PDA

View Full Version : Manifold pics

legendboy
01-02-2003, 05:14 PM
Just a couple pics of the rough fab of my new manifold. It still needs to be sandblasted, the collector needs to be finished and I'm going to tig all the welds to lay them out a bit, then sand them down.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid45/pe62c993b741df348c3202a6e5931cb97/fcd82e77.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid45/p58c1b0d883edb4b989b8c354ac130047/fcd82e76.jpg

Equal length for this~

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/legend88/crap/MVC-001X.JPG

Here's a picture of Leos old manifold, notice the large gapping crack!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid45/pb9289d28eee569b557deb3b4412d7f02/fcd82e74.jpg

Here is Leos replacement, Shadows is also getting one of these. All these new peices are 8 gauge material, this log style is stainless. Also not quite finished.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid45/pdc7260222fa6945c761234ec86ca627a/fcd82e72.jpg

Dope Dealer
01-02-2003, 05:16 PM
Nice work Legendboy ;) Looks great! Haha, Leo's old Manifold is shot.

Redlyne_mr2
01-02-2003, 05:31 PM
Dude that looking awesome...hehe I remember having a look at Leo's manifold you could see right through it....are you putting a t4 on...cant wait to see the finished product

Superesc
01-02-2003, 05:33 PM
Woo man they are looking better and better!!!!

del-lude
01-02-2003, 05:50 PM
those look pretty good.
nice work:thumbsup:

LUDELVR
01-02-2003, 07:49 PM
I can only see red X's! But I guess anything is better than what I had!!! hahahaha, But thanks for the update. Was wondering what was up! :thumbsup:

LUDELVR
01-02-2003, 07:52 PM
okay, I'm getting the pics now! Fuck my old manifold was beat ass!! haha, looking good though corey, looking damn good!! Your manifold is fucking sweet dude! Man, I wish I knew how to weld! I guess I'll throw that on my things to learn this year!! ;)

Zephyr
01-02-2003, 08:03 PM
wut do u have to do to make a crack like that?

LUDELVR
01-02-2003, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Zephyr
wut do u have to do to make a crack like that?

I had to get a new flange welded on so we had to move it over and seal it up. Simply put though, it's the welds that began to crack! That crack actually went about 90% around the entire tube and on top of that, there were about a ton of other cracks all over the manifold. Corey says it was a shitty weld job and I agree seeing that his didn't get even close to being that bad!! haha my manifold had more crack than harlem!!!!:rofl: :rofl:

HRD2PLZ
01-02-2003, 08:16 PM
nice stainless manifold Corey ;) :thumbsup:

legendboy
01-02-2003, 09:08 PM
Thanks guys, I'm also now making 3" exhausts. As long as you can give me your old exhaust to copy the design.

2000impreza
01-02-2003, 10:14 PM
nice work. hehe. :thumbsup:

cocoabrova
01-02-2003, 10:29 PM
Nice welding Corey.... Hey I want a manifold like yours, that's the :bigpimp: shiet :thumbsup:

350hp_or_Bust
01-03-2003, 09:49 AM
man, that's looking good... did you buy mandrel bent stuff and cut it to what you wanted or did you have an exhaust shop bend them?

who made the flanges for you? Superior?

Did you make or buy the collector on the first manifold?

I may have to give you a call in the future for some work :) what kind of equipment do you have?

legendboy
01-03-2003, 09:59 AM
Thats 1/8" thick cast steel and forged stainless.

I make the flanges with my plasma cuttter

Yes I made the collector but its not that nice. Idealy one would have the same peices taken out of each pipe of the collector by way of a CNC. I did it on our band saw so there not exactly perfect. I almost cut my damn hand off making that damn thing, lol But it should work good!

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/legend88/Smiles/smilecoin.gif

350hp_or_Bust
01-03-2003, 10:31 AM
still. I think it looks pretty good.... but always remember: safety first! haha

I'll be in the market for a custom exhaust manifold in the future (a year or so down the line). The header style one is kinda what I had in mind. I just wish I had the equipment available to me.

LUDELVR
01-03-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by 350hp_or_Bust
still. I think it looks pretty good.... but always remember: safety first! haha

I'll be in the market for a custom exhaust manifold in the future (a year or so down the line). The header style one is kinda what I had in mind. I just wish I had the equipment available to me.

haha, hey man, you're back huh? how's the vacation!! Already scouting for turbo stuff I see!! hahaha,:rofl: :rofl:

350hp_or_Bust
01-03-2003, 01:32 PM
I've always got my ears on for deals!

Vacation was great. you can only spend so much time with family though! :lol:

90_Shelby
01-05-2003, 10:38 PM
That looks pretty good:thumbsup:
It must be nice when you have some room to work with.

I'm just about done mine as well. Mine was a bitch since the header is surrounded by the Intake which is right above it, the starter below it, power steering beside it, and the firewall not far behind it. :nut: Very little room to work with using Weld Els. On mine I actually merged all the pipes together to the size of the inlet on the turbine, no collector, just cut the sides out and welded up. It was very tight to weld but it didn't turn out to bad for my first attempt.

Overall thats a bad ass design. What car is it for? It looks similar to the one Nelson had on his car.

P.S. Was that you on the streetbike 2 years ago that raced Dom at 50th?

legendboy
01-05-2003, 11:52 PM
hehehe, yep, that was me. That was one fast 911 lol. I won the first one and he won the second one:eek:

I pulled a turbo off a K-car once, took me like 3 fricken hours! I was all cut up and sore. Chryslers are hard ass to work on. I so glad my car has lots of room. Thats for my integra btw.

I copied Jeff at www.full-race.com's manifold. I didn't even know that nelson had the same style on his civic. I've never actually seen his civic.

90_Shelby
01-06-2003, 01:08 AM
No offense but he was fucking with you the first race;)

Later that night I got a ride in that car, HOLY MOTHER OF GOD! and almost no wheel spin at all. I hope to see that car out again next summer.

If you've worked on Turbo Dodges before than you should have some understanding of how difficult a header would be to build. Not Fun at All, but I'll post picks within the week................... hopefully:nut:

legendboy
01-06-2003, 09:12 AM
Thats what I figured, after the first race at the end of 50th he got me to shine my headlight in his car and he was adjustting something, I assume his boost controller. hehe His car was going sideways going into 3rd gear the next race. I've never seen anything like it before!!!! After I talked to him for a while and he was telling me that he rarely looses to bikes! I believe him. He seemed like a cool guy, he's a great big mofo too haha! My GSX-R had a 16 tooth sproket also so that had a bit to do with my loosing, especially in the first 2 gears. He pulled ahead and I stayed just behind him the whole way.

Ya, Making a dodge header would be a major pain in the ass for sure!