PDA

View Full Version : Guess who got pulled over and given a ticket today!

Ben
01-03-2003, 10:58 PM
...my MOM!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
*gasp* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
*choke*
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The one who "Never gets tickets" and is a "Model Driver".

hahahahaha

okay, so yeah, were driving along, turned off Deerfoot N onto Southland, and then onto Blakfoot, and there was a 4 cop car barricade. I laughed and said "I pity thee fool they are waiting for"

Turns out it is an "Equipment Check" where they search the vehicle for boken parts and working safetly devices, as well as run drivers licences and check for valid registration and insurance.

Busted!

Mum cleaned out the car and forgot to put the insurance card back in.

The constable was nice, about not towing the vehicle, he said "I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you have insurance, being you are driving a brand new car, but I am going to have to issue a ticket for failure to produce."

I laughed some more when he went back to his car to write up the ticket. "How could you not put your insurance back in the car"
"Oh hush up" she said.

It was only 57 bucks.

On the downside, I got owned when we got home, stopped and got the mail...parking ticket summons.

"How could you park your car and "Forget" to put money in the meter"...:zzz: :dunno: :rolleyes:

ninspeed
01-03-2003, 11:17 PM
HA HA HA... I heard about that on the radio.. If you show your insurance with in a certain time, can you get the ticked droped? or is that a myth?

Melinda
01-03-2003, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by Benny
On the downside, I got owned when we got home, stopped and got the mail...parking ticket summons.

"How could you park your car and "Forget" to put money in the meter"...:zzz: :dunno: :rolleyes:
HAHAHA Karma comes back to bite you in the balls! Poor Benny, parking tickets royally suck, but serves you right for laughing at her!

Mel

Ben
01-03-2003, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by ninspeed
HA HA HA... I heard about that on the radio.. If you show your insurance with in a certain time, can you get the ticked droped? or is that a myth?

No, getting a ticket for unable to produce is a ticket regardless, but if he/she writes a ticket for driving without insurance, then you have liike 48 or 72 hours (your car gets towed on the spot too...)

Originally posted by Melinda

HAHAHA Karma comes back to bite you in the balls! Poor Benny, parking tickets royally suck, but serves you right for laughing at her!

Mel

yeah, I know... :(

2000impreza
01-03-2003, 11:40 PM
i haven't heard of these check stops before. what kind of "safetly devices" and "equipment" do they check for....???? cause i can get in some serious shit if they did check my car.

CRXguy
01-03-2003, 11:45 PM
I've seen the cops do "safety" checks on commercial trucks/big rigs, but not on your average car.:dunno:

Ben
01-04-2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by 2000impreza
i haven't heard of these check stops before. what kind of "safetly devices" and "equipment" do they check for....???? cause i can get in some serious shit if they did check my car.

Well for that check stop, i Pity the Foo that drove a modifed car...

Like damn, they pull you over SPECIFICALLY to look for illegal modifications and documents.

they check your lights, brakes, wheels, glass. I'm sure on a modified car they would have a hayday!

T5_X
01-04-2003, 01:28 AM
I bet they could ding 9 out of 10 cars on the road for not having something working that could potentially be a safety hazard. Dang, gotta get that 3rd brake light fixed :banghead:

The one who "Never gets tickets" and is a "Model Driver".

hey! Tickets don't count unless they're moving violations :D

RiceCake
01-04-2003, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by CRXguy
I've seen the cops do "safety" checks on commercial trucks/big rigs, but not on your average car.:dunno:
:werd: I always see these stops on Bedington Trail in the summer. Hmm... checking average normal passenger cars... Damn would they ever meet their ticket quota quick!:eek:

Fluidic
01-04-2003, 02:39 AM
hahahahaha, nice one Benny! LOL

Peter

szw
01-04-2003, 02:48 AM
Not good, I lost my drivers licence the other day. Better get a new one!

Weapon_R
01-04-2003, 05:20 AM
That checkstop is bs...They can sit and pick at your car until they find somethin!!

Nix87
01-10-2003, 04:14 PM
That shows ya how much time the po have to waste these days. If they can pull over moms and check for insurance. Guess its better for the lead foots out there. Suppose you can thank all the mom's out there for that one.

Nick

4wheeldrift
01-11-2003, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Nix87
That shows ya how much time the po have to waste these days. If they can pull over moms and check for insurance. Guess its better for the lead foots out there. Suppose you can thank all the mom's out there for that one.

Nick Based on the law in alberta, everyone has to carry PL & PD minimum. I'd rather they catch a few uninsured drivers this way than get hit by one.