PDA

View Full Version : Stealerships (Dealership) Thread

rorn
03-31-2005, 01:58 PM
I would like to start a thread dedicated to good and bad dealerships. Please post here if you have a bad or good exp at a stealership. Perhaps if we 'rewarded' good dealerships we can root out the bad! We could also share some factory invoices!!!!

I will start with my own post and my own invoice!!

Rorn

brandon
03-31-2005, 02:19 PM
I have had nothing but good experiences with Ian Andrews and Dean Sampson at T&T Honda. I would recommend them to anyone! I have purchased many cars off of them and would purchase many more!

Mr. Burns
03-31-2005, 02:29 PM
Looking for a VW? Talk to George Smith at Northland VW. Northland has always been awesome to me.

rorn
03-31-2005, 02:31 PM
I hate dealing with dealerships but my GF had her heart set on a new Honda CRV 5-speed LX.

I hate dealerships but anything for the love of a good women (she's a doctor)

I went through the trouble of finding invoices for a 2005 Honda CRV LX so I knew the value of the vehicle. I looked on Cars Cost Canada website and paid the 40$ It was worth it. The invoice on a 5 Speed LX is 25,803 (not including freight or any taxes). One of the fleet managers confirmed this amount as being correct.

Honda also has a hold back as well but I could never find out how much. It is likely 2-3% of the product price. A few of the fleet managers confirmed the existence of this hold back. Honda Canada refused to tell me the exact amount (and would not confirm or deny its existence).

Armed with this knowledge I went to every dealership in Edmonton and Calgary to buy the CRV. I started by emailing all the dealerships with my offer. Some replied with counter offers which helped me to ball park a usable figure. Then I called the fleet managers of all the dealerships and told them I was buying a car for my Professional Corporation. (Which is the truth we were buying for my GF's professional corporation). We arranged appts with the fleet managers themselves. By doing this we avoided all salesmen at EVERY dealership.

Of all the dealerships I dealt with the WORST was T&T Honda.

Those guys were total creeps. I initially dealt with a guy named Toni who was the 'fleet manager'. When I got there he freaked out at me (and my 'fake' invoice) and got the 'general manager'.

What a dirt-ball.

The general manager (a big brown guy)attempted to pressure sell me a CRV for 30,300 but said he would remove the block heater, the mud guards and remove the floor mats.

What kind of manager would be professional enough to remove stock items? Would he sell me a vehicle without its tires as well?

How unprofessional. I will NEVER go to T&T Honda for anything again (I had my Superchaged Prelude serviced there and I also had a poor experience).

I ended up buying at Honda West for 29,297 (Including freight and all taxes). MSRP is 28,200 (31,827 all fees and taxes included) We also got a factory rebate of 500.00 for being new graduates (you must show your transcripts). Here, like most of the Honda dealerships, the fleet manager (Robert)was very professional. We filled out a sales contract and are now waiting for our CRV to be delivered from the factory.

Yellowhead Honda (Edmonton)was also pretty professional. Bernie (the fleet manager) offered 30,000 (All taxes included)

Hope this helps you guys out.

Rorn

knees scrapin'
03-31-2005, 02:41 PM
This thread is gonna be big.:D

Before I begin my rant, I must make myself clear on a few things. I do expect problems with new vehicles, just like in my line of work there are always issues that arise with a new product. Now my areas of concern and downright frustration are from a complete lack of understanding of customer service.

This thread should also discuss the amount a manufacturer is willing or unwilling to back there product.

Bought 2 new cars this last year:

I have always loved the GM truck product but this one does not instil confidence.
The Chevy Colorado from Southgate Chevrolet. Absolutley terrible sales and business admin. It took almost 3 weeks to recieve my truck after the paper work was done. The best part was it wasn't more then 100 feet from the office on there onsite storage lot.:banghead: I didn't even get a walkaround with the vehicle when I recieved it. They just tossed me the keys. Awsome! Took 3 months and 6 service dates to fix some really minor but annoying problems that were noted since delivery. I still have about a dozen issues that need to be fixed, everything from water leaks to faulty seals. It took a few calls to GM Canada to straighten everything out.

