PDA

View Full Version : Ticketing question....

Milk2%
04-03-2005, 11:59 PM
DON'T flame this with..its your fault for speeding...i fucken know that...but.....i was driving back from bc....going alone highways 1...don't know the speed....but i know forsure under 120....well the basic question is....the cop was moving in the other lane...double lane highway..just before alberta...and well are the radar guns accurate while moving..and in the opposite direction..because he said i was going 121...and i'm not to sure if i fight it saying that its inaccurate or else just paying it....so any help would be great....
thanks

M_Power
04-04-2005, 12:05 AM
Just a thought, but if the cop had enough reason to radar, turn around, and than chase down a vehicle in the opposite direction you must have been going way over the limit. May as well fight it tho, if u have the time id do it.

GTS Jeff
04-04-2005, 12:06 AM
This is what you get for drinking that pussy 2% shit. I bet the cop that pulled you over drank a carton of homo before he pulled your 2% ass over. Compton style muthafucka.

Bow-wow-wow-yippee-yo-yippee-yay.

(don't bother fighting it, BC tickets won't affect your Alberta record)

Weapon_R
04-04-2005, 12:06 AM
I don't think a cop can radar you while driving on the highway. Fight it regardless of whether its possible, because it wouldn't seem safe or possible to aim a radar gun and clock someone moving at 110km/h

Milk2%
04-04-2005, 12:07 AM
yea.....i know i wasn't going 130 or anything..it was in a 90 zone..i want to fight it with the excuse...that the radar gun is off...since the cop was moving...just getting my information correct...can't go unperpared

GTS Jeff
04-04-2005, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
I don't think a cop can radar you while driving on the highway. Fight it regardless of whether its possible, because it wouldn't seem safe or possible to aim a radar gun and clock someone moving at 110km/h Cops do it all the time. Been pulled over for it a couple times on the Calgary-Edmonton stretch.

Weapon_R
04-04-2005, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
Cops do it all the time. Been pulled over for it a couple times on the Calgary-Edmonton stretch.

lol i just can't picture a cop driving down a highway with one hand on the wheel and another out the window clocking people

Milk2%
04-04-2005, 12:11 AM
ye ye...its just the pyhsics of it....driving in opposite directions....just doesn't work....

GTS Jeff
04-04-2005, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

lol i just can't picture a cop driving down a highway with one hand on the wheel and another out the window clocking people I'd imagine it's dash mounted hardware.

Breakin all you suckaz off somethin real proper like
You know what I'm sayin?

GTS Jeff
04-04-2005, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by Milk2%
ye ye...its just the pyhsics of it....driving in opposite directions....just doesn't work.... You did shitty in Physics class.

All the cop does is subtract the speed he's travelling from the speed indicated on the radar unit.

Milk2%
04-04-2005, 12:15 AM
k...i asked if there accurate to the degree of driving in opposite directions...not some fucken lame how its mounted...either you know....of else...post else where...

EK 2.0
04-04-2005, 12:21 AM
k...i asked if there accurate to the degree of driving in opposite directions...not some fucken lame how its mounted...either you know....of else...post else where...

"hey playa"

easy there...there are answers to your queries in the thread read them and stop getting upset...

"G's up...hoes down"

Milk2%
04-04-2005, 12:21 AM
He said....it posted 121 on the radar gun...he didn't do some fucken math in the car....fuck go post whore somewhere else....didn't you read the first couple of words that i posted...

GTS JEFF^^^

FiveFreshFish
04-04-2005, 12:25 AM
I'd imagine it's dash mounted hardware.

Yep, something like this.

AhabTheArab
04-04-2005, 12:26 AM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

Milk2%
04-04-2005, 12:28 AM
AhabTheArab

agree but again i have a cabin in kelownna...and i'm there about 5 times a year....if i get caught after the fact i didn't pay..i could go to jail...or they might do some micheal jackson shit to me...haha

FiveFreshFish

HAHAHAHAHHA

googe
04-04-2005, 12:38 AM
haha cops radar you from the other lane ALL the time, this is nothing new

and dont think youre the first to question the accuracy of a radar going the opposite direction, theyve obviously got that worked out as theyve been doing this longer than youve been born ;)

whether they simply subtract it, or whether the radar does it for them on the fly based on the speed the vehicle is moving, theyve got it worked out

Milk2%
04-04-2005, 12:42 AM
yes yes i know that... but he was moving...and it was actaully from quite a distance....plus he was going down hill...i was going up....

camby
04-04-2005, 01:04 AM
If physics is what you're concerned about,
http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/sound/radar.html

GTS Jeff
04-04-2005, 01:04 AM
He said....it posted 121 on the radar gun...he didn't do some fucken math in the car....fuck go post whore somewhere else....didn't you read the first couple of words that i posted...

