PDA

View Full Version : Parked Smart car tipped over in Alberta

nismodrifter
03-30-2005, 11:44 PM
http://www.mbcanada.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=7930&st=0
"I am so F***ing mad right now I could just spit bullets. I got woke up this morning at 6:30 by a phone call from my neighbor telling me that my smartie was laying on it's side in my driveway. It broke the window, both fenders, the mirror, the door handle, the door panel and I don't know what else. It's still laying on it's side waiting for the police to get here. Some liite bas***ds with nothing else to do at 2:00 in the morning and no respect for anyone elses property. Good thing I didn't catch them in the act as I'm sure I'd be on my way to jail right now. Here's a pic of my poor smartie right now and I'll post more when it's upright again. I'm puuting a $1000.00 reward for the arrest of those responsible. I'm damn sure that they'll be bragging to their buddies at school. It just pisses me off. It's not like we live in a so called bad neighborhood. Maybe there's just no good neighborhoods left. "

RickDaTuner
03-30-2005, 11:46 PM
wasnt national transmisson the one that was on the news a while back, for ripping people off badly....?

chris
03-30-2005, 11:46 PM
that sucks, some guys probably got drunk and instead of going cow tipping, went car tipping

kiwi
03-30-2005, 11:47 PM
The poor car!

Redlyne_mr2
03-30-2005, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by RickDaTuner
wasnt national transmisson the one that was on the news a while back, for ripping people off badly....?
If that's true then theres some of their karma back at them.

kaput
03-30-2005, 11:54 PM

autospeed
03-31-2005, 12:04 AM
That totally sucks man, i feel ya on the part of ignorant bastards with no respect. I can't believe the second post in this thread was about national transmission:banghead:
I'll definately keep a lookout and ask friends at the u if they've heard anything, but the majority of the people i know aren't that stupid or ignorant.

RickDaTuner
03-31-2005, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by autospeed
That totally sucks man, i feel ya on the part of ignorant bastards with no respect. I can't believe the second post in this thread was about national transmission:banghead:
I'll definately keep a lookout and ask friends at the u if they've heard anything, but the majority of the people i know aren't that stupid or ignorant.

im out to lunch on your head bang against my question?

AllGoNoShow
03-31-2005, 12:07 AM
hey newbie, it isnt his car, read the f'in website

Anyways back on topic, HAHA, sorry it sucks I know but its kinda funny that its been done, I think everyone has joked about it but never done it or seen it happen.

t-im
03-31-2005, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by AllGoNoShow
hey newbie, it isnt his car, read the f'in website

Who's the newbie here?...you need to calm down man.

But yeah, is tipping a smart car that easy with 2 or so people?

replayboy
03-31-2005, 01:05 AM
That sucks.

403Gemini
03-31-2005, 02:27 AM
i always wonder why people do stupid shit like that to other peoples property

"OMFG IM HARDCORE!!!"

Ben
03-31-2005, 04:13 AM
wasn't an unheard of event when the toyota echo came out...seems pretty easy to do with a car of that body style. 2 strong guys or 3 average guys could do that no problem. Hell, my old jetta, I could lift the back corner off the ground myself without too much trouble.

djayz
03-31-2005, 05:03 AM
yah thats what you get for having a car that weighs less than a 1000pounds

what happens when you drive this car on a windy day n e body know?

haha this was posted in responce to that guys post
"Maybe we should look into the smart alarm - it has a tipping sensor... "

JordanEG6
03-31-2005, 12:49 PM
some people have no respect whatso ever. i like the smart car, you can weave through traffic likeno ones business. hahaha. poor car tho, i feel sorry for the guy

integra_vate
03-31-2005, 01:16 PM
time to put razors on the side skirts that will do the trick :guns: :guns:

Nismo S13
03-31-2005, 01:22 PM
i agrre, razors would be a great solution, and sorry for your loss, hope u find the fuckers and kill them!!!! NOT COOL MAN:thumbsdow

pyro
03-31-2005, 02:18 PM
ya i read about in the lethbridge paper, i was so pissed when i heard about it especially just comming back for europe and seeing every 2nd car one of these, some people just dont have any respect anymore. i doubt anyone will want one now since they know that some piece of shit will just come along and tip it over:banghead: :guns:

2002civic
03-31-2005, 02:18 PM
^^its not the posters car..

2002civic
03-31-2005, 02:21 PM
wow this happened in leth i never noticed, first my car broken into over reading week, then the rims jacke doff some guys car and now this, plus my gf's car got a nice dent in th efendor at the Uni parking lot last week thnx to a hit and run, this town licks full of lil high school punks that think their hot shit:banghead:

rmk
03-31-2005, 02:23 PM
disrespectful yes, but kind of funny. wouldn't you hear the car being tipped over?

phat97yukon
03-31-2005, 05:32 PM
If it happened in lethbridge, mabey no one tipped it over, mabey the wind did..... :dunno: :nut:

BumpinTalon
03-31-2005, 05:37 PM
its easy to fuck with cars that small. some guy at my high school used to drive a pontiac firefly, so one day the football team picked it up and moved it about 100 yards into the baseball diamond, and then the other time they turned his car sideways in his parking spot so there was no way he could get out.

