ole dsm
04-03-2005, 08:48 PM
1985 ford ranger
320,000km's
2.8 v6,
5spd
dual tanks long box
almost new tires

red w/silver and a red interior, the runs well and is very reliable i drive it every day for 50-60km's . to work and back.
my original plan for the truck was to drop a carbed 302 /c6 / 8.8, but decided it would be a better idea for us to get our own house .
so it's up gfor sale

$650obo

working on getting pic's

ole dsm
04-10-2005, 07:42 PM
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/809942/2

here is a pic. of the truck took it a few minutes ago. selling some other stuff aswell.

ole dsm
04-12-2005, 11:14 PM
bump

ole dsm
04-16-2005, 07:18 PM
bump

someone's going to need a good truck to haul parts/junk/garbage around in .

make me an offer ( a reasonable one thanks)

DannyMan
04-17-2005, 02:36 PM
nice lookin truck:thumbsup:

MenteL
04-17-2005, 03:02 PM
Would you trade for a honda prelude? LOL

MenteL
04-17-2005, 03:04 PM
What did you do with the rims that I gave you with the truck? Any plans?

04-17-2005, 03:24 PM
clean truck might be interested! where were you planning on getting the carbed 302 /c6 / 8.8 from? If maybe you could set me up with the engine i would take the truck! let me know!

MenteL
04-18-2005, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by 5.0
clean truck might be interested! where were you planning on getting the carbed 302 /c6 / 8.8 from? If maybe you could set me up with the engine i would take the truck! let me know! it used to be my truck before he had it :( i miss it. Yeah, you might want to put a new engine in there, because right now it sucks gas like a chainsmoker puffs cigarettes. Unless hes 'fixed' it.

ole dsm
04-18-2005, 07:32 PM
of coasre i fixed it , on the the old rangers u just unplug the feed back on the carb and the relay next to the computer, starts on the first try all the time and every time rain or shine and i get +/- 750km's on both tanks, i fill up both tanks and they last me for 3 weeks . plus it has some snot.

how is that prelude running ?

sold the rims , some thing was wrong with them i put a few different tires on the front ones and the truck wabled all funny even after a good balanceing session, then i put some stock rims on and presto.

ole dsm
04-18-2005, 07:40 PM
for the carbed 302 i was just going to buy a smashed up ford ???302 powered car from an auction, change the intake and the carb , get some swap headers , and the tranny i would get from the same car, the rear axle i would get from a ford explorer w/V8 and i would also get the motor mounts and the radiator, from the explorer. i don't have a connection any more for a setup drive train , but it's not like that stuff is never for sale, look in the bargain finder they are a dime a dozen.

in a lil light weight truck like this u don't need a whole lot of HP to make it fun to drive. whats more important is that u can drive it every day.

SOAB
04-18-2005, 08:36 PM
sent a pm....waiting for a reply.

MenteL
04-18-2005, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by ole dsm
of coasre i fixed it , on the the old rangers u just unplug the feed back on the carb and the relay next to the computer, starts on the first try all the time and every time rain or shine and i get +/- 750km's on both tanks, i fill up both tanks and they last me for 3 weeks . plus it has some snot.

how is that prelude running ?

sold the rims , some thing was wrong with them i put a few different tires on the front ones and the truck wabled all funny even after a good balanceing session, then i put some stock rims on and presto. Yes, the truck does have snot. It's a great truck. As for the rims, yeah, they could have been unbalanced, however I thought the beads in the tires were shot. It wasn't much of a conern to me at the time.

How is the Prelude? Well, I got broadsided and it's a writeoff in my backalley waiting to be turned into an AUTOX car.

MenteL
04-18-2005, 09:27 PM
wait a second, did you photoshop mirrors on there? I see that there are black mirrors attached, and not the big clunky tripod attached mirrors. Plus the rust gone?

ole dsm
04-19-2005, 05:39 PM
yeah the rusty doors are gone and the ugly mirrors too, i think there was a few lb's of bondo above the rear tires , so one day at work i took my hammer to it and most of it fell out hahaha.
i didn't bother trying to fix that it cause its not worth it.

i'm going to be sad to see it go cause it's so handy to have around and its fun to drive /cheap on gas/ cheap to fix .

mike