PDA

View Full Version : Lambo Doors

95delsol
04-05-2005, 08:19 AM
What is the truth about the cheaper Ebay lambo doors? From what i've heard is that unless you get a set that is welded in dont bother. And for the $600 sets on ebay do you need to do any customization to the fenders like i've heard you need to do. Can any one help me out here, I need to know if I could go cheaper or if I should go expensive.

sputnik
04-05-2005, 08:50 AM
The cheapest way to go is to not buy them at all. Lambo doors are serious rice 99% of the time.

eeseen racing
04-09-2005, 06:58 PM
k man he dint answer your question like 99% of the ppl on this site u dint ask if it was rice thats one thing that really turns me off this site. anyways bolt on kits are not as good simply because they are not welded on and doors weigh a lot and could snap the bolts but if u have a bolt on kit it can always be welded anyways so remevber that as for customization to fitr matters on the car and etc.. hopefully someone on here has tried it

mike_papps
07-30-2005, 12:09 AM
Bump!!!

I'd like to know too... I'm looking into lambo doors but dont wanna waste my time... Are any of those doors worth the effort..

mike_papps
07-30-2005, 12:37 AM
If anyone can sort this out please let me know!!!

finboy
07-30-2005, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
The cheapest way to go is to not buy them at all. Lambo doors are serious rice 99% of the time.

i concur

mike_papps
07-30-2005, 11:12 PM
that doesnt help the senario....

brainlessbiker
08-03-2005, 03:19 PM
go with the more expencive kits they are way more sturdy.
I made the mistake of buying a cheep kit off of 403honda.com.
i waited 2 weeks for it to arive it was like waiting for christmas.

the doors arrived and to my dismay the hinges did not come with the gas cylinders or actuators. the hinges were no where near to par I took them in to a body shop to get them installed and the bodyman took it and bent the hinge over his knee. he said if i had put that kit on my car it would have bent from the weight of the door. needless to say i sent the kit back and i'm trying to get my money back.
now i'm waiting for my more expencive motorized kit from autoloc.com. like waiting for a second christmas!:banghead:

d-UNiT
08-03-2005, 04:38 PM
that delux kit is pretty sick how much cdn did that set you back bro

lastprodigy
08-03-2005, 04:51 PM
if you get em get the real deal, dont get imitation crap...im not a huge fan but you dont care to hear that....look to spend at least 1000 on a kit....decah is the original creator of it

mike_papps
08-08-2005, 12:09 AM
Ok so i guess no one has bought them... hmmm.... this could be tough....

MiG_Master
08-08-2005, 01:22 AM
Gotta say, if you are gonna do it, get them welded, or a very high quality kit. I have heard more "bent and broke" stories than I have of kits that worked.

And my personal opinion, leave the lambo doors on the lambos.

schurchill39
08-08-2005, 08:36 AM
Try talking to sunfiredude ( think thats his user name). his real name is dax and I know for she he just installed them in his sunfire so he would know how that whole deal went.