PDA

View Full Version : Fill up NOW! Gas is going up again!

ZMan2k2
03-29-2005, 02:51 PM
Just an alert for everyone. I was driving McKnight Blvd. And the Petro on McKnight and Centre was 89.9:eek: . The other stations were still around 85.9. So if ya gotta fill up, do it now!

403Gemini
03-29-2005, 02:52 PM
woo hoo did it last nite, and got a car wash too :)

nismodrifter
03-29-2005, 02:58 PM
still not tooooo bad...been 91.9 here in sask for the last couple weeks.

ninjak84
03-29-2005, 03:01 PM
I wish cars ran on stupidity.

Boosted_TL
03-29-2005, 03:01 PM
WOW 4 cents / L more !!!!!! Who cares, think about it, an average 40L tank, thats an extra $1.60..... So instead of $35.00 to fill it will be $36.60.......LOL

Nothing to go mad filling your tanks up.

sputnik
03-29-2005, 03:03 PM
im going to drive to medicine hat... someone said gas is 2 cents cheaper there!

thinmyster
03-29-2005, 03:04 PM
relax hes just trying to help out.. People usually flip out when gas goes up.. watch guarentee there will be mad lineups today

ryder_23
03-29-2005, 03:04 PM
it all adds up...

if u fill up once a week every year, thats an extra 83$...

and if reg is at 89.9...premium is atleast 97...which is a fuck load...making my car almost 60$ to fill up...if its bone dry...

Boosted_TL
03-29-2005, 03:08 PM
If you guys care that much ! Fill up @ Centex on Wednesday's, Saturday's and Sunday's. I fill Premium and its always 8-10 cents cheaper than any other gas station around.

On Sunday, I paid 83.9 for Premium, thats cheaper than Reg.

thinmyster
03-29-2005, 03:11 PM
what and where is centex ive never heard of it?

GQBalla
03-29-2005, 03:11 PM
wheres centex located?
and why only wednesdays, saturdays and sundays?

t-im
03-29-2005, 03:12 PM
16th avenue right???..across from sears or something? (centex)

vietdood
03-29-2005, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Boosted_TL
If you guys care that much ! Fill up @ Centex on Wednesday's, Saturday's and Sunday's. I fill Premium and its always 8-10 cents cheaper than any other gas station around.

On Sunday, I paid 83.9 for Premium, thats cheaper than Reg.

why wednesday, saturday, and sunday? getting my insurance on my 240 tomorrow and i gotta go fill up. so if gas is 89.9 then premium should be about 102.9

ryder_23
03-29-2005, 03:13 PM
i pay same price for reg as premium at my work...but still a bitch...

Boosted_TL
03-29-2005, 03:15 PM
Centex is a small Franchise, there is one on 16th AVE by North Hill mall and the new Home Depot. And the other is on Elbow between Southland and Heritage.

Because those 3 days of the week are their special gas prices days. I cant believe I am advertising for Centex....hahaha, cant believe you guys didnt know about it.

Even the other 4 days of the week, their gas prices are cheaper than the big stations.

86max
03-29-2005, 03:17 PM
Prices are going to be high all summer. I'm expecting to pay over a dollar a litre for 91/94 all season, yet I won't complain because I work in the oil business lol.

vietdood
03-29-2005, 03:17 PM
lol thank that's cool, i should start pumping gas there from now on

QuasarCav
03-29-2005, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by 86max
Prices are going to be high all summer. I'm expecting to pay over a dollar a litre for 91/94 all season, yet I won't complain because I work in the oil business lol.

:werd:

Keeps me employed too.

Check out calgarygasprices.com, seems that they are the only station with that price.

redline
03-29-2005, 03:22 PM
Oil price has dropped over $3/barrel over the last couple of days so i cant see the price increasing, if anything the price of gas should come down a bit.

AllGoNoShow
03-29-2005, 03:26 PM
"Should" *coough cough*

Yah my dads in the oil business aswell, I wonder if they got a fill station at work for the work trucks that I could use :D

Zero102
03-29-2005, 03:28 PM
There's several Centex stations around.
Centre st and 23 ave N. 16th ave and 16 st N.W. (I think it's 16th st), just off blackfoot trail and 15th st S.E., and the one on elbow are the only ones I know of.

