PDA

View Full Version : How to tone and cut arms?

badMotoFinga
04-01-2005, 10:52 PM
Just wonderin if anyone has any suggestions or routines to get more toned and cut arms? ... Thass rite ... werkin on da guNz

ecstasy_civic
04-01-2005, 10:58 PM
toning requires lots of reps with not alot of weight.

getting bigger is the opposite.

YCB
04-01-2005, 11:10 PM
i would say body fat percentage.. keep lifting hard...

badMotoFinga
04-01-2005, 11:13 PM
any particular exercises or circuits to recommend?

is there a exercise specifically to get that cut between ur bicep and triceps? Theres this exercise that you get a pulley and put it at elbows height, then grab the handle and stand so that your forearm is parallel to the ground and pull the handle towards your stomach while trying not to move your elbow. If that isnt too hard to picure .... does that work on the cut?

EG STyLeZ
04-01-2005, 11:23 PM
if you're talking about how to lose some fat off the arms, it's impossible to specifically target just the arms and lose that fat. you would have to something like more cardio, watch your diet, etc

anyways, stick to the basic freeweight excercises and train hard:thumbsup:

hockeybronx
04-02-2005, 10:17 PM
I agree with a couple guys here that diet has a lot to do with results in definition in any body part.

You can also do some exercises with say 15 reps if you want, I would suggest punching bag work as excellent "upper body" focused cardiovascular exercise.

codo
04-03-2005, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by badMotoFinga

is there a exercise specifically to get that cut between ur bicep and triceps? Theres this exercise that you get a pulley and put it at elbows height, then grab the handle and stand so that your forearm is parallel to the ground and pull the handle towards your stomach while trying not to move your elbow. If that isnt too hard to picure .... does that work on the cut?

sounds like some sorta crazy sex move very odd

r7
04-03-2005, 04:25 PM
diet and cardio

BumpinTalon
04-03-2005, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by badMotoFinga

I used to do that one and it built a lot on the side of my arms, but I changed it to just regular tricep extensions and I like the results a lot more. now the bottom of my arm curves out like the top does almost, and I've got a sort of horseshoe shape on the back of my arm when I extend it all the way. it looks good haha
anyway, you switch everything to higher reps in fewer sets, you will burn more carbs that way. keep all your portion sizes for food the exact same and add cardio to your workout to try and burn fat, since that is the only way you are going to tone anything. do ab work at the same time too .. try supersets of bicep curls & overhead tricep extensions.