PDA

View Full Version : machining

LUDELVR
01-02-2003, 08:01 PM
Does anyone here work in a machine shop or know someone that can get good deals at a machine shop? I need something made.

Weapon_R
01-02-2003, 08:23 PM
Sorry to bomb on your topic, but I am looking for a machine shop that grinds metal and polishes it - any recommendations.

legendboy
01-02-2003, 08:41 PM
superior automotive.

LUDELVR
01-02-2003, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by legendboy
superior automotive.

hahha, that's it! I forgot the name!!! hahaha

350hp_or_Bust
01-03-2003, 09:43 AM
Check out BRC Manufacturing. They looked pretty good when I went through there, but they're usually pretty busy.

Atlas plastics is the machine shop we use at work. They've done a few little jobs for me for free too, but I don't think they tend to do 'walk in' jobs. They prefer to build a relationship with their customers for repeat business.

LUDELVR
01-03-2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by 350hp_or_Bust
Check out BRC Manufacturing. They looked pretty good when I went through there, but they're usually pretty busy.

Atlas plastics is the machine shop we use at work. They've done a few little jobs for me for free too, but I don't think they tend to do 'walk in' jobs. They prefer to build a relationship with their customers for repeat business.

well I need a little stem with a threaded end made. Do you think that you could talk to them and see what they could do?:D

350hp_or_Bust
01-03-2003, 01:34 PM
I'll talk to him, but we're not sending anything out his way for a few months at least (that's usually when he'll do the extra little jobs for me).

Depending on how big or intricate it is though, I couldn't see a machine shop charging more than $20 to do.