Only issue is, they don't post the octane rating of their premium...

t-im
03-29-2005, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Zero102
There's several Centex stations around.
Centre st and 23 ave N. 16th ave and 16 st N.W. (I think it's 16th st), just off blackfoot trail and 15th st S.E., and the one on elbow are the only ones I know of.

Only issue is, they don't post the octane rating of their premium...

Does Centex have octane 89? i've noticed some stations don't.

benyl
03-29-2005, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by redline
Oil price has dropped over $3/barrel over the last couple of days so i cant see the price increasing, if anything the price of gas should come down a bit.

You won't see the effects of the $3 drop for at least a month.

max_boost
03-29-2005, 04:49 PM
Nice to know that my daily commute to work is less than 5kms, roundtrip :D

iceburns288
03-29-2005, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by redline

If oil prices go up it takes 2 hours for gas to go up, if they go down it takes 2 years to take effect....:thumbsdow

AllGoNoShow
03-29-2005, 06:08 PM
2 years? Your a little far out on that one buddy.

Weapon_R
03-29-2005, 07:00 PM
I just saw the Petro on Kensington at 89.9 too :eek:

Euro_Trash
03-29-2005, 07:05 PM
Yea thats a horrible feeling pumping loonies into your tank for premium

Rav4Guy
03-29-2005, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by vietdood

why wednesday, saturday, and sunday? getting my insurance on my 240 tomorrow and i gotta go fill up. so if gas is 89.9 then premium should be about 102.9

Premium is at 99.9

ESSO station on 17th avenue at 37st SW was 84.2, maybe it still is. I just filled up a couple hours ago. Other stations around there are 89.9. I filled up my 80L.

really... 5 cent/L increase is nothing. 5 cents times 50-60L is about $3.00. That's one less beer or two less coffees.

sCream
03-29-2005, 07:20 PM
i filled my car at 91 cents for premium today at ESSO, it was wierd, all the other stations were at 89.9 for regular, and i saw one lone esso on calgary trail in edmonton that was at 81 cents.. haha so i went there.

JordanEG6
03-29-2005, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by ninjak84
I wish cars ran on stupidity.

:rofl: :rofl: many cars would be very economical :rolleyes:

go to the reserve! its like 75 cents...hahaha

DJ Lazy
03-29-2005, 09:14 PM
WOW 4 cents / L more !!!!!! Who cares, think about it, an average 40L tank, thats an extra $1.60..... So instead of $35.00 to fill it will be $36.60.......LOL

hampstor
03-29-2005, 09:32 PM
I love how this works...

Rumors get spread that the price of gas is going to increase. Everyone runs out and buys gas in response. This causes a sudden increase in demand. Supply doesn't respond quick enough, so in the short run prices increase. Simple shortrun microeconomics + expectations :D

hampstor
03-29-2005, 09:35 PM
of course in reality as everyone else said, the increase in the price of gas per litre impacts the average person very little. It'll have a greater impact on people who depend on their car though.

c'mon lets not be sheep and make the price increase simply by buying more gas :D

D'z Nutz
03-29-2005, 09:41 PM
Hahaha! I thought that Paintbrush pic was a road map to some cheap gas station until I read your description :rofl:

JordanEG6
03-29-2005, 10:01 PM
^^^ :rofl: :rofl:

benyl
03-29-2005, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz
Hahaha! I thought that Paintbrush pic was a road map to some cheap gas station until I read your description :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

it is a brutal pic... lol

eblend
03-29-2005, 11:07 PM
hahah, I guess you did learn something form that damn economics course haha, self fulfilling prophesies

Moe Man
03-29-2005, 11:23 PM

it is not how much you have to pay extra, it is the amount you might save next time you fill up. i e: say you fill up now and 5 or 6 days from now you need to fill up again and the price is still 89.9/L, then the next day gas drops to 67.7/L. then calculate how much you would have saved :thumbsup:

ya i know i am going over the top but hey :whocares:

hampstor
03-29-2005, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz
Hahaha! I thought that Paintbrush pic was a road map to some cheap gas station until I read your description :rofl:

after I master notepad, I will master paintbrush! :rofl:

max_boost
03-30-2005, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by hampstor
I love how this works...

