PDA

View Full Version : Sin City *Spoiler alert*

D'z Nutz
03-30-2005, 11:24 PM
Anyone go to the screening tonight? Fucken awesome movie!!!! I knew Robert Rodriguez could pull this one off!

lsc2g
03-30-2005, 11:30 PM
i'll go this weekend it looks fuckin awesome..

plus jessica alba is SOO fuckin hot in it..

ps.. go pick up the new GQ with her in it.. or google jessica alba GQ HQ and you'll get the pics.. fucking gorgeous!:hitit:

RickDaTuner
03-30-2005, 11:32 PM
aww theres one tonight?

i get to watch it tomm night, bt yeah this movie is in a genre all it own, Bruce Willis says its redefining Action movies

Wildcat
03-31-2005, 12:21 AM
definetly goin to check it out on friday

^SkylinE^
03-31-2005, 12:21 AM
Going to see it sunday night! Can't wait ... hope its worth my money!:thumbsup:

KAVIE
03-31-2005, 12:29 AM
From the preview it looked like the movie was just in three colors Red, black, white? etc? Is this true?

D'z Nutz
03-31-2005, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by KAVIE
From the preview it looked like the movie was just in three colors Red, black, white? etc? Is this true?

Nope, there's yellow too! Hahaha!

Yeah, I'd definitely recommend this movie. Fuck, I'd pay to go see it again. I never followed the Sin City comics, but I am familiar with Frank Miller's other comic work and the movie does an awesome job of capturing his artistic style and story telling.

Despair*
03-31-2005, 01:12 PM
I'm definately going to see it this weekend. Ever since i saw the trailer I knew it was going to be awesome. And with a cast like that you really can't argue :thumbsup:

RickDaTuner
04-01-2005, 08:20 AM
i saw it last night, Tarentino Killed the movie, sorry to say, it felt like watching Kill Bill all over again, the story was awsome though, gotta give it that

Altezza
04-01-2005, 11:53 AM
Yumm....

http://www.sfu.ca/~gtsanga/sin.gif

CRXguy
04-01-2005, 12:19 PM
^^
Whoa... Hello!!!! :poosie:

finboy
04-01-2005, 01:12 PM
i think i'll go check it out tonight, it looks AWSOME

Clever
04-01-2005, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Altezza
Yumm....

http://www.sfu.ca/~gtsanga/sin.gif

i'd go see it just for that.

:poosie:

it's one of the movies that i've been waiting for Frank M. work is nothing ordinary.:thumbsup:

kiwi
04-01-2005, 03:40 PM
Gonna try to see it tonight!

403Gemini
04-01-2005, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz

Nope, there's yellow too! Hahaha!

Yeah, I'd definitely recommend this movie. Fuck, I'd pay to go see it again. I never followed the Sin City comics, but I am familiar with Frank Miller's other comic work and the movie does an awesome job of capturing his artistic style and story telling.

yea man like some of the more violent punisher comics, the batman dark knights returns, etc. awesome shit he puts out, its good to see that he directed it.

going to see it probably this weekend or next week

403Gemini
04-01-2005, 04:52 PM
weird it wont let me edit, so anyways

i saw it last night, Tarentino Killed the movie, sorry to say, it felt like watching Kill Bill all over again, the story was awsome though, gotta give it that

i dunno how thats possible. he was a guest director, not THE director. he got to direct one scene.

Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller co-directed. Tarantino is billed as a "Special Guest Director". Rodriguez scored Kill Bill vol.2 for $1, so Tarantino reciprocated by filming a short segment of Sin City for $1. As a result, he's now hooked on HD cameras over film. In addition to co-directing, Frank Miller has a cameo as a priest.

Lo)2enz0
04-01-2005, 05:40 PM
i was thinking that it would be like every other cartoon/game come to life, a disappointment.

but from the rumors, i think i will go for sure

Kirbs17
04-01-2005, 09:27 PM
Gonna try and see it tonight, looks good :thumbsup:

kiwi
04-02-2005, 01:17 AM
*SPOILER ALERT!!!*

At the beginning when Josh Hartnett (sp?) kills the woman in red, he says something like, "... tomorrow I will cash her cheque..."

What was that all about?

Hash_man
04-02-2005, 01:45 AM
At the beginning when Josh Hartnett (sp?) kills the woman in red, he says something like, "... tomorrow I will cash her cheque..."

What was that all about?

I believe he's a hitman (got paid to kill her)

Saw it tonight... AWESOME movie... probably the best i've seen in a year. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

dj_honda
04-02-2005, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by kiwi
*SPOILER ALERT!!!*

What was that all about?

yea he is a hitman. he starts the movie and ends it.....i love that scene. the wordplay is awesome...it makes it sound like hes an ex-boyfriend or boyfriend or something until he kills her. that scene was also pre-released a long time ago at comic con or something.

best movie i saw in a long time. i like this movie way better than the kill bills which were the last two movies i saw that i really enjoyed.

what storyline did you guys like the most? i liked marv's, although hartigans is cool too. mainly cause of jessica alba though.