Out of 10 South Gate Chevy get a measly 2 and only becuase there service department isn't half bad and they now give me cost + 10% on all parts. Yay.:rolleyes:

The Golf was bought at Fifth Ave VW. Again nothing but trouble recieving the vehicle after all payments and paperwork was done. After delivery service was quite excruciating to be nice. 2 months later with 2 new alternators, 3 batterys and numerous trips to the dealer nothing was fixed. Talked to VW of Canada and had an appoinment booked at South Center Fine Cars the very next day to fix all the issues. The funny thing is the Service Manager at South Center knew exactly the problems and the repairs required just over the phone converstion. Problems solved.

Overall Fifth Ave gets a 4, sales was o.k., buisiness admin was a high 8(very pleasent and willing to work with you, unlike sales.) The service on the other hand was a definete 2. Very unwilling to listen to concerns and the service manager told me he was new so he could not do anything for me, thats great!:bullshit:

Oh and before we bought the Golf T&T Honda tried to sell my wifey a writen off car. :clap: When I told them they told me to get out. I should have taken it to the BBB.

End rant. Cheers, Chris.

ecstasy_civic
03-31-2005, 02:49 PM
I really dont have time to get into all the hassles and problems ive had at dealerships, but Stadium Nissan has been nothing but bad service and horrible to deal with.

The only person I even remotley liked talking to (because he was honest) left, not that long ago, since then ive hated even stepping in there.

The service dept. makes everything seem like nothing, like instance.
Recalls............
Tried to tell me it was the type of fuel I was using which was causing my car not to start, I didnt know 91oct. was a low grade fuel. Actually took them 3 weeks to diagnose the starter problem which was a recall.
Same thing AGAIN!, its your alarm/starter combo......:rolleyes: actually it was the fuel pump, but thanks for trying to pin your problems with the vehicle on me:thumbsup:
I could go on, but im going to order my SRT4 right now:D

heavyD
03-31-2005, 03:31 PM
I could fill up a whole page so I'll make it simple as far as Calgary dealers go:

T&T Honda = Good
Platinum Mitsubishi = Good
Calgary Hyundai Suzuki = Good
Sunridge Mazda = Poor
Crowfoot Honda = Poor
Honda West = Worst Ever

heavyD
03-31-2005, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by ecstasy_civic
I really dont have time to get into all the hassles and problems ive had at dealerships, but Stadium Nissan has been nothing but bad service and horrible to deal with.

The only person I even remotley liked talking to (because he was honest) left, not that long ago, since then ive hated even stepping in there.

The service dept. makes everything seem like nothing, like instance.
Recalls............
Tried to tell me it was the type of fuel I was using which was causing my car not to start, I didnt know 91oct. was a low grade fuel. Actually took them 3 weeks to diagnose the starter problem which was a recall.
Same thing AGAIN!, its your alarm/starter combo......:rolleyes: actually it was the fuel pump, but thanks for trying to pin your problems with the vehicle on me:thumbsup:
I could go on, but im going to order my SRT4 right now:D

Holy shit. I heard they had problems with the Sentra's but what worked?

Ed the SOHC
03-31-2005, 04:40 PM
sunridge nissan -> salesman = good
----------------------> manager = good
----------------------> finance guy = poor (condesending)

88CRX
03-31-2005, 07:07 PM
T&T honda :thumbsdow sleezy dirtbags like stated above.... i'll never go back :thumbsdow

Calgary Honda :thumbsup: so far they've been fine.... going in for its first service next weekend, and i'll be sure to post an update then.

danno
03-31-2005, 08:00 PM
it's going to be different for everybody but i'll still state my claim. this is just service work on my cars

good at honda west and high river honda.
bad at calgary honda

ecstasy_civic
03-31-2005, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

Holy shit. I heard they had problems with the Sentra's but what worked?

The car runs perfect now, only problems ive had were recalls and they've all be fixed.

Mike09
03-31-2005, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by ecstasy_civic

The car runs perfect now, only problems ive had were recalls and they've all be fixed.
BTW. was I anly help????

ecstasy_civic
03-31-2005, 08:19 PM
a little, I got everything figured out.