Rumors get spread that the price of gas is going to increase. Everyone runs out and buys gas in response. This causes a sudden increase in demand. Supply doesn't respond quick enough, so in the short run prices increase. Simple shortrun microeconomics + expectations :D haha that's brilliant :D :thumbsup: :rofl:

dooman24
03-30-2005, 12:59 AM
stupid increase... it adds up.. especially when it doesn't go back down.. lol i remember last summer.. filing up at like 56 cents/L was so nice.. haha then now it's like 89.9 it's like holy shit man.. if it keeps on going.. i'm gona back to pay double for what i used to..

Phy
03-30-2005, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by hampstor
I love how this works...

{insert sexy MSPaint graph here}

Ahhh, Econ 209... :thumbsup:

hampstor
03-30-2005, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Phy

Ahhh, Econ 209... :thumbsup:

Econ 201 / 203 / 301 / 303 / 357 / 359 ;)

sputnik
03-30-2005, 09:34 AM
- 89.9 gas means that oil is over $50/barrel

- if oil is over $50/barrel it means that Alberta will have another huge surplus

- huge surplus means one step closer to no Alberta income tax

- i will kick in my few cents for a better Alberta

TurboMedic
03-30-2005, 10:57 AM
You don't actually think they would get rid of income tax, do you?? Come on.....its too easy money for them....They can say they will do it all they want, it won't happen..

.And about the "I'll kick in a few cents for a better Alberta, again, I kicked in a few cents back when it went from 47c to 59c, and then I kicked in a few more cents when it went from 59c to 67c, oh, and then again when it went from 67c to 79c, not to be outdone, I put in more cents when it went from 79c to 83c, but no, they needed MORE money, so I said hey, why not, lets make a better alberta, why stop at an increase of close to 40c/litre, I think we need to be fucked more, so my last tank was at 94c....but now Alberta still isn't good, so lets try some more, I'm sure over $1 now!! Thats a 53c increase, how much better does it need to get???

I truly don't think I benifit at all to the high gas price.....Not in my business anyhow, I could see if I was part of the oil and gas sector sure, but they are just gonna post record profits, more money for them....I don't see how we can put up with it, especially because of the fact that most of it becomes profit....Thats not the point, it should be jeez, supply is tight, and we need to up the price...I think they are still producing just as much, just charging that much more for it!! Its absurd......I can't believe, I'm driving a Volkswagen, 4 cyl, with reasonable fuel economy, and I have to bitch about fuel cost.....It would be my fault had I been driving a Tahoe, or an Armada, but I'm doing my part....and I can't take transit, its just out of the question, I'm forced to drive to work, plus, only working with one other person eliminates car pooling....ugggghhhhh, I'm pissed......I'll find out how much to pay for 94oct later today, I'm working a block away from the sundance station....

sputnik
03-30-2005, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by TurboMedic
I truly don't think I benifit at all to the high gas price.....Not in my business anyhow, I could see if I was part of the oil and gas sector sure, but they are just gonna post record profits, more money for them....I don't see how we can put up with it, especially because of the fact that most of it becomes profit....Thats not the point, it should be jeez, supply is tight, and we need to up the price...I think they are still producing just as much, just charging that much more for it!! Its absurd......I can't believe, I'm driving a Volkswagen, 4 cyl, with reasonable fuel economy, and I have to bitch about fuel cost.....It would be my fault had I been driving a Tahoe, or an Armada, but I'm doing my part....and I can't take transit, its just out of the question, I'm forced to drive to work, plus, only working with one other person eliminates car pooling....ugggghhhhh, I'm pissed......I'll find out how much to pay for 94oct later today, I'm working a block away from the sundance station....

You drive an almost new GTI and you are complaining about gas prices going up a few cents?

Why not get a cheaper car. Or move to an area in town that is closer to your job or is easily accessible from Calgary Transit?

Moe Man
03-30-2005, 03:27 PM
good one, he is going to move places just so he can ride transit, because paying for gas is too expencive :thumbsup:

think about it man, that is absurd

Phy
03-30-2005, 03:48 PM
It's not that absurd. Cheap gas, IMO, is the ONLY reason suburban sprawl-type cities like Calgary exist. Cheap gas means you can drive farther from your home to your work, which means city planners can zone for more spread-out residential areas (and farther from commercial/industrial areas), which means big fat sprawling low-density cities.

benyl
03-30-2005, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Moe Man
good one, he is going to move places just so he can ride transit, because paying for gas is too expencive :thumbsup:

think about it man, that is absurd

Nothing absurd about it.

What is absurd is people who live in midnapore or further south (or any area far from the city center) that say that they can't afford to live in the inner city. Why not live in the city center, stop spending so much money on gas, walk to work, etc...

Obviously, there are a number of people who don't work downtown, but the same thing applies.

As mentioned in the post above, cheap gas is the reason why there are no more corner stores and you have to drive 5-10 miles to go to the shopping center to buy a litre of milk!

I don't like the fact that I will have to pay $1/litre soon for 94oct, but shit, somebody has to feed the 300 horses under my hood. I knew that when I bought my car. If it really bothered me, I would go and buy a Smart car or a hybrid.

You have to pay to play.

TurboMedic
03-30-2005, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

You drive an almost new GTI and you are complaining about gas prices going up a few cents?

Why not get a cheaper car. Or move to an area in town that is closer to your job or is easily accessible from Calgary Transit?

Hi, yes I am complaining, just as I'm sure everyone else driving a 4 banger is here....Remember, I stated when I bought my car, the price of gas was significantly cheaper than now.....Oh and about the moving to an area closer to where I work, that doesn't work.....We change stations every 3 months, so I could be anywhere in the city....And the transit thing, that doesn't work because of the station bouncing....Thanks for the help though

otto
03-30-2005, 05:34 PM
filled up in Cochrane it was 74.9

DJ Lazy
03-30-2005, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by benyl

Nothing absurd about it.

You have to pay to play.

Its part of the CHOICE you make when driving/buying a vehicle.

3G
03-30-2005, 06:38 PM
Thank god I drive a Honda!!!!

Audio_Rookie
03-30-2005, 06:43 PM
so we take all the oil and we pay high gas prices, perhaps we could take off some gas taxes and then not have as high a surplus.

I mean, I pay near 250$/month on gas, and I didnt spend 500$ on taxes last year. Im sure that varies, but its brutal when your 18 years old and you live 10 miles away from the nearest town. I spend around 1/3 of my money on gas!!!!!

djayz
03-30-2005, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by otto
filled up in Cochrane it was 74.9

thats pretty cheap...if you live close to cochrane it would be worth driving out there to fill up saving close to 15cent a litre

and Phuqu posted in the other thread that got closed.
"But to buy a liter of oil the price is always the same.

????"

haha why is that?

core_upt
03-30-2005, 07:29 PM
Centex is a small Franchise, there is one on 16th AVE by North Hill mall and the new Home Depot. And the other is on Elbow between Southland and Heritage.

Because those 3 days of the week are their special gas prices days. I cant believe I am advertising for Centex....hahaha, cant believe you guys didnt know about it.

Even the other 4 days of the week, their gas prices are cheaper than the big stations.

maybe its just me, but i seem to get pooer fuel economy when i use centex gas, as in only getting 420kms/tank versus 475; nothing major, but found it was happening consistently versus Esso gas.

i realize gas is a commodity, but i swear i noticed a difference!

Weapon_R
03-30-2005, 07:38 PM
Centex is shady and uses shitty gas I think. I went there a couple of times and got no where near the usual mileage on a tank. I'd rather just go to Esso or Shell, pay the few cents more, and get good gas.

Xtrema
03-30-2005, 08:21 PM
One of the refinery in the province got a mechanical problem and capacity is reduced by 25%.

Supply is now tighter, price goes up.

I think the government should start laying off on gas taxes. That's why other country's price is risen only 30% while we're on 50%. It's the stupid taxes.

Weapon_R
03-30-2005, 08:23 PM
Alberta already offered to lay off the gas tax if the feds would do the same, but the greedy bastards in Ottawa (read: Liberals) would not agree to it.

Rav4Guy
03-31-2005, 01:34 AM
Its kind of funny how people complain about gas... which is a couple bucks each time.... but they don't complain how much they spend on beer, or smokes, or other "fun" things. People spend money on turbos, CAI, superchargers, exhaust, etc.... yet we don't hear them complain how it'll increase their gas consumption.

If you're going to drive, you know what your getting into. Gas prices will always eventually increase, so if these prices have caused a significant financial problem, i'm sure you'll find alternate solutions in terms of transportation.

If you complain about how the transit isn't suitable, well.. is it not suitable because it would take you 4 hours to get to work....or.... you don't want to take calgary transit.

There are MANY ways to save money and complaining about how expensive gas is.... won't help.