GTS JEFF^^^

How about you read your post over again. He told you that you were going 121, not that his radar posted 121. You got good advice right off the bat, but since you're blind, I'll repost it for you.

Call it what you want to
You fucked with me, now it's a must that I fuck with you.

Milk2%
04-04-2005, 01:07 AM
agree but again i have a cabin in kelownna...and i'm there about 5 times a year

READ AGAIN

CAN YOU FUCKEN SEE IT

Milk2%
04-04-2005, 01:10 AM
camby

I understand....but again...i wanna know if the accuracy....is anywhere close to the accuaracy of say....a stablized photo radar gun

Because even if i can prove it is off by say...5 km/h....i could try and get some demirets deducted...since over 30 km/h is 4 demirts.

Milk2%
04-04-2005, 01:18 AM

How about you read your post over again. He told you that you were going 121, not that his radar posted 121. You got good advice right off the bat, but since you're blind, I'll repost it for you.

it doesn't matter if he told me it was...121...because i know a cops not gonna take his time to do the math....usually if a cops says the speed you were going..is either an estimate...or else clocked on the radar gun....

enough of this..if your not gonna post with some helpfull information...please don't post

camby
04-04-2005, 01:20 AM
I would think the thing is pretty accurate. Old units might lose calibration so you could contact the manufacturer of the radar unit to see what the specs are and what required calibration if any is needed. Good luck.

Milk2%
04-04-2005, 01:23 AM
Thanks camby....hope in all it goes well :D

trikypenguin
04-04-2005, 01:31 AM
anyone know how many demerits 20 over is?

Milk2%
04-04-2005, 01:35 AM
3 i do believe.

Hash_man
04-04-2005, 01:37 AM
^^ i believe 20 over is 2 demerits.

Because even if i can prove it is off by say...5 km/h....i could try and get some demirets deducted...since over 30 km/h is 4 demirts.

If what GTS jeff says is true it doesnt matter how many demerits it is.... because...:

Milk2%
04-04-2005, 01:40 AM
But hashman....i'm in bc about 5 times a year....with not paying my ticket...and by chance i do get pulled over...since i have a tendency...to speed...i could see jail time...and i don't want that

Milk2%
04-04-2005, 01:44 AM
And again...its 3 demeits...for going over 20km/h

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?threadid=70789

a quick search found it

GTS Jeff
04-04-2005, 01:54 AM

READ AGAIN

CAN YOU FUCKEN SEE IT OMFG.

That has NOTHING to do with what I'm suggesting. Before you tell anyone else to read, you should try it yourself. No one told you to not pay the ticket. I told you not to fight the ticket, which means, just pay it, because it won't affect your record. Why are you still talking about demerits when we've already established that YOUR RECORD IS NOT AFFECTED?

Does my typing in CAPS help you understand what a dumbshit you are?

BlkMaxima
04-04-2005, 01:59 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHA:clap: ^^^^^^^^

Hash_man
04-04-2005, 02:09 AM
^^^^ HAHAHAHA so true... :rofl: :rofl: :banghead:

DayGlow
04-04-2005, 02:36 AM
radar and laser are very different. Radar works off of the doppler shift principle, ie change in wave length from hitting a moving object varies with it's speed. That change can accurectly measured even if the emitting platform is moving. So moving radar is just as accurate as stationary.