BTW: PM coming

3G
03-31-2005, 08:19 PM
T&T can eat a dick

One day they had a 90 Accord EXr advertised in the paper. So I called and they said they still had it and to come down. So I called them again before I left to make sure, "Yep we still have it". So I go down to there lot and I don't see no 1990 Accord, the guy started "looking" for it then after half an hour, he was like "I'm sorry the lot attendant bought it earlier". Sleazebags

:bullshit:

biggie_82
03-31-2005, 10:24 PM
I'm surprised you guys actually got service at T & T Honda. Everytime I'm there I'm not even acknowledged. One time I went down when they had a pimped out SiR hatch in the showroom. I had some trouble closing the CF hood (first CF hood I had ever touched) and starting slamming it a few times. You would think I would grab the attention of a salesman but nope, no one even bother, when I passed by one of them was reading a newspaper! Their service department however, is wonderful (ironic in a way)!

For both Acuras (Silverhill Vs Northwest), the edge will probably go to Northwest but both suck in a way. Silverhill for the reason that they are just a bunch of pricks. Before I got my 05 DC5 I went to Silverhill to check it out and the front of the showroom had an 05 Magnesium Metallic. I went through the whole thing (sitting, opening hood, trunk taking a look at the exhaust etc) all while their entire sales staff was right there staring at me. Eventually one of them came to me and asked me straight out in a negative tone "Are you going buy that or not?" (basically one could interpret that as buy it or leave). Told him I would if he had a white one but he didn't.

The only reason why I say both suck, 05's came out in September yet neither dealership got a PWP and kept wanting me to put a deposit down with no guarantee on how long it would take for them to get one. NWA eventually got a white one in Feb and even called me to let me know it came. I still haven't heard from Silverhill up to this day.

Piece of advice: Carcost is effective but not as effective if what you want is rare! I still got a good price but not exactly carcost.

BTW: never put down a deposit! Once you do, money locked up with that dealership. I found during my wait that there were so many alternatives to explore! (Used 350Z, used S2K, used STi, etc and the list goes on...).

t-im
03-31-2005, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by biggie_82

For both Acuras (Silverhill Vs Northwest), the edge will probably go to Northwest but both suck in a way. Silverhill for the reason that they are just a bunch of pricks. Before I got my 05 DC5 I went to Silverhill to check it out and the front of the showroom had an 05 Magnesium Metallic. I went through the whole thing (sitting, opening hood, trunk taking a look at the exhaust etc) all while their entire sales staff was right there staring at me. Eventually one of them came to me and asked me straight out in a negative tone "Are you going buy that or not?" (basically one could interpret that as buy it or leave). Told him I would if he had a white one but he didn't.

NW Acura can suck my dick. Them and their unknowledgable, unecessary pompus attitudes can goto hell for all I care. NW Acrua's atitude that "our car is better then any BMW" or "The TL competes with the E class and 5 series, and is better just because it has more power and is 30k cheaper" comes out sounding REALLY ridiculous.

Calgary BMW is alright as with BMW Gallery (obviously), but I find Vancouver BMW dealers to be much better (Auto West and Brian Jessel) but that's just me.

Lone Star :thumbsdow, Hyatt :thumbsup:

brandon
03-31-2005, 11:10 PM
I have had amazing service done at Glenmore Audi! The service staff is wonderful and the whole dealership is well presented!. As well as free cookies! cmon its free cookies! lol

Billy
03-31-2005, 11:46 PM
Sunridge nissan wasnt too bad. But I just got a dc5 and I dont know how the service ppl are at northwest acura.

gorillam
03-31-2005, 11:59 PM
GSL Chevrolet sucks balls for service.

They roated the tires and accidently removed or bumped off the wheel weight, vibrates like hell down the road. Has never washed the esclade, and always leaves those stupid paper numbers and plastic on the seats. They are quick however, but no one likes an out of balance 500km drive home.

gorillam
04-01-2005, 12:00 AM
Crowfoot ford is excellet service and sales. Not a single problem, same with metro ford. All nice people so far.

Godfuader
04-01-2005, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by brandon
I have had amazing service done at Glenmore Audi! The service staff is wonderful and the whole dealership is well presented!. As well as free cookies! cmon its free cookies! lol

:werd: AND the free pop from the little cooler under the cookies (at least i hope it was free) The staff there is quite friendly too.

SilverBoost
04-01-2005, 03:54 AM
I've actually had decent service at Stadium Nissan since coming to town.

I have specialty requests obviously with my set-up, but they've always accomodated me. Mind you this isn't the same as trying to request warranty work. I 'had' exteneded warranty on my 02 but since going FI, I voluntarily gave that luxury up.

Anyway, different people will always have different experiences. The service manager where I bought my car on the east coast was a total dick. But then when I moved to NB, the whole group at Champlain Nissan in Moncton were great to me. They helped me out before and after my turbo install... even having guys stay late to fix stuff for me. Now there were other people who complained about the service there... so who knows? I guess it really comes down to personal experience, not so much the dealer as a whole sometimes.

lancer04
04-01-2005, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by heavyD
I could fill up a whole page so I'll make it simple as far as Calgary dealers go:

Platinum Mitsubishi = Good

hi , i was wondering what kind of deals u have made with mitsubishi platinum , cause im wanting to trade my car in there but im not sure how good they are , I've heard that mitsu platinum is a great place to get parts but i never heard anything about trading , do u have any idea?

brandon
04-01-2005, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Godfuader

:werd: AND the free pop from the little cooler under the cookies (at least i hope it was free) The staff there is quite friendly too.

yup! free pop and juice! the service is very friendly as well.

abyss
04-01-2005, 11:49 AM
BOO on the old service manager at Sunridge Nissan, I had SO many problems with the Max within the first 2 months after buying it and he tried to pin it all on me, whatever, inspect your cars better (brake pads don't normally just fall off vehicles!!:banghead: ) Thankfully he's gone now, but I still haven't gone for work there since, not even oil changes.

KGB
04-01-2005, 06:43 PM
LONE STAR:thumbsdow x10000000000000000000000000000000

anothers10
04-03-2005, 08:58 AM
i see no people taking good or bad about the dealership i work at.
i think more of you need infiniti's

ninspeed
04-03-2005, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by anothers10
i see no people taking good or bad about the dealership i work at.
i think more of you need infiniti's
you guys need a better parts dept.... they hang up on me all the time.....

anothers10
04-03-2005, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by ninspeed

you guys need a better parts dept.... they hang up on me all the time.....

no comment

Importworld
04-05-2005, 03:58 PM
STADIUM NISSAN SUCKS!!

Brought a 02 pathfinder still UNDER WARRANTY about power lock issues. While driving you could not lock the doors with the power lock unless you did it manually. The service guy who looked at it said that it was supposed to be like that?:guns: ? Whatever. I said that it wasn't like that when we bought it and the fuker said, ok they will look at it but will have to charge me :thumbsdow .

I said fuk it and called up BRASSO NISSAN who said that they have heard a few fuked up stories from stadium and that would be happy to help with NO CHARGE. They fixed the problem and stadium nissan didn't

Moral of the story, STADIUM NISSAN SUCKS

A2VR6
04-05-2005, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by biggie_82

The only reason why I say both suck, 05's came out in September yet neither dealership got a PWP and kept wanting me to put a deposit down with no guarantee on how long it would take for them to get one. NWA eventually got a white one in Feb and even called me to let me know it came. I still haven't heard from Silverhill up to this day.

:werd: Same thing happened to me as well... I ended up ordering a PWP one in November and getting it a month later... I found that Silverhill was MUCH better than NWA... The sales blows there, the salesmen I delt with had attitude that I couldnt deal with. Hell they didnt even know when they were getting their next shipment of cars.

Bootenlief
04-12-2005, 07:24 AM
When I was test-driving the car I noticed it wandered to the right a little bit when I let my grip on the wheel go slack. I'm not a mechanic but know it's not supposed to do this, so I mentioned it to the dealership. They said they would have a look at it and it and let me know (fix it if it was something simple like a wheel alignment or whatever).