I personally need to live with the fact that I use 14.2L/100KM in a V8, and yes... it hurts to see gas prices go up... but I expected my truck to use gas for the rest of its life. If gas prices went up to 3$/L, I'd still need it if I still wanted to use the truck.

benyl
03-31-2005, 09:10 AM
I agree with what you are saying to a degree. However, the price of beer and cigarettes don't jump 10% in a day and then go down and then up.

Funny, if this was a food service forum, people would be complaining about the price of ground beef (which remains higher than before the ban) instead of gas.

sputnik
03-31-2005, 09:22 AM
^ or the price of tomatoes after the hurricanes!

"I'm so mad, because I NEED tomatoes for my salads! There is NOTHING i can do but suffer and pay the INFLATED prices to the criminals like Safeway and CO-OP"

sillyd
03-31-2005, 09:46 AM
101.9 for premium in calgary???? Unfuckinbelievable! When i went to van last year i paid same price and nearly choked. Now i'm mad:guns:

sputnik
03-31-2005, 09:54 AM
For those that fill with premium, Safeway premium is only 7 cents higher than regular instead of 10 cents like everywhere else.

awd
03-31-2005, 10:00 AM
$52 for me to fill up my impreza is stupid.

Phy
03-31-2005, 10:47 AM
Yeah, it's annoying as hell, but you can always get philosophical about it. They've had to deal with shit like this in Europe and Japan for YEARS. If it's that big a deal, buy a bike, or a scoot. Or a hybrid. Or a Dodge frigging Colt.

Rav4Guy
03-31-2005, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by benyl
I agree with what you are saying to a degree. However, the price of beer and cigarettes don't jump 10% in a day and then go down and then up.

Funny, if this was a food service forum, people would be complaining about the price of ground beef (which remains higher than before the ban) instead of gas.

but unfortunately, prices of cigarettes DID jump 50% in one day. Plus, gas prices jumped from 84.9 to 89.9 which is 5 cents, which is roughly 6%.

Lots of prices go up and down, especially food at supermarkets. Fruits and vegetables have fluctuating prices and the comment above with the tomoto(e)s.... :D

80 bucks to fill up my 4runner.

milhouse
03-31-2005, 12:11 PM
Its 94.9 in Sasktoon as of yesterday

TurboMedic
03-31-2005, 12:29 PM
None of my mods increase fuel economy, and its factory forced induction.....so I'll still bitch!

HTN SWCHS
03-31-2005, 01:22 PM
do i feel a tornado fuel saver group buy?? :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Moe Man
04-01-2005, 01:47 PM
i am up for it :thumbsup:

JAYMEZ
04-01-2005, 03:27 PM
Ugh , 1 buck a Litre last night , talk about rape :thumbsdow

youngbex
04-01-2005, 03:32 PM
im just happy i dont need to fork out teh big bucks for premium anymore

googe
04-01-2005, 03:58 PM
$1.12 for regular at a few stations in the north already. 10 cents more for premium. this is getting out of hand.

QuasarCav
04-01-2005, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by googe
$1.12 for regular at a few stations in the north already. 10 cents more for premium. this is getting out of hand.

WTF?????

1.12 per litre of regular gas in Calgary, this i've got to see.

xDiMSuMx
04-01-2005, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by googe

some kinda april fools joke?

i can't find that price on calgarygasprices.com

lastprodigy
04-01-2005, 04:23 PM
i have never seen the sign above a dollar......dont even know what it would look like...99.9 in van rite now

sputnik
04-01-2005, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by xDiMSuMx

some kinda april fools joke?

i can't find that price on calgarygasprices.com

89 to 112 is pretty ridiculous... weak attempt at an april fools joke

googe
04-01-2005, 07:11 PM
;)

HTN SWCHS
04-02-2005, 02:28 AM
that was pathetic, but it worked

Xtrema
04-03-2005, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by sputnik
For those that fill with premium, Safeway premium is only 7 cents higher than regular instead of 10 cents like everywhere else.

Same as Superstore.

3.5 cents off + 3.5 cents grocery money + 3 cents less on premium + 1% back on PC Mastercard = BEST gas deal in town.

ReginaCivicGSR
04-03-2005, 03:33 AM
yea too high

CryoCarnage
04-03-2005, 12:38 PM
here in Mississauga its at 91,6 today. premium is at 103.6 :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: It sucks.

TurboMedic
04-03-2005, 04:11 PM
I paid 99.5 for 94 oct at Husky on Bow trail today....