PDA

View Full Version : Sand Digger Project

MidnightDreamer
03-29-2005, 11:27 AM
Hey Guys,

I need some input on a project in my engineering design course regarding the design modification of a sand digger, making it useable for handicapped children. This sand digger is mainly targeting wheel-chair bound children.

For those who dont know what a sand digger is... it's a thing that digs sand at playgrounds using 2 levers.

We need ideas that can possibly make the sand digger more fun and interesting to play.

So far, our ideas have been graded as uncreatuve... Since we simply modified the control aspect of the digger...

Anyways... we would welcome any suggestions... Thanks for your time... peace out...

BTW... I know this project is a bit lanky... and so worth every penny of my $6000 tuition...

schurchill39
03-29-2005, 12:51 PM
what about get rid of the chair all together and bring the controls up higher ie vertical. I will pass this onto my mom as she works with people with disabilities and is always talking about things like this. Why dont you PM me your email and i will have her send you an email if she is interested