PDA

View Full Version : Birthday presents?

3G
04-01-2005, 12:04 AM
Need some help for the girls out there!! What do you guys like to get for presents? My gf's birthday is coming up and I can't think of what to get her. Thanks!

BebeAphrodite
04-01-2005, 12:27 AM
how long have u been going out?
is she a typical girlie girl?

Chester
04-01-2005, 12:34 AM
sex toys

forkdork
04-01-2005, 12:36 AM
Walmart Gift Cards!

t-im
04-01-2005, 12:41 AM
Purses and clothing....very non sentimental..

I buy everyone clothes for their birthdays/Christmas..i'm a very non personal gift giver..and I know I like to receive clothes for my birthday!...

3G
04-01-2005, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by BebeAphrodite
how long have u been going out?
is she a typical girlie girl?

wat do u mean by that? if u mean LV and shit, she loves it but I can't see myself forking out 2000 for a purse just yet.

Originally posted by Chester
sex toys

She's not slutty like that

Originally posted by forkdork
Walmart Gift Cards!

Hmm, she hates Wal-Mart.

thanks for the suggestions though, keep em coming|!

t-im
04-01-2005, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by 3G

wat do u mean by that? if u mean LV and shit, she loves it but I can't see myself forking out 2000 for a purse just yet.

It doesn't have to be a $2,000 Louis Vuitton purse. You could just buy her a $300-$500 one.

3G
04-01-2005, 12:47 AM
Purses and clothing sound good. She loves purses, she has soo many I don't wanna get her one she already has, as for her clothe size, I don't know what size she is!

max_boost
04-01-2005, 12:57 AM
Jewellry?
Links of London has some pretty charm bracelets...that way you're covered for other occasions, just get her a charm for the bracelet!

IPod Mini?

Hip Top/Side Kick?

Digi Cam? Very good to have! Sam and I each have Sony Cameras, his is better quality, mine is just small and fits in my purse. PSP? haha...they look so cool!

I've received some of these things and really get a kick out of them.

*RSeXy*

BebeAphrodite
04-01-2005, 12:57 AM
I was asking how long because if you've been dating like 1 month and u give her something 'too nice' then it could creep out the girl but if u've been going out w/ her like a year and u give her a crappy gift then it's not too nice.

As for 'girlie girl' I meant what kinda personality does she have. Like if the girl is sporty then purses won't do.

Also what is ur budget?
Tiffanys has cute lil chokers for around $500... if that's too much I think they have the simple heart for around $100-$200. Simple earrings perhaps ($200 for lil diamonds)
If u've been dating a month then maybe some kind of cute shirt...
even tho it's everywhere maybe a TnA tracksuit ($200)
How about a puppy? (tons of work tho). Little getaway.. even rent the fantasyland Roman room and take off there.
Or rent a room here in Calgary and fill it with so many balloons that the room parts when you walk. Or go to Calgary Flying Club (whatever it's called) and rent a small Cessna to take her out.
So many ideas!

It all depends what kinda person she is
I love getting trips, jewellery, purses, wallets, clothes, and shopping money for my birthday. hehehe, everyday is my birthday! j/k:)

AsianCaucasian
04-01-2005, 09:39 AM
I wish i was a girl with lots of guys to buy me shit :(

Made_To_Love
04-01-2005, 09:50 AM
Me and my fiance have a rule, we don't buy each other gifts, if we do get money and stuff from family, friends, we go out and buy something we both would use/want. We would rather share everything, it's just that much more special. As for buying your gf a present, get her a nice bracelet and take her to dinner. That would be what I would want.

lorenzo
04-01-2005, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by AsianCaucasian
I wish i was a girl with lots of guys to buy me shit :(

:rofl:

i say just take her out somewhere nice..banff :dunno: something like that...spend a night or two. i think this present will benefit not only her but yourself as well.
:thumbsup:

thinmyster
04-01-2005, 10:07 AM
i heard that there is some statistic where you forget a huge % of gifts that you recieve for b-day christmas valentines etc. So it probably not a huge deal.. i can harley remember anything ive got in the last few years??? not to say that its not important but just dont go overboard on something materialistic it will utimately be forgotten in a few months/a year. If its a long term relationship do something and go somewhere that will knock her pants off (no Pun intended) Just something that she cant forget something original...do something that will be the first time for both of you and you'll never forget. To bad i never thought of this when i actually had a g/f but oh well

Good luck

schurchill39
04-01-2005, 12:31 PM
Anal... Then tape it. Yup, very sentimental and insanely hot. Plus that might start a chain reaction on sexual video tapes.
OR.... Take her out for dinner and dancing (if she likes to dance) girls love the romance thing and i would assume she would preper a romantic even over a material object

sputnik
04-01-2005, 01:30 PM
My one piece of advice. Dont set the level of the bar too high. You will only have to go higher next year.

thinmyster
04-01-2005, 01:35 PM
hahah^^^ thats so true

Neil4Speed
04-01-2005, 02:04 PM
Buddy something cheap (or as expensive as you want).

Crave Cupcakes from Kensington, and a safe bet is Bernard Callabaut chocholates

itsnotaDUB
04-01-2005, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by 3G

She's not slutty like that

|!

i didnt know that you have to be slutty to like sex toys...god i know a lot of sluts :dunno:

69cougar
04-01-2005, 02:41 PM
^^^^^

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Despair*
04-01-2005, 05:58 PM
You could try a spa package to somewhere like Evilyn Charles. Girls usually seem to like presents like that.