PDA

View Full Version : funny examples of ethnocentrism.

swt_asian_soul
04-02-2005, 08:03 PM
I was just wondeirng if there are any funny examples of ethnocentrism.

ethnocentrism is refers to the belief that one's own culture is superior to others.

Ekliptix
04-02-2005, 08:56 PM
http://www.umkc.edu/lib/spec-col/ww2/1939/images/63-579.jpg
Although not funny

hjr
04-02-2005, 09:05 PM
funny?

hjr
04-02-2005, 09:07 PM
oh, i have one... asian girls are culturally raised to be bimbo's?

is that ethnocentric right? is it funny? is it even true?

BerserkerCatSplat
04-02-2005, 10:18 PM
I'd say that Ann Coultier (sp?) lady is a good example. You know, the Canada-bashing bitch from CNN.

GTS Jeff
04-03-2005, 01:58 PM
Right here:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=82209

Redlyne_mr2
04-03-2005, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by hjr
oh, i have one... asian girls are culturally raised to be bimbo's?

is that ethnocentric right? is it funny? is it even true?
is that why I like them all so much?:bigpimp:

Phy
04-05-2005, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
Right here:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=82209

Too right. If we're gonna have any culture, we've got to get over this "At least we're not American" thing.

Atombomb
04-06-2005, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSpl
I'd say that Ann Coultier (sp?) lady is a good example. You know, the Canada-bashing bitch from CNN.

You are not very informed

First of all Ann Coulter is not from CNN, CNN is pretty left wing in prespective of all things, unread Canadians see the American Network as being right wing becaues it is so American, funny though, its is an American Channel appealing to American audiences, they are like CBC.

Ann Coulter could be attributed more to FOX News, a news-channel that was illegal to watch in Canada until just recently

You've only seen the "canada-bashing" from probably CBC that wants to paint an ugly portrait of those right-wingers, especially fox-news because it poses a threat to CBC. Ann Coulter is actually in many cases pro-Canadian, I have read 3 books of hers and will happily quote some of the areas where she has a lot of praise for the way things work in Canada in some regards. I have to agree with a lot of the thigns she says.

I just hope your not basing your statement on a TV program on the CBC's The Fifth Estate, called "Sticks and Stones" where they took her comments out of context in reference to Canadian troops being in Vietnam, which some were by the way, Coulter was reffering to the thousands of Canadians that went to the United States to fight under the American flag.

finboy
04-06-2005, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Atombomb

First of all Ann Coulter is not from CNN, CNN is pretty left wing in prespective of all things, unread Canadians see the American Network as being right wing becaues it is so American, funny though, its is an American Channel appealing to American audiences, they are like CBC.

Ann Coulter could be attributed more to FOX News, a news-channel that was illegal to watch in Canada until just recently

You've only seen the "canada-bashing" from probably CBC that wants to paint an ugly portrait of those right-wingers, especially fox-news because it poses a threat to CBC. Ann Coulter is actually in many cases pro-Canadian, I have read 3 books of hers and will happily quote some of the areas where she has a lot of praise for the way things work in Canada in some regards. I have to agree with a lot of the thigns she says.

I just hope your not basing your statement on a TV program on the CBC's The Fifth Estate, called "Sticks and Stones" where they took her comments out of context in reference to Canadian troops being in Vietnam, which some were by the way, Coulter was reffering to the thousands of Canadians that went to the United States to fight under the American flag.

how about when she flat out said

"canada is lucky we haven't invaded them yet, they should be thankful that we haven't taken them over" etc.

or did you not see that clip?

its been posted a few times here on beyond, and from her coments said on there, it is very hard to see how she is pro-canadian.

Atombomb
04-06-2005, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by finboy

"canada is lucky we haven't invaded them yet, they should be thankful that we haven't taken them over" etc.

its been posted a few times here on beyond, and from her coments said on there, it is very hard to see how she is pro-canadian.

Oh I know you saw that, I've seen it myself several times, In her book "Treason" she says that in the 1950's and early 60's Canada was one of the only countries in the world that the United States could count on, since the Soviets had infiltrated the U.S. Administration so deeply that it was at one time under substantial control of the Infiltrators, from the Secretary of State down to the Transportation Secretary. Canada's intelligence agencies were the outside un-interupted source of intel that America could count on. To this day, Canadian officials always offer a healthy second opinion.

Atombomb
04-06-2005, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by finboy

I understand how this could offend you,
what offends meis the quantity and nature of comments that I could probably find here, and not far from here about Americans, I'm sure there are a lot worse things said by respectful members.

Besides, I've been hoping that the Americans would come and invade Canada and rescue me from these liberals that have entrenched themselves so deeply in and stolen so much money out of my pocket, oh by the way, we have lots of oil to, more than Iraq, and less of an Army

JUST KIDDING.

Could you provide some examples of these lies shes been caught saying please?

finboy
04-06-2005, 05:30 PM

I understand how this could offend you,
what offends meis the quantity and nature of comments that I could probably find here, and not far from here about Americans, I'm sure there are a lot worse things said by respectful members.

the point is that people on beyond aren't going onto national tv as supposed "experts" and bashing america.

personally i have no problem with american's, they are people, just like canadian's, and if i ever go on vacation in the states i talk with lots of them.

what i don't like about america is the governments foreign policy, but i've posted about that several times in various other threads so no point in re-typing it all.

BerserkerCatSplat
04-06-2005, 06:47 PM

Ach, my bad, it was FOX.

However, what political media division she hails from doesn't really affect what she says. My comment was about the video clip of her where she says such things like "[Canada] better hope the United States doesn't roll over one night and crush them. They are lucky we allow them to exist on the same continent."

Yes, that's a direct quote.

Ann Coulter is nothing more than a shock-jock and an attention whore. Anyone who goes to a disabled Vietman veteran and says, "People like you caused us to lose that war" deserves no respect in my eyes.

Yes, that's another direct quote.

This thread was about funny examples of ethnocentrism, and her comments are so idiotic they become funny.

And, BTW, I've never seen the Fifth Estate thing.

JordanEG6
04-06-2005, 06:53 PM
the word some hardcore asians use:

"AZN PRIDE" hahahaha...thats the lamest thing i've ever heard...and im asian. :rofl:

Atombomb
04-07-2005, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by AcuraTl
once again...america...

thinking once culture is inferior to yours, I think Jesus called these types the pharisians (sp?) Not a good thing thats for sure!

Fireholder
03-17-2009, 12:38 AM

Umm, you are the mis-informed, buddy. He's probably referring to something of this nature, in which NOTHING could be taken out of context; she speaks her mind quite clearly...

http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o132/Osfameron/?action=view&current=AnneandTucker-RetardedPairofUSAReps.flv

CUG
03-17-2009, 12:43 AM
Did a 4 year old thread REALLY need to get hashed up for this?

van
03-17-2009, 07:18 AM
got rice bitch got rice, got food got soup got spice!

mazdavirgin
03-17-2009, 10:09 AM
Nevermind old post didn't read time stamps and can't seem to delete my own post now :\

berbatov
03-17-2009, 10:19 AM
out of context, many things seem either misinformed or simply stupid

Originally posted by mazdavirgin
Fox news was never "illegal". It was just not legal [...]

BerserkerCatSplat
03-17-2009, 10:27 AM
Holy thread-necro, Batman. :nut: