PDA

View Full Version : Few questions about remote starting systems and the seperate pagers for alarms

AllGoNoShow
03-29-2005, 01:22 AM
Howdy all.

Ok got a few questions.

1. The remote start/alarm combos, say I went with a Compustar or something, no cheapie, installed by Visions or whoever I buy it from. Does the install look stock/well hidden and basically no modifications to the interior?

2. The seperate little device that vibrates in your pants type thing, what kind of range do those things have and what is th delay on it? For example, if I park it accross the street and put it beside my bed on loud mode, and some dude trys to jack my car, will by the time the alarm goes off on the device, he be gone, or is it just about instantanious?

3. What setups come with Electronic immobilzers + the paging device + silent alarm?

4. Whats a few repuitable shop names to look into?

Thanks everyone!

Big Double U
03-29-2005, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by AllGoNoShow
Howdy all.

Ok got a few questions.

1. The remote start/alarm combos, say I went with a Compustar or something, no cheapie, installed by Visions or whoever I buy it from. Does the install look stock/well hidden and basically no modifications to the interior?

2. The seperate little device that vibrates in your pants type thing, what kind of range do those things have and what is th delay on it? For example, if I park it accross the street and put it beside my bed on loud mode, and some dude trys to jack my car, will by the time the alarm goes off on the device, he be gone, or is it just about instantanious?

3. What setups come with Electronic immobilzers + the paging device + silent alarm?

Thanks everyone!
1. insde there will be a antenna and a lil module, mine was on top of winshield.
2. range depends on what model you get and unit. Last compustar i had was 1/4 mile but you can get up to a mile now adays. You'll know right away when it goes off, it's pretty instant.
3. not sure what you mean.
4. Autotemp and sound is good, i got mine done at visions in my last vehicle and took it back 3 times to get new brain unit installed.

AllGoNoShow
03-29-2005, 01:28 AM
1. Little module that HAS to be exposed or can it be hidden? Ive seen those little antenna things, I don't think that would be me too much behind my mirror or something.

2. Thanks

3. As in there are like just alarms, then there is silent alarms that notify the paging device so you can come out and kick some ass. and then there are some with electronic immobilizers so your car cant start if they bust in. What ones come with immobilizers?

4. Thanks

Big Double U
03-29-2005, 01:34 AM
1. I'm sure the little module COULD be hidden, as for antenna probably could be too but may effect your range? Not too sure on that.

3. mine was a compustar (last years model, alarm starter combo with blue remote) was just a loud alarm, and starter kill was a option for me i think cause i could start my vehicle from inside, walk in vehicle and drive it til i hit the break before i had to put in key.

core_upt
03-29-2005, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by AllGoNoShow
Howdy all.

Ok got a few questions.

Thanks everyone!

Everything inside will appear the same aside from the LED light (if you want) inside the vehicle, usually centre console or steering column) and an antenna on the top-centre of the windshiel or down the drivers side - the antenna can sometimes be placed inside the a-pillar but it will comprimise range.

the remote paging system does suffer some delay all dependant on range

Most alarm can be installed with a starter kill option that basically disables the starter line when the alarm is armed or triggered. The chirp of the alarm can be silenced, but the actual siren cannot be.

PM me for more info

AllGoNoShow
03-29-2005, 01:46 AM
Loud would work better I guess. As for the antenna, aslong as its the little ones I have seen I guess I coud live with it, the box I would want hidden if possible. Nothing like ruining a luxury interior with little black boxes.

AllGoNoShow
03-29-2005, 01:48 AM
LEDS is what I wouldnt want, no cutting or drilling. I could suffer with moutning an antenna on the window but no more unless I have too.

What are some good high end models with large range and start kill + graphic device thing.

offroaderdodge
04-01-2005, 10:53 PM
compustar is best bet,for your money that is,it is relatively instant,and the pager/remote makes noise and vibrates if alarm has been activated.i would say the 4500 foot range with a small antenna mounted to glass behind mirror and below tint is acceptable,after a couple days you wont even notice it.i have tried them on the corner of the windshield and the range is always severely comprimised.tell your installer no holes in dash whatsoever,make it clear that you want a clean install,and the only thing will be the adjustable shock sensor(if used) will have to be accessible.there is a pager sensor,you can leave that out,but it may serve as a glass break sensor too.good luck.