-5x the daily recommended amount of Ephedrine and during vigorous and very hot workouts. Some athletes also don't realize they have heart issues either when they start taking the drug and thus have issues later. Always make sure you see your doctor before taking the drug just to make sure you don't haveany heart issues like high blood pressure, etc.

Sure doing things Naturally is always better but some people really have a hard time loosing weight naturally, even though they are working out often and eating healthy.

If your just trying to lose weight, especially as a girl, cardio is your best friend. Do 30-45 minutes of cardio on the eliptical trainer everytime you hit the gym and do very light weight training.

In regards to not eating, that is the absolute worst thing you can do, I have a friend that battles an eating issue where she makes herself throw up after eating(can't remember what the disorder is called) but it's very bad for your health and can really cause a lot of issues. You need your everyday nutrients to be healthy, you don't need the extra stuff which is where a lot of people get screwed up. Eat healthy and you'll be fine.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Jason

abyss
03-30-2005, 09:15 AM
I'm 5'4" and 125lbs, As much as I may joke about it, I know I'm not fat. At 5'8" you're going to be one very skinny girl, IMO. But good luck with you're weight loss, keep it healthy.

heavyD
03-30-2005, 09:23 AM
I love how everyone wants to have a perfect body but only few want to put the work into it that is required which is diet & exercise.

I'm in better shape in my 30's than most are in their early 20's but I have been working out weekly for the last 8 years.

~Leah~
03-31-2005, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by SUPRAPHAT
Okay, I'm gonna give some input here seeing as how I'm probably the only one that has tried any supplements judging by some of the posts that have been made here.

If your just trying to lose weight, especially as a girl, cardio is your best friend. Do 30-45 minutes of cardio on the eliptical trainer everytime you hit the gym and do very light weight training.

In regards to not eating, that is the absolute worst thing you can do, I have a friend that battles an eating issue where she makes herself throw up after eating(can't remember what the disorder is called) but it's very bad for your health and can really cause a lot of issues. You need your everyday nutrients to be healthy, you don't need the extra stuff which is where a lot of people get screwed up. Eat healthy and you'll be fine.

First of all, there are MANY people in this section who have tried supplements.

Second of all.... you recommend the only form of cardio a girl should do is 30-45 mins of the eliptical trainer? Umm no... while it can be effective if done at the right INTENSITY, it's not the greatest form of cardio out there. I suggest for my clients to mix up their cardio machines as well, to avoid boredom, and to avoid your body getting used to your routine.

Third of all... "only do very light weight training"??? Please tell me you're joking man. Seriously. A girl is not gonna get huge from weight training, we don't have enough testosterone in our bodies. I can't even believe people still have this conception. That angers me. Hell, I can lift more weight than some of the guys in my gym. Am I huge? No. Toned, defined, yes. Ugh... sorry, this comment angered me beyond belief!

Lastly, the eating disorder you're speaking of is called bulemia.

I beg you not to post facts unless you know the correct information, cuz too much false info is getting out there and it's really hindering the fitness industry!! Please get your facts straight first.

shakalaka
03-31-2005, 02:48 AM
^^
*bows down and big round of applause*
:rofl:

Wildcat
03-31-2005, 05:31 PM
It's not that i'm "fat" because i'm lazy. I work out 3 times a week. (that doesnt sound like a lot compared to wildcat's 9 lol)

what im doing is very different from what you want to do. so take what i have to say with a grain of salt. and you guys keep baggin on ephedrine, its not that big of a deal. now Clen on the other hand is a big deal.

on a side note, i like what leah had to say about girls with little weights. they just straight up dont get it :rofl:

GingeRRRBeef
03-31-2005, 06:35 PM
Yeah ... Leah and I had a bench press competition and she kicked my ass :cry:

~Leah~
03-31-2005, 06:46 PM
I can bench Eric with one arm.

shakalaka
03-31-2005, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Silver_SpecV
Yeah ... Leah and I had a bench press competition and she kicked my ass :cry:
SHAME!:(

lol

EDM
03-31-2005, 10:26 PM
You can loose 2-3 lbs / week without ephedrine. I have. Just find out how many calories you need to maintain your current weight then subtract 700 calories and that should be how many calories you should eat per day. Then do cardio + weights (not heavy) between 2-4 times per week. If you dont do any workouts, you can loose 2-3. If you go to the gym 2-4 times, then its somewhere around 3-5lbs.