soupey
04-04-2005, 07:41 AM
basically what hes trying to say is that even though the cop car is moving, it is going to spit out an accurate value (assuming the hardware is sound), if you look at the physics site posted above, the main thing to note is that the time interval is 'c', if youve never seen any physics in your life...c represents teh speed of LIGHT (3x10^8m/s), sooo basically the only error that would need to be factored in would be VERY little because the distance the cop car moves in the time it takes for a radar to hit your car and return to his is so damn small (t=d/v, even if the cop travelled a meter before the radar signal hit your car and returned to his, 1meter/3x10^8....which is a very very very small difference), basically all this babble means is that the error that the radar gun will have is negligible to the reading he gets, that said im pretty sure if a radar is integrated into the car, they must have wired it in so that it monitors how fast teh cruiser is going if the radar is used while in motion

so when everythings said and done...you basically can only argue that the equipment was faulty...and state clearly that your a STUDENT. hahaha, good luck wit everything.

skidmark
04-04-2005, 10:32 AM
Decatur says that our Genesis II sets are accurate to +/- 1 km/h at 50 km/h.

There are links to radar information on our web site:

http://www.island.net/~cihp/faq.html

EK 2.0
04-04-2005, 11:30 AM
But hashman....i'm in bc about 5 times a year....with not paying my ticket...and by chance i do get pulled over...since i have a tendency...to speed...i could see jail time...and i don't want that

we havent said DO NOT PAY IT we said DO NOT FIGHT IT because BC Demerits DO NOT AFFECT YOUR AB DRIVERS ABSTRACT

Zero102
04-04-2005, 01:46 PM
Man, this thread made me laugh out loud.
Lay it on him GTS Jeff. It's funny when it's somebody else...

Just incase it hasn't been said enough.

PAY THE DAMN TICKET. THE DEMERITS WON'T AFFECT YOU.
NOBODY GIVES A SHIT IF YOU DRIVE THERE 5 TIMES A YEAR, IT DOESN'T MATTER!!!!!!!!1111one!!EXCLAMATION MARK!

Hash_man
04-04-2005, 02:11 PM
we havent said DO NOT PAY IT we said DO NOT FIGHT IT because BC Demerits DO NOT AFFECT YOUR AB DRIVERS ABSTRACT

Lol... maybe he couldn't read the smaller font, that should help.

Milk2%
04-04-2005, 03:59 PM
i was mistaken....the whole time i was thinking or fighting the ticket..since its like 200 bucks...and i have a bunch more to pay for...

don't bother fighting it, BC tickets won't affect your Alberta record

i didn't read this correctly, i was under the ligitimate reason not fighting it....not paying it...

I first of all....asked are the radar guns accurate while moving..

meaning i was hoping to try and get some information that they could be...since i could go get the fine reduced...something along those lines

GTS Jeff
04-04-2005, 06:04 PM
You probably could dispute the ticket on the grounds of the radar equipment's accuracy, but are you willing to pay for the flight there and back, as well as accomodations, just to get a ticket reduced a few bucks?

Milk2%
04-04-2005, 06:25 PM
well...i have a cabin in golden...and thats where i would end up fighting the ticket...so i would just make a weekend of it..go shredd kicken horse

Hash_man
04-04-2005, 06:27 PM
Look, if you're so worried about having to pay the ticket, then go try and fight it... sure you can try and fight the accuracy of the radar, you could try other things too probably... but trying to fight it can't hurt.

GTS Jeff
04-04-2005, 06:30 PM
well...i have a cabin in golden...and thats where i would end up fighting the ticket...so i would just make a weekend of it..go shredd kicken horse Make sure you've got a solid case. Small towns aren't as forgiving as city courts.

Milk2%
04-04-2005, 06:44 PM
yea...i'm still trying to think of something i could use...only thing so far is the radar accuracy....

FiveFreshFish
04-04-2005, 06:50 PM
You can question the officer's skill and training in the operation of that particular radar unit. But you really have to know what to ask and how to present your argument.

StupidWade
04-04-2005, 07:26 PM
Radar guns have a very wide beam. They can't pick one car out of a pack very easily (not like laser.) If you were in a group of cars, it's unlikely that the police officer can accurately say that he knows that it was YOU that was registered on the radar gun.

Also, if you are near a large moving vehicle, like a tractor trailer unit or a bus, there is a greater likelihood that the radar gun will register the speed of the larger object.

Don't bother with trying to beat the accuracy of the gun or the training of the policeman. I'm sure that cops and judges have heard all that shit before and know exactly how to deal with it.