PDA

View Full Version : Picked up a few things for the 944

Redlyne_mr2
04-03-2005, 07:10 PM
I found someone selling a mint dash and although mine is in pretty good shape, it's always nice to have a spare.

Redlyne_mr2
04-03-2005, 07:11 PM
Got this oem deck out of a 2002 996 911

Redlyne_mr2
04-03-2005, 07:12 PM
Sorry about this crappy pic, picked up a shift knob out of a boxster S.

Toms-SC
04-03-2005, 08:05 PM
Thought you were selling the beast? :confused:

Redlyne_mr2
04-03-2005, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Toms-SC
Thought you were selling the beast? :confused:
Naw I decided to keep it, I love it, its such a fun car!

DJ Lazy
04-03-2005, 08:29 PM
is that deck CD? looks very simple and uncomplicated. :thumbsup:

brandon
04-03-2005, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by DJ Lazy
is that deck CD? looks very simple and uncomplicated. :thumbsup:

I belive that it pops up and it fits a tape behind it, but it wires to a 6 disk cd changer.

Won't that new oem deck be a bitch to wire up?

EK 2.0
04-03-2005, 09:45 PM
Ryan, you are a very good friend and everything...BUT...

what is with the skeet around your shifter...you said in this thread you really love your car...but man I didn't know you loved her like that...

HAHAHA.

Redlyne_mr2
04-03-2005, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by brandon

I belive that it pops up and it fits a tape behind it, but it wires to a 6 disk cd changer.

Won't that new oem deck be a bitch to wire up?
Yep, its the oem tape deck with changer capabilities. I only actually bought it to use as a receiver so I could run my ipod. Cd's are obsolete IMO.

Hahaha Arif, I haven't finished installing the boot yet so it looks like crap right now. Besides my old girl is too old for any hardcore although I have heard the skeet helps cure wrinkles.

finboy
04-04-2005, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

Cd's are obsolete IMO.

:werd:

are you just going to run a tape converter for your iPod? i used one for my HiMD and it ended up sounding like shit, now i'm trying to figure out how to get my deck to have an output jack so i can just plug it in directly. unfortunatly my new deck has no such jack, but my old double-din deck out of my daytona does, damn new technology :rofl: :banghead:

EK 2.0
04-04-2005, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by finboy

:werd:

are you just going to run a tape converter for your iPod? i used one for my HiMD and it ended up sounding like shit, now i'm trying to figure out how to get my deck to have an output jack so i can just plug it in directly. unfortunatly my new deck has no such jack, but my old double-din deck out of my daytona does, damn new technology :rofl: :banghead:

Adam, if your new deck has changer control...you can wire it into that...and it sounds fairly decent...it is what I am gonna do when the EK is all up and ready to ROCK!!...well Hip-Hop...haha

finboy
04-04-2005, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

Adam, if your new deck has changer control...you can wire it into that...and it sounds fairly decent...it is what I am gonna do when the EK is all up and ready to ROCK!!...well Hip-Hop...haha

chris was telling me that you guys might have the stuff in stock to wire it up, i've just been to lazy/busy to check it out. i really don't want to throw in the double-din and sell my touch screen deck, esspecially since the panasonic (touchscreen) is about 10 years newer then the double-din (i don't even know what brand it is :rofl: )

all i know is that i would much rather have a HiMD or sony equivilant to the iPod then a stack of 60 cd's in my car. plus no more worries about losing all my music if someone breaks into my car :clap:

EK 2.0
04-04-2005, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by finboy

chris was telling me that you guys might have the stuff in stock to wire it up, i've just been to lazy/busy to check it out. i really don't want to throw in the double-din and sell my touch screen deck, esspecially since the panasonic (touchscreen) is about 10 years newer then the double-din (i don't even know what brand it is :rofl: )

all i know is that i would much rather have a HiMD or sony equivilant to the iPod then a stack of 60 cd's in my car. plus no more worries about losing all my music if someone breaks into my car :clap:

we do have it in stock my friend...

and sorry Ryan for hi-jacking your thread...

/////AMG
04-04-2005, 09:56 AM
Nice parts man, have you done anyhting to your 944, or just trying to get your MR2 done first.

403Gemini
04-04-2005, 04:52 PM
ive always loved the 944's and debated picking one up, just i know the cost of repairs is probably insane. do you find they are hard to work on or fairly simple?

Redlyne_mr2
04-04-2005, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by /////AMG
Nice parts man, have you done anyhting to your 944, or just trying to get your MR2 done first.
Umm not too much Porsches should remain as stock as possible IMO. Most of the work Ive done has been to bring it back to how it was when it was new.
A few mods are
snub nose conversion
H&R springs
996 deck
boxster S knob
Porsche script floor mats
turbo front and rear sway bars

403 Gemini the 944 is an awesome car however like all old cars things will break. Parts a bit more than most cars but if you get one thats already in decent condition then you're laughing.
I'm not sure what your budget is but I might be selling mine next fall to buy a turbo so if you're ever interested let me know.