PDA

View Full Version : A1 AutoBody Rant

EnRich
04-01-2005, 06:14 PM
OK so, on Feb 19th some asshole rear ended me going around 60km as I stopped for some junkie on 17th Ave SE to cross the street... Long ago I took a 01 Prelude SE to A1 to be fixed and they did an absolutly beautiful job on it, I was hoping they would do the same job with my 02 Accord... So today after work I go there to pick it up... Soon as I get there, I get out to get a good look... First off,
- My trunk didn't open with my remote
- My tail lights were all scratched up
- My rear left light didn't come on
- My entire bumper which was supposed to be painted had polish streaks, swirls all over it
- They ruined my Remus muffler, the remis markings on the exhaust are now see through, they used to be black
So I went in and talked to the lady told her my car wasn't ready, they sent out some service guy, and he said np, he'd take it in... 30 min later the car comes out and the guy parked it in front in the sun light...
- rear left lights didn't work
- swirls all over a freshly painted bumper??? I dunno why they had swirls...
- exhaust still damaged
So naturally I go in once more and tell em these things are still a huge issue to me... The manager comes out after I wait outside for 25 min... He looked pissed and asked me what my problem was... I told him the above... He goes off on me telling me my custom installed system blocked the lighting and they couldnt get into the housing to replace the bulb, so I was like ok, he tells me to go and get it removed @ audio concepts and then they would do it, so I'm like wtf not with my money... They were like we dont have technicians all over the place to do this, I was like well it needs to be fixed, and the swirls need to be removed, I asked him if he could handle that, and he tells me, is that an insult... I was like no, but I'm a picky person and this needs to be done, and is unaccaptable to me... Fuck at that point, acting clam I was so fuckin pissed off inside, I was ready to take it to another shop... I didn't even get into talking about the exhaust that was damaged cause the guy told me to get into my courtasy car... Wow what an asshole... I am never ever takin any car to A1 AutoBody... I told em to give me a call back when my car was 100%.. I'm going to complain to my insurance company about them... End rant....

Rich

KGB
04-01-2005, 06:35 PM
hmmm, i wold be upset as well thats no way to treat a customer, good luck i hope everything works out

DuPont
04-01-2005, 10:16 PM
wow, another HUGE shop with shitty service:rolleyes: wierd....
At a big shop like that, your just an invoice number. And with the volume they do in a month, your just a drop in the ocean.
Theres no accountability for unacceptable work done in a huge shop.
At a small "mom 'n pop" shop you're more than likely going to be talking with the guy who is going to fix your shit. HE's going to be held accountable for anything wrong with your car. Thats the kind of motivation that will get you better results, and better customer service, IMHO. Now, finding a GOOD, trustworthy independent shop is the fun part.

Originally posted by EnRich
I'm going to complain to my insurance company about them... Rich
Did they point you toward A1 in the 1st place? A1 is most likely their "prefered shop" and they'll have their hands so far down eachothers pants your complaint won't even matter.

Sorry to hear about your shitty A1 experience. Sounds familiar.