Kirbs17
04-02-2005, 02:21 AM
Oh man, jessica alba looks so fine in the hartigan section, but Rourke pissed me off. I liked marv's, hes funny as hell. Devon Aoki looked mighty fine in that flick as well. Best movie ive seen in '05

Some Eye candy

Jessica Alba 1 (from the movie) (http://www.thesuperficial.com/archives/ja108.jpg)
Jessica Alba 2 (from the movie) (http://www.thesuperficial.com/archives/ja107.jpg)

Wildcat
04-02-2005, 03:15 AM
dude, this movie stomped so much ass. i fucking loved it. definetly a DVD collection purchase.

KLCC
04-02-2005, 04:42 AM
:( I wan to see it so bad too, but it is not showing over here in taiwan and I am also very sure there is not going to be enough people with enough interest (comic knowledge) to see it......

D'z Nutz
04-02-2005, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by dj_honda
that scene was also pre-released a long time ago at comic con or something.

Not only that, but that was the scene that Robert Rodriguez used to convince Frank Miller to let him film the movie. Initially Miller refused to release the film rights to any of his comics, so Rodriguez went ahead and filmed that scene on his own. It was pretty much a "Here's what I want to do with Sin City if you'll let me" sort of thing.

what storyline did you guys like the most? i liked marv's, although hartigans is cool too. mainly cause of jessica alba though.

I really couldn't pick a favorite scene cause it was such a cool movie. I think Marv's scene had the coolest story. The glowing X'ed bandaids on Marv looked just like the pics from the comic, which was really slick. And I've always though Carla Gugino (Lucielle) was a fine looking lady.

Hartigan's scene was pretty cool too and Jessica Alba's hip swivling made it that much better! Hahaha! Ripping out Yellow Bastard's "weapon" at the end was pretty fucked up, but so was bashing his head to a pulp! Fucken awesome!

I liked Dwight's scene cause Benicio Del Toro was pretty freaky with those glaring eyes.

Kirbs17
04-02-2005, 11:50 AM
lol when dwight was hearing things from the head, I couldnt stop laughing. And then when Miho shoots the arrow through the henchman, and hes like "hey, look at this" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

kiwi
04-02-2005, 12:00 PM
^^^ that henchmen reminded me of Seth Green for some reason... lol

88CRX
04-02-2005, 06:04 PM
best movie i've seen in a long long time :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

sorta like pulp fiction, but 10x better :thumbsup:

ApexDrift
04-02-2005, 06:26 PM
action from beginning till end! its worth getting to the theater early for good seats...

i was squrming the second time hartigan said "i took away his weapon and his other weapon"

GorG
04-03-2005, 08:33 PM
^^^^^^ i pissed my pants laughing after that line

finboy
04-03-2005, 10:57 PM
AWSOME movie, i'll be buying it on dvd for sure.

Wildcat
04-04-2005, 12:06 AM
this is actually one of the first movie threads we've had for a while where the movie was fucking awesome. most of the time the movies posted just get flamed like crazy.

finboy
04-04-2005, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by Wildcat
this is actually one of the first movie threads we've had for a while where the movie was fucking awesome. most of the time the movies posted just get flamed like crazy.

thats because most movies suck ass :rofl:

abyss
04-04-2005, 08:07 AM

I didn't like Sin City, everything was connected, which was cool, but since I'm not a fan of comic books, I found the whole story to be too short, not really any plot just a whole bunch of killing. However, if I had gone in knowing a little more about the style and or with any sort of expectation I'm sure I would've enjoyed it more.

ricosuave
04-04-2005, 08:26 AM
^^
i agree with that - as far as the plot goes, meh.... the visual style and camera work were all amazing though...

RiCE-DaDDy
04-04-2005, 02:44 PM
finally, a TRUE comic book adaptation

Mr. Burns
04-04-2005, 02:49 PM
Awesome movie for sure. i will be seeing it again no doubt.

hampstor
04-05-2005, 08:25 AM
I had no expections at all going into the movie... all I knew was that there was Jessica Alba and Bruce Willis in it :D

I didn't really enjoy it though, as Abyss said, it felt like there was no plot to it (like a comic book). Then again, it was a comic book adaptation. The movie visually looked really good, except when that rourke's son made his return and my first reaction was "how the hell did star trek get mixed into this" :rofl:

Phy
04-05-2005, 08:44 AM
^^ "That Yellow Ferengi Bastard":thumbsup:

I went into it with no expectations also... I thought it was hella awesome, on style alone. Kinda agree on the thinness of the plot in each arc (some woman gets shit on by The Man, unstoppable badass goes after The Man, The Man gets taken a-fucking-part), but I think it was more about the themes anyway. Y'know, like "Beat the shit out of The Man", and "A male-dominated society is a bad place to be a woman".

Audio_Rookie
04-05-2005, 11:59 AM
great movie!
I like it when Marv gets electricuted int he chair...then hes still alive, and they have to electricute him again.

shakalaka
04-05-2005, 01:37 PM
O man. What a wicked movie. checked it out last night. Freaking awesome. Deff. one of the greatest I have seen so far this year. Awesome.!!

BumpinTalon
04-05-2005, 10:56 PM
that movie kicked ass!! everybody was good in it. marv was a complete badass, that was my favorite part of the movie. bruce willis was cool. so was clive owen. the whole movie though I was waiting for the part where all three parts would intertwine... but the only connections I got were that the Senator Rorke guy (nick stahl was his kid) was the cardinal's brother, elijah wood was on the senator's farm, goldie was that one chick from Old Town's sister... and Clive Owen's story ark didn't really have anything to do with Marv or Bruce's. did I miss something/

shakalaka
04-05-2005, 10:58 PM
No I think thats pretty much it. I am pretty sure as hell there gonna be more parts to that movie and maybe then they will come all together.

BumpinTalon
04-05-2005, 11:00 PM
I dunno maybe. Bruce Willis' guy is dead so that kind of closes off any kind of connections there. the three stories did have the same central theme - they did it all for the woman of their dreams.

Wildcat
04-05-2005, 11:04 PM
theyre not really supposed to intertwine, theyre based on seperate books that take place in sin city, so totally different stories. Marv's story was the first book called "The Hard Goodbye", the third book was dwights story "The big fat kill" (the second book also introduces dwight and revolves around him), and hartigans story was the 4th book "That yellow bastard". and theres 7 books in all i beleive, im praying for a sequal.

BumpinTalon
04-05-2005, 11:04 PM
here's a cool link givin side-by-side comparisons of the comic art to the movie: http://www.filmrot.com/images/sincity-comparisons/sincity.html

finboy
04-05-2005, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by BumpinTalon
here's a cool link givin side-by-side comparisons of the comic art to the movie: http://www.filmrot.com/images/sincity-comparisons/sincity.html

wow, some of the details that they matched were incredible :eek:

Wildcat
04-05-2005, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by BumpinTalon

wow, awesome find! :thumbsup:

Chiggles
04-07-2005, 03:29 AM
I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this movie at all. I was surprised to see that this unique style of presentation was done so incredibly well. It was dark, agressive, sexy, and humorous at times. Definitely will probably end up being one of my favourites of all time. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

inthesky
04-09-2005, 01:28 AM
I also am not sure what josh harnett's role was as a hitman. I suspect it might be another completely seperate storyline like the other three sagas, but they only touched on this one. maybe someone who read the comics will know.

haha i liked marv's storyline too. he the funniest lines. frodo baggins on steroids & speed is pretty goddamn scary

Phy
04-09-2005, 03:09 AM
Josh Hartnett's story was apparently only 3 pages in the comics - just a brief glimpse of what life is like in Sin City.

Spoileriffic:

I think the girl in red hired him to kill her.

Euro_Trash
04-09-2005, 03:14 AM
Saw it tonite, new favorite movie, Pulp Fiction with a close second. I was so dissapointed when the movie ended, I just wanted it to go on and on. Well worth the money

Kor
04-09-2005, 03:21 AM
I think the girl in red hired him to kill her.

Why think that?

To the contrary I think that he was just a hired killer and someone else hired him, for whatever reason (left unsaid). Basically to show that it happens all the time in Sin City, and to establish what his character does for later in the movie when it becomes relevant.

Wildcat
04-09-2005, 03:47 AM
that scene was from "The Dame wore red", the 5th book i beleive.

Benny
04-09-2005, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by Euro_Trash
Saw it tonite, new favorite movie, Pulp Fiction with a close second. I was so dissapointed when the movie ended, I just wanted it to go on and on. Well worth the money

:werd:

I loved every moment of it. It'll be in my top 3 favorite movies of all time for sure.

Kor
04-09-2005, 09:43 AM
that scene was from "The Dame wore red", the 5th book i beleive.

Ahh I am not a comic reader.

gggunit
04-10-2005, 10:19 AM
I didnt get it .. i wasnt in the right state of mind and niether were the people that watched it with me.. can someone put all together for me?:nut:

Crazy camera angles..

Did you guys see the trailer to Star Wars?? insane!!! makes me wanna watch the whole series to see whats going on..

cycosis
04-12-2005, 12:21 AM
that movie was so amazing. i freakin love jessica alba now, shes soooooooo hot (see sig)

gggunit
04-12-2005, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by cycosis
that movie was so amazing. i freakin love jessica alba now, shes soooooooo hot (see sig)

HAHHAHA

sig deleted my Moderator.:rofl:

Kirbs17
04-12-2005, 12:45 PM
thats a hot sig cycosis :poosie: j/k

have any of you guys tried the "Create custom background" option on the official website? Holy damn its hot.

D'z Nutz
05-01-2005, 02:47 PM
Bump! Sin City action figures!

http://www.spencergifts.com/images/prodimg/5001321b.jpg

http://www.spencergifts.com/images/prodimg/5001322b.jpg

http://www.spencergifts.com/images/prodimg/5001323b.jpg

http://www.spencergifts.com/images/prodimg/5001324b.jpg

http://www.spencergifts.com/images/prodimg/5001325b.jpg

http://www.spencergifts.com/images/prodimg/5001326b.jpg