They haven't called so I left a rather terse message yesterday leaving my work #. Part of me hopes they call back to tell me they looked at it and everything is fine, because I know that's not true.

I was at the dealership Sunday (they were closed) and they had several cars (including mine)with 'SOLD' signs in the windows blocked off by trucks. I was also there Monday after work and this morning and 'my' car hasn't been moved . . . I know this as on Sunday I chalked the tires.

So, if they call and say they have looked at it . . . I'll know they are lying about that and I will wonder what else they are lying about.

This all started as I was reading a this thread about Calgary dealerships and there were some people who had some bad experiences with the one I had gone to on Saturday, which shall remain nameless for now (you never know who's out there, right?)

I am really starting to wonder if I need it . . . wouldn't I rather have the $? Transit is not that bad and I can rent a car whenever I want, gas is going up, and so on!

It's almost like I'm looking for a reason to not do it . . .

Anywho, I better sign off for now. I need to plot further. I am very happy I searched and found this site!

AsianCaucasian
04-12-2005, 08:40 AM
The service department and Sunridge Mazda blows ultimate ass. I brought my car in for regular service a month ago and 3 hours later my car is throwing a CEL. It was already pretty late in the day when I saw the CEL so the service department was already closed.

I call in the next morning telling them that they fucked up my car and that I'm bringing it in again and they tell me that if I wanted the car fixed that day that I should've booked an appointment two weeks ago. :p

Yes... I should've known you were gonna fuck up my car two weeks ago.

I bring it anyways and argue with the service dept to get it fixed. It comes out without a CEL but again, 2 hours later it comes back on and my car is even worse! The whole thing is friggin shaking at idle. I'm getting pretty pissed off at this point and decide, to hell with Sunridge Mazda. I look up my symptoms on the mazda3forums and I fixed it myself :p Turns out they didn't friggin seat the air filter back in properly.

5.9 R/T
04-12-2005, 08:46 AM
Sure fire way to get decent service at Acura dealerships is to compare them to their 'lesser' honda siblings and make them feel like they are selling economy cars.

dj_Twin_turbo
04-12-2005, 08:58 AM
I'm wondering why:

A) the Honda company should be committed to informing you of their buisiness' financial concerns

and

B) why it would be so unprofessional to remove items (block heaters don't come on Hondas the factory, mud guards are often a Honda accessory, and so are carpet floor mats) from a vehicle if being offered to you at a price which you didn't pay for them ?

I've worked for a long time at a Toyota dealer out here in BC. If a customer wants to buy a new vehicle, and we have one in stock with aftermarket window tint that they don't want to pay for. We remove it at our loss. If we give them the tint, then how can we possibly charge the next person for it ?

It sure would be nice to get something for nothing !

Originally posted by rorn

Honda also has a hold back as well but I could never find out how much. It is likely 2-3% of the product price. A few of the fleet managers confirmed the existence of this hold back. Honda Canada refused to tell me the exact amount (and would not confirm or deny its existence).

The general manager (a big brown guy)attempted to pressure sell me a CRV for 30,300 but said he would remove the block heater, the mud guards and remove the floor mats.

What kind of manager would be professional enough to remove stock items? Would he sell me a vehicle without its tires as well?

Rorn

Xtrema
04-12-2005, 10:20 AM
you gotta understand, sevice deparment staff changes all the time. Quality is uneven even within 1 dealship.

Like Calgary Honda, I dealt with them for over 10 years and there may be once or twice that I got crappy service from them.

Stadium Nissan I have dealt with for 2 years and they are great everytime.

Somehow I don't trust T&T Honda, but it's only a bias opinion based on people I talked to.

ZorroAMG
04-12-2005, 01:46 PM
Lone Star:thumbsdow they are on a mighty high horse for no reason

Hyatt MB:thumbsup: Best service from a dealer, EVER.

NW Acura bwaahahahahahahahahahahahahaah fuckfaces.

SouthCentre Fine cars :thumbsup: Darrell on the porsche side rocks.

Fastlane = ball lickers

WS automotive when Miroslav worked there = con artists/ thiefs. Miro now has his own shop, Nuremburgring. I'd stay FAR away from there unless you want an empty bank account and an un-fixed car.