Chester
04-01-2005, 12:53 AM
damn that sucks balls

ryder_23
04-01-2005, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by BumpinTalon
its easy to fuck with cars that small. some guy at my high school used to drive a pontiac firefly, so one day the football team picked it up and moved it about 100 yards into the baseball diamond, and then the other time they turned his car sideways in his parking spot so there was no way he could get out.

:rofl: we did the same sort of thing to my buddies GTI in highschool...Parked him sideways between two cars so he couldnt get out...

nismodrifter
04-01-2005, 11:24 AM
they found out who did it, 18 year olds told some other people what they had done and after hearing about the reward they turned the guys in.
"No reward will be paid out until there is a formal conviction. This may take quite some time as we all know how quickly the courts work. We have names, phone numbers and address's of the evil culprits, but the police are going to finish working with the prints off the car before any arrests are made.

One of the evil ones just turned 18 in February, so this should at least stick on his record. On a side note, he alternates living in Calgary and Lethbridge, so we need to have him prosecuted for everyone's sake. The others involved are under 18 as far as we know. Please, everyone needs to be extremely careful with their smarties until this is over.

I do have a very good feeling that we have the right people involved in this crime, as they spent most of yesterday bragging about what they had done. Then the newspaper came out with the report on the FRONT page along with the reward offer. They just happened to tell some of the wrong people, who I might add is also a young person. Not all teenagers are bad.

My phone also rang off the hook yesterday, not from tips, but from people just wanting to say how bad they feel after such a cute car got hurt. I guess it's not just smart owners that get attached to these cars. The response has been overwhelming. "

also a copy incident happened in Windsor
"Another bit of sad news, from the Windsor (Ontario) Star

Smart car damaged at U of W; suspects sought
The University of Windsor Campus Community Police are looking for a number of students who turned a Smart car on its side, causing more than $5,000 in damage.

Access to fully story requires subscription.

http://www.canada.com/windsor/windsorstar/...72-7a3dc29fb1cc "

2002civic
04-01-2005, 01:12 PM
well thats some good news a cpl of the punks finally got busted in this town, although not by the police as usual

abyss
04-01-2005, 01:19 PM
what happened to good old fashioned "cow tipping"? now they have to go around tipping people's cars?

finboy
04-01-2005, 01:26 PM
i know thats rough and all, but i still can't help but laugh at how funny that looks.

BlueGoblin
04-01-2005, 01:46 PM
Back in 2000 or 2001, I saw a Honda Accord that got the same treatment about a block from the SAIT res.... Wonder how many of them it took to do that vs the Smart?

SaabKraft
04-01-2005, 01:51 PM
wonder if that's as common in europe... man, what a horrible feeling, just no respect or anything. best of luck at getting legitimate legal payback.

/////AMG
04-01-2005, 02:00 PM
Ohhh that sucks!! Glad they caught the idiots!

GT2NV
04-01-2005, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by chris
that sucks, some guys probably got drunk and instead of going cow tipping, went car tipping :rofl: :rofl:

HTN SWCHS
04-01-2005, 08:31 PM
not even one pwn3d remark:confused:

/////AMG
04-04-2005, 10:13 AM
^^ Guess not, guess people don't think of it as a joke. Just those kids who did it probably. But people who are laughing are because they think the car loks weird.

But anyway, heres a link some guy set up from a MR2 Forum, for guests to post and reply!
Let them know where you heard about the story (Beyond!!).

http://www.mbcanada.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=8045

BerserkerCatSplat
04-04-2005, 10:42 AM
I feel sorry for the owner of the car, but if someone did it correctly (ie laid down some heavy foam and body supports, removed wing mirror), this could be done as a good prank on someone, without causing damage.

Heck, if one of my friends bought a Smart, I'd give 'er a try! :D

rice_eater
04-06-2005, 05:58 PM
POWNED :angel:

dkny_stylez
04-08-2005, 10:15 PM
shitty deal, how much does a smart weigh anyway?

asp integra
04-26-2005, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by kaput
I've been wondering how long it would take for this to happen. The things are so small I keep joking about getting a couple friends to pick one up in a parking lot and move it to another stall as a practical joke. They're so small that anyone with a truck could just grab a buddy, pick it up and take off.

haha i know what u mean, everytime i see one of those i wonder if 1 or 2 people could tip it,wowow

jegger69
04-28-2005, 12:02 PM
Thats Shitty!!!!!!! if someone did that to my car i would be more worried about me going to jail and not them!!!!! all i gotta say is 9 iron!!!!!! funny pic though!

jumperman8
04-29-2005, 11:28 AM
That is a funny pic, until you realize its someones car, then you are liek o shit, that sucks ass. All i can say is those kids wont have cars for awhile, to busy paying that guy back for his car. I'd make them pay slave labour, if they thought it was so fun to pick up a car, shit i wouldnt be driving anymore, hop in and let them lift.:thumbsup:

TheBenzo
05-01-2005, 06:28 PM
LOL, it was only a matter of time before someone did that, hell I was thinking of doing it.