Ephedrine is not good for your health. The most important thing in life is your health, dont fuck around with it.

Carfanman
03-31-2005, 11:06 PM
But then you'd have to find your basal metabolic calorie burn per day.

How do you find that?

1badPT
03-31-2005, 11:16 PM
He'll give you a formula that works for guys... 700 calories a day less may very well be starvation on her current diet. You should reduce your calories in smaller amounts, and my personal suggestion would be to increase the amount of proteins and reduce the amount of carbs in your diet - carbs convert only to energy where protein can be sythesized or converted to carbs to make energy as needed. Easy way to do this is swap starchy vegetables like potatoes and rice with dark coloured vegetables like green peppers, tomatoes, broccolli and so on. Make sure you drink lots of water though.

Once you have the diet taken care of, you'll maximize your efforts by adding exercise - if you're working out consistently 3 times a week, thats good, but you might want to tweak your routine a bit.

I would say Leah's info you can count on - she's the expert in this area. Most people on here are well versed in men's health.

temptress
04-01-2005, 02:44 AM
Found a really neat program called "Fitness Assistant 1.0" You input what you eat, how much, any activites you did during the day. It tells you how much you should be eating for your weight and target weight, basically a better site, but almost the same as the link posted by carfanman in the other post

EDM
04-01-2005, 09:45 AM
But then you'd have to find your basal metabolic calorie burn per day.

How do you find that?

ez

http://www.caloriecontrol.org/calcalsm.html

EDM
04-01-2005, 09:51 AM
Found a really neat program called "Fitness Assistant 1.0" You input what you eat, how much, any activites you did during the day. It tells you how much you should be eating for your weight and target weight, basically a better site, but almost the same as the link posted by carfanman in the other post

wow thats a cool program, but only bad thing is not everyone can be in front of a computer all the time

1badPT
04-01-2005, 07:28 PM
^^should work fine for carfanman then lol

Wildcat
04-02-2005, 03:17 AM
^bwahahahaha :rofl:

Tyler883
04-02-2005, 08:22 AM
Getting back to training for women....

ever notice that alot of the women in the gym never break a sweat? Many of them seem to be in very good condition, but is it that difficult for a women to sweat in public?:rofl:

EDM
04-02-2005, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Tyler883
Getting back to training for women....

for a women to sweat in public?:rofl:

i think its sexy :D

Melinda
04-02-2005, 11:12 AM
Girls sweat all the time at the gym, but it doesn't turn into dripping beads and it isn't crazy lots to soak a t-shirt right through like guys. That's why they call it "glowing" cause it isnt like full on sweating

SUPRAPHAT
04-02-2005, 01:42 PM

First of all, there are MANY people in this section who have tried supplements.

Second of all.... you recommend the only form of cardio a girl should do is 30-45 mins of the eliptical trainer? Umm no... while it can be effective if done at the right INTENSITY, it's not the greatest form of cardio out there. I suggest for my clients to mix up their cardio machines as well, to avoid boredom, and to avoid your body getting used to your routine.

Third of all... "only do very light weight training"??? Please tell me you're joking man. Seriously. A girl is not gonna get huge from weight training, we don't have enough testosterone in our bodies. I can't even believe people still have this conception. That angers me. Hell, I can lift more weight than some of the guys in my gym. Am I huge? No. Toned, defined, yes. Ugh... sorry, this comment angered me beyond belief!

Lastly, the eating disorder you're speaking of is called bulemia.

I beg you not to post facts unless you know the correct information, cuz too much false info is getting out there and it's really hindering the fitness industry!! Please get your facts straight first.

No, I am not saying that the ONLY form of cardio should be the eliptical trainer, I am saying that the absolute best form of cardio is the eliptical traine. This is because it is the easiest on your body, and provides the best work out for your whole body. I work in a Physical Therapy clinic, I see people that work out everyday and I know what will cause problems later in life. You may be a trainer but you don't see the effects of what happens when you do things wrong at the gym, 5-10 years down the road. The Eliptical trainer is the easiest on your joints and gives you the highest burn in calories than any other type of machine cardio method.

Second, if your a girl and your trying to lose weight(as far as the scale goes) then you DO NOT want to do heavy weights. Most girls will want to do weights but once they start using heavier weights they find they don't see the scale changing and then get discouraged. Many girls don't understand that when you start using weights that you gain muscle and with muscle weighing more than fat, you don't see any difference on the scale.

If your training to diet, this can discourage a lot of people(including guys) and give up due to frustration.

I understand the Testosterone in women is not the same level as guys but I bet you have never tried to ever lose a lot of weight have you? Have you ever worked with someone that was trying to lose weight? Cus if you have then you'd know what I'm talking about. I see it absolutely everyday, I know what will help a person loose weight and what will hinder weight lose. I know that more muscle will burn fat on an everyday basis but most don't realize that. The best thing is to keep the cardio goin full tilt and do light weights until the weight has really started to drop, then work in more weights to help build up the bodies resistance to gaining weight.

Jason

mo_virgin
04-02-2005, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Melinda
Girls sweat all the time at the gym, but it doesn't turn into dripping beads and it isn't crazy lots to soak a t-shirt right through like guys. That's why they call it "glowing" cause it isnt like full on sweating

Glowing? hahaha what a load of crap.

~Leah~
04-02-2005, 06:39 PM
I don't glow in the gym.... I drip sweat pretty bad!!!

~Leah~
04-02-2005, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by SUPRAPHAT

No, I am not saying that the ONLY form of cardio should be the eliptical trainer, I am saying that the absolute best form of cardio is the eliptical traine. This is because it is the easiest on your body, and provides the best work out for your whole body. I work in a Physical Therapy clinic, I see people that work out everyday and I know what will cause problems later in life. You may be a trainer but you don't see the effects of what happens when you do things wrong at the gym, 5-10 years down the road. The Eliptical trainer is the easiest on your joints and gives you the highest burn in calories than any other type of machine cardio method.

Second, if your a girl and your trying to lose weight(as far as the scale goes) then you DO NOT want to do heavy weights. Most girls will want to do weights but once they start using heavier weights they find they don't see the scale changing and then get discouraged. Many girls don't understand that when you start using weights that you gain muscle and with muscle weighing more than fat, you don't see any difference on the scale.

If your training to diet, this can discourage a lot of people(including guys) and give up due to frustration.

I understand the Testosterone in women is not the same level as guys but I bet you have never tried to ever lose a lot of weight have you? Have you ever worked with someone that was trying to lose weight? Cus if you have then you'd know what I'm talking about. I see it absolutely everyday, I know what will help a person loose weight and what will hinder weight lose. I know that more muscle will burn fat on an everyday basis but most don't realize that. The best thing is to keep the cardio goin full tilt and do light weights until the weight has really started to drop, then work in more weights to help build up the bodies resistance to gaining weight.

Jason

First things first.... What exactly is it that you do in this Physio clinic?

While the eliptical trainer may be the easiest on your joints, which I completely agree with (Cybex Arc Trainer being the easiest of them all IMO), it is definitely not the most effective form of cardio. All cardio is effective if done at the right INTENSITY as I've said before.

And trust me, I know problems that arise when your body is put through stress, because I've had severe joint problems since grade 7. I honestly have the joints of a 90 year old woman. And also being an Athletic Therapy major, I know A LOT about the injuries that occur during physical activity.

And did I ever say to use HEAVY weights when attempting to lose weight? NO. I said do not use light weights. If people don't understand the concept of not relying on a scale for "weight loss" then they should reconsider what the hell they're trying to do. If you think about it, almost all women... or people in general, who are trying to "lose weight" aren't REALLY trying to lose weight persay.... they are trying to lose body fat.

Therefore, if you EXPLAIN to the client that muscle weighs more than fat, muscle burns more calories than fat, and that they may not find much change in the scale, then that's better. That's information they need to know. Light weights aren't going to do alot, because you're not going to build much muscle. It would then only make more sense to want to build more muscle ASAP.

You may think you know what helps ppl lose weight and what hinders weight loss... and if you have taken any health and exercise psychology, then I would believe you. If not... actually, either way... your "methods" to helping people lose weight are rather inaccurate, because all you're doing is hindering their weight loss by not giving them the correct information.

1badPT
04-02-2005, 08:52 PM
^^I've heard her joints snap - she really does have the joints of a 90 yr old woman :eek: :tongue:

As for what he does in the physio clinic, I'm betting it has something to do with keeping the floors nicely swept :D

Tyler883
04-02-2005, 11:28 PM
I think that when you try and label a machine as the best form of cardio, you should consider who is going to use it.

I can burn 900 calories on an eliptical in 1 hour. Yet, I cant do this with any other machine because I'm out of shape, and I can't handle the impact( treadmilll) or the ergonomics( bicycle).Edit: Actually I have walked - 1000 calorie treadmill sessions by cranking up the incline, but the low impact of the eliptical makes it easier on me.

Other people that can run on the treadmill for a full workout certainly can handle the impact. If they claim that the treadmill is better than an eliptical, I will agree that that is probably true for them.

I know a guy that does 'spinning' sessions that puts his heart rate over 200 bpm. He's in very good shape, I certainly dont need to get into a debate with him about which machine is superior. He's doing awesome, and a switch to an eliptical may disrupt that.

Bigchuckers
04-04-2005, 02:02 AM
What are thoughts on rowing machines?

shakalaka
04-04-2005, 02:04 AM
^They are pretty decent I think. They are just like rowing the actual thing. They work your back, legs, arms out. Quite a few main muscle groups right there.

~Leah~
04-04-2005, 02:05 PM
Yeah, rowing machines are okay if your really looking to do a lot of work to build endurance in your upper body muscles. Basically all you're doing there is a seated row, with some very light weight. Besides having a good cardiovascular benefit (if done at the right intensity) it can help scult those muscles underneath, but it trains them more for endurance (as opposed to what lots of males want -- either strength or power).

Carfanman
04-04-2005, 04:24 PM
Nothings wrong with strength, power, and endurance. I dont think its true that all males just want strength and power, thats mostly just true for bodybuilders. Male athletes have a ton of endurance, as well as strength and power. Just look at football players. Fawking huge, but they arent out of breath a red faced after the first set of downs or they would never have made it on any team.

~Leah~
04-04-2005, 04:55 PM
Ummmm very good buddy, when did I ever say something was wrong with strength, endurance or power? There are a lot of males, specifically ones on this forum, that aren't training for sport, they're training for muscle and stuff. Anyway, I'm too sick to explain what I shouldn't have to explain so I'm going to bed.

Wildcat
04-04-2005, 06:12 PM
I dont think its true that all males just want strength and power, thats mostly just true for bodybuilders.

you are a clown, and you prove this through in and through out with every subsequent post.

Tyler883
04-04-2005, 09:53 PM
OMG!!!!It's time to stop thinking in the dark ages.

Bodybuilders and athletes( olymic power lifters not included) use the same fundamental techniuques to build muscle.

That right....a basketball player does an arm curl the same way a football player does.

Sure you don't see many bodybuilders running up and down a basketball court and staying the distance, but hook them up to a VO2 machine and you'll find that their cardio vascular systems are in excellent shape.

~Leah~
04-05-2005, 04:42 AM
Yeah, essentially the techniques you use to build muscle are the same, but the way you train your muscles are completely different. For example... if you're training for strength, you do 6-8 reps. If you're training to maintain, do 8-12. If you're training for endurance, do 12-20. It's not rocket science really... but then you get little 14 year olds on the site who think they're genius'...

stacker2ephedra
04-05-2005, 07:08 AM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

Carfanman
04-05-2005, 08:07 AM
but it trains them more for endurance (as opposed to what lots of males want -- either strength or power).

~Leah~
04-05-2005, 11:56 AM
but it trains them more for endurance (as opposed to what lots of males want -- either strength or power).

I dont think its true that all males just want strength and power, thats mostly just true for bodybuilders.

Are we done now? Please don't whore these threads too

Carfanman
04-05-2005, 02:48 PM
But its not lots of men, its some men. I'm sure it applies to some women to.

Anyway, this is stupid, Im not looking to have a fight over something so small, so I'